Author Topic: Re: jon's ban from the moderated war2 section  (Read 27642 times)

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Re: Re: jon's ban from the moderated war2 section
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2017, 07:25:34 PM »
I've changed my mind: this subforum is not actually a troll, but a lesson.  As we one by one get banned from posting here, it gives form to Jesus's words "Let he without sin cast the first stone" through our own apparent and concrete example.  Truly, none of you is without sin, and each of you makes mistakes from time to time and causes others offense and hurt.  I hope you'll all be cognizant of that and take more care when posting in the future.
great point, thank you for making it comrade blid.
squeak!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2017, 04:43:22 AM »
I've changed my mind: this subforum is not actually a troll, but a lesson.  As we one by one get banned from posting here, it gives form to Jesus's words "Let he without sin cast the first stone" through our own apparent and concrete example.  Truly, none of you is without sin, and each of you makes mistakes from time to time and causes others offense and hurt.  I hope you'll all be cognizant of that and take more care when posting in the future.
great point, thank you for making it comrade blid.

Indeed. IMO It is when people go about deliberately and repeatedly being nasty that there is a problem.

BTW: I liked the "wasteland" comment. I thought it was an appropriate and a bit funny. I don't this Claw's post should be wasted, I liked it, but he did go out of his way to put one sentance in bold text, which was an obvious dig at the communist fraternity. Given that, I thought the reply from MWR was a fair response.

... and also when do we get BS back? I presume these aren't permabans for mild first offences - otherwise the last person here is going to have to insult themselves just to get on the cool kids list ;)

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2017, 05:10:28 AM »
oh and also Lamby of course, lamby's so damn gentlemanly :)

Aww thanks mousey.

But now I've caoungth up on this thread a bit more, I feel like I'm missing out a bit .... so:

Jets suck Yankees suck Nix suck ... Krypton sucks!

Kripton sucks - YouTube

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2017, 05:11:45 AM »
he did go out of his way to put one sentance in bold text, which was an obvious dig at the communist fraternity. Given that, I thought the reply from MWR was a fair response.
Most, or all of the polish patriotic songs, were censored, banned and forbidden. its an important part of polish history. At the time, we had tons of movies full of allegories that censors eye would miss. new wave of communists should be aware of this part of history (not ideology from the books, but HISTORICAL FACTS. nobody seems to like those :-))
Lately ive seen a vid of discussion between neocommunists and some eastern european migrant. The guy informed them that you could be put in jail for posession, citing or reading certain books in communist regimes. Then he asked if it happens in 20-21st century america. Of course, neocommunists said that it happens too - people are put to jail just for reading a book. they forgot to bring up examples tho

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2017, 06:21:12 AM »
HISTORICAL FACTS. nobody seems to like those

Ahhh "facts" - such slippery little things, even when you can get a handful of people to agree on what they are, it's virtually impossible to get them to agree on what they mean.

To be honest, most political argument, particularaly the rehashing of historical political arguments, just puts me to sleep. If you guys want to talk about that stuff, well fair enough, but you'll notice I don't often join in.

I would like to see and hear what's good about Poland the Polish people.
 :critter:

If there are positives in their stoicism and the way they have overcome adversity, then good, I want to hear about them - but I want to hear as little as possible about the problems and as much as possible about how they overcame them.

.... and preferably those elements of the story that are quintessentially Polish. i.e. not just how you kicked ass, but how you kicked ass the Polish way.

When I randomly parachute out of a plane blindfolded then discover I'm in Poland, what are the things that will make me say, "Cool, I'm glad I landed here because...." ?

You don't have to post what I want, of course, but this is why I have liked your latest Poland thread so far.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2017, 06:31:28 AM »
I haven't downloaded the ESP telepathy 17.0 upgrade

LOL ;D

Don't install the beta test, wait for the stable release!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2017, 06:38:00 AM »
i am not arguing about facts, i am presenting them. no amount of words will change the history, and i am describing exactly that - situations that HAVE happened. no book knowledge, no dogmas of any kind. everyone here keeps missing that point and possess this Orwell's 1984 mindset that history and facts are flexible

Could it be because ya'll adore hillary clinton and what she represents?
"The goal is to make you question logic and reason and to sow mistrust towards exactly the people we need to rely on: our leaders, the press"

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2017, 06:56:34 AM »
i am not arguing about facts, i am presenting them. no amount of words will change the history, and blah blah blah polotics, polotics...."

Did you seriously just read only the first sentance of that post?

Go read the rest of it, I made it special just for you, like cookies  ;)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2017, 07:20:37 AM »
i pointed out what was wrong in your reasoning. as for the rest, its your wishes that may come true. it depends on my mood... or the mood of others that are willing to contribute

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: jon's ban from the moderated war2 section
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2017, 08:31:17 AM »
COOL  :)

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2017, 05:01:22 AM »
i am not arguing about facts, i am presenting them. no amount of words will change the history, and i am describing exactly that - situations that HAVE happened. no book knowledge, no dogmas of any kind. everyone here keeps missing that point and possess this Orwell's 1984 mindset that history and facts are flexible

Could it be because ya'll adore hillary clinton and what she represents?
"The goal is to make you question logic and reason and to sow mistrust towards exactly the people we need to rely on: our leaders, the press"

polish my shoes, scrub