Author Topic: Another SS refusal from Swift  (Read 19542 times)

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Another SS refusal from Swift
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2017, 12:34:58 PM »
Lawdy ain't wrong though, your just a small percentage there tora who'll let newer people play. New players generally have to go above and beyond if they want to stay here and become a member of the community, which for a game they just downloaded, is something that's unreasonable for us to expect.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2017, 12:55:44 PM »
I won't disagree at all. I do think players who care about this game should spend 1 hour hosting public games for everyone before they  go private. Unfortunately this will probably never happen.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 01:01:48 PM by ~ToRa~ »
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2017, 01:08:15 PM »
There seems to be an attitude on the server that says, "If I play with a bad player I will become bad."
war2 > war3

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2017, 12:04:19 AM »
i, too, host "fun" games 80% of the time where i balance out noobs and regs. however, there should be no obligation for the regulars to force newer players to play with them. that said, it's probably even better/fairer for all involved to simply allow the newer players to watch and learn rather than play in a 30-second game with seasoned veterans before having their 3 farms and 2 halls mauled by 9 lusted ogres within the first 8 minutes.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2017, 01:13:44 AM »
i, too, host "fun" games 80% of the time where i balance out noobs and regs. however, there should be no obligation for the regulars to force newer players to play with them. that said, it's probably even better/fairer for all involved to simply allow the newer players to watch and learn rather than play in a 30-second game with seasoned veterans before having their 3 farms and 2 halls mauled by 9 lusted ogres within the first 8 minutes.

There is no end to making players "watch and learn." There is only so much watching someone can do. Look at warhammer, he has watched 1000s of games and yet despite that nobody would say he is any good.
Players at the top tier rarely host public games and even when they do they usually make everyone except players along their skill set watch.
Thou I will say dugs, your not as bad as most of the other top tier players. I won't say names thou I dearly would like to.

@eyyy im walkin here what was that post you had about new players on RU?
war2 > war3

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2017, 10:20:48 AM »
Lol Warhammer is fine.

I don't know what post you mean.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2017, 11:33:02 AM »
^^the one in blue text. About new players thats written mad funny.
war2 > war3

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2017, 12:11:11 PM »
oh yeah I remember that one.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2017, 12:28:07 PM »
(pop up that wont close and keeps poping back up)Hello new user!!  Before You PLay, Read this dfirst (really please read or you wont know whats going on ya dumb noob, lol)

Welcome to this community, Warcraf 2 (War2 for short, not wc2) is a classic game that is stil lgreat today, and we here have been playing this fuckin shit for 20 years now.  And our commuynity is TOXIC hahah!!

Anyway long storey short the pros here dont have time for you.  We Will berate you and boot you from our games, until you get good, because ne wplayerrs liek you just get in the way.  BUT DONT Dont let that stop you from playing. BEcause some day you can become a pro too and call people "noob lord scurb ass" which will make this all worth it

Anyway, when you log in, join the channel "The Chamber" which is a pretty badass name by the way.  We are putting all the noobs on a train straight to THE CHAMBER.  Here you can find other new players to play together .  Theres a bot there and if you tell the bot your skype name or something and what kind of games youre looking for it will tweet other new players and and thers a whole system worked out.    Antoher thing you can do, is join games called GOW with pros in them and watch.  Tell them you are a watcher and ally everyone and don't build and watch and learn.  Pratcie against the computer and against other nobs, or, ask a pro maybe to help train you.  Tell him you can be the next "swift" they'll know what that means

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2017, 01:07:17 PM »
^^You know after reading that again maybe that is a good idea. Send all players to the chamber. New players will simple stay in the chamber and vets will join the war2bne channel. Then we just get some volunteers to host for new players in the chamber.
war2 > war3