Author Topic: White screen in chat  (Read 41225 times)

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Re: White screen in chat
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 11:29:11 PM »
white screen way much better then color bug because it happen rarely.

Color bug is permanent, everytime you alt tab.

uh no, color bug still allows you to text and chat. White screen completely handicapped until you made a pseudo game or reconnected to Ru to fix the problem.

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2015, 11:34:24 PM »
White screen appear rarely, when it happen you just have to w8 untill banner switch to the other one. If he dint repair you just have to create a game wich took 2 sec and everything is good.

Color bug is always, everytime you alt tab, it not good for eyes and will ruined your eyes to always play like that.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2015, 11:36:47 PM »
White screen appear rarely, when it happen you just have to w8 untill banner switch to the other one. If he dint repair you just have to create a game wich took 2 sec and everything is good.

Color bug is always, everytime you alt tab, it not good for eyes and will ruined your eyes to always play like that.

White screen wasn't rare lol, if it was many people here wouldn't of posted about it.

You a ophthalmologist now  :o?

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2015, 11:38:37 PM »
How much did post about color bug? There was 6 person who realize white screen it was happening, im pretty sure most of the server was prefering white screen bug way before color bug.

For once in ten years i was able to play almost the time with the real color channel and the icons, but now i dint even see or realize icons anymore because color bug is always.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 11:40:43 PM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2015, 11:48:27 PM »
How much did post about color bug? There was 6 person who realize white screen it was happening, im pretty sure most of the server was prefering white screen bug way before color bug.

For once in ten years i was able to play almost the time with the real color channel and the icons, but now i dint even see or realize icons anymore because color bug is always.

I thought you didn't play anymore?

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2015, 12:18:33 AM »
It does for me. I was messing with it on my server, and from what I can tell the Naproxen colorfix (the little app that auto kills & restarts explorer.exe) fixes both problems, at least for me on my computer (Win7). Is there any reason we can't just roll that into the war2combat installer and make it the main shortcut that gets added to the desktop?

I really don't see killing the explorer.exe as a real solution to the problem, killing it makes it difficult to multitask while playing warcraft. i.e playing music from youtube or running warvideo.

It's not a real solution, it's an effective workaround, and it's better than nothing. (Better than newbs getting randomly spammed with technicolor the moment they log on for the first time.) It does affect multi-tasking to some degree but doesn't totally handicapp it (alt+tab still works fine), and anyway there can't be that much shit that you absolutely have to do in the middle of playing wc2. You can always just close and restart the game if you really need to do something.
squeak!

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2015, 02:16:45 AM »
It does for me. I was messing with it on my server, and from what I can tell the Naproxen colorfix (the little app that auto kills & restarts explorer.exe) fixes both problems, at least for me on my computer (Win7). Is there any reason we can't just roll that into the war2combat installer and make it the main shortcut that gets added to the desktop?
The main problem is very individual. Killing explorer helps someone in several cases, but doesn't help others. Or doesn't help the same guy in some other cases.
And it's also very agressive solution.

whitescreen happened to me quite often.
Is it fixed for you now after we keep 1 banner only?
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.