Author Topic: Everyone On East Coast of USA high ping  (Read 9879 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone On East Coast of USA high ping
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2017, 01:14:11 PM »
Well yeah if you were dialing up on a modem you probably didnt need to do anything but otherwise everything is the same as on bnet.

And um i think il is fine with the idea of someone building a hole punching method for us as long as they cooperate with us?  he seemed to say that in the past.  see here:

If you can find a programmer and he can implement "firewall hole punching", that looks interesting!
Another thing, is i don't think such project is possible without my part. I mean, there will no result if i just give you full access to the server, relax... and we are happy.
I think that will be a big work together with me, to attach it to our server configuration.

Otherwise, if you don't work together with us, you feel free to release that project on your own hardware.
"Hole punching client" will use your own "hole punching server", war2 client will use server.war2.ru. Also possbile configuration, not more difficult than to place "hole punching server" on server.war2.ru.

As i understand, that should be a client-server application. Server-side could be a server.war2.ru or any other server, client side should be an .exe-file on every client computer.
You can do that yourself or together with us, up to you.
If you share the source codes of your project to me, i can confirm it's safe thing to use. And include to shared pack (like combat or w/e.)

Of course, if you will share some .exe without source code, i can't confirm it's safe. But you can share it yourself, people will use it on their own risk. Looks reasonable, isn't it?

P.S: "firewall hole punching" will not cover 100% of situations, but will definitely resolve some of current problems.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2017, 01:14:46 PM »
Hey IL,

I don't know if you read the forums very much, but there's been a lot of discontent among the users.

They all want things done quickly and efficiently. I realize you are busy and have your own deadlines to get things done.
However I was wondering if there was a way that maybe we can expedite the process.

Right now Blid tells me right now you are working on the competing the anti hack with a hard ware ban.

Would you be interested in maybe accepting some outside help from say a private contractor?

It shouldn't be to difficult finding one from say
 http://www.guru.com/

Hi, Tora!
Well, i'm very busy with my real life and my main work also, so i paused my war2 projects for a while.

Yes, i plan to improve my antihack soon, that just needs to think hard, so i still paused also.

Not sure how to use some outside help, previous tries (from other community member) haven't been succeed.
I don't think that it could be easy to find anybody who will make something perfect to use for us.
My previous experience shows that solutions becomes unusable and i have to remake them from scratch.

We talked with Lance about some help from his side, he looks like he could be useful, but he disappeared also.

That's also not so easy to find the way to split the antihack task to several people. I know what i want and i have some self-made code, but nobody will continue another's code, so then i need to split project so several parts and to give another part to anyone else...

I still hope i'll find enough time to finish that project for myself soon...

There are some more projects for war2 instead of antihack, but nobody want to work on that...
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2017, 01:16:12 PM »
If someone wants to volunteer or if someone knows a programmer to fix the issue ill pay for it.
war2 > war3

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2017, 01:18:10 PM »
the post from iL i posted is more specifically about hole punching and more recent so i think it supersedes ;)  though i havent seen iL around much lately!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2017, 01:20:13 PM »
^^I suppose your right.
I bugged him a lot at the beginning of 2016 and I think he started to get annoyed so I just dropped the whole issue.
Like I said if you can find someone to fix it ill sponser it.
war2 > war3

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2017, 08:33:19 PM »
now I'm having an issue where i used CPU savior, I think it edited my registry to put war2 on 1 cpu, and my game is in slow motion. I tried uninstalling and re-installing, and i can't fix it :(

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2017, 01:43:44 AM »
cmon now, you were going to retire because of imaginary excuse anyway

Offline woot.

• Grunt
  • we r a dying breed...tolerate 1 another...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2017, 03:37:44 AM »
mr.yamon if you say your playing how come i never see you? are u smurfing mr.yamon...  :-\ :-X :P ::) ??? :critter: :thumbsup: :fro:
New Ideaology - "Most likely the product of suppressing nostalgia from oneself
to retaliate transgression from egocentric agendas." © WooT. 2017

i can be a bit oxymoron at times help me with english.. i am a hs drop out and and english is not my first language so gyeh..

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2017, 07:06:49 PM »
server ping does not matter when the game starts

poor excuse, son
This. how do people think that ping to server causes lag between players, after all these years
seriously - holy fucking shit we have some dense motherfuckers still playing this game

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2017, 07:19:43 PM »
yamon is kind of IT too (or at least he claims so, between watching videos of dr.Bergman obviously)