Author Topic: Doubles league.  (Read 2164 times)

Offline KagaN

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
Doubles league.
« on: October 13, 2017, 07:30:00 AM »
Hey all! At July I had trying to orginise russian teams league. But it did not work out for different reasons.
But if the same project start implement one of u, so we have more chances for success.

League system:
Two pairs (teams) in advance negotiate about a match.
1st team choose their favorite map from THIS LIST.
After that 2d team picks his best map.
Next comes 3d game. And for define a playing map teams will pick one of these maps:

◆ GOW ef classic - Garden of war
◆ CHOP
◆ GSEPS - Gold separates east & west
◆ FRIENDS
◆ POS - Plains of snow
◆ FOC BNE - Fierce ocean combat/HSC - High seas combat
◆ NWTR - Nowhere to run or hide

Tournament length of time 1-1.5 month.

What do u think about it? :)

upload pics
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:31:53 PM by KagaN »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: Darslan's league.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 12:12:34 PM »
Players are only allowed to pick maps from the list? What settings are the games to be played on.
war2 > war3

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 06:21:36 PM »
I think it would be the same issues as the Russian League and tournaments spread out over month periods with players not playing others. The 2vs2 will make it that much harder for waiting both player and ally to be online. The league is fun though and even if not all matches are played the teams who do end up playing more and earning more points can be called champion in the end. Players who were not active could be dropped out and replaced in a Part 2 with maybe a couple weeks to sign up and start over again with better results each time.

Offline KagaN

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 02:55:44 AM »
Players are only allowed to pick maps from the list? What settings are the games to be played on.
Yeah, every team can pick "his" map from maplist. Standard settings. Almost all maps - high ef. Chop (and mb WD) - fastest.

Offline KagaN

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 03:12:55 AM »
The 2vs2 will make it that much harder for waiting both player and ally to be online.
Aw yeah, it's most problematic thing in league.

And we can divide all teams into 2 groups.
# 12 teams - 2 groups (6+6). From each group in final round comes 3 team.

Offline KagaN

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 11:40:57 AM »
XuRnT can explain this league system better than me. And we were team in that league - "TIMBERWOLVES" :) Arh-woooo...

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 01:40:29 PM »
You explained it pretty good, just forgot to put how many points each match earns. Which I don't remember the point system. I think its 1 point for winning map you pick, 2 points for beating the opposing team on their map pick, and 1 point for the 3rd game?

TIMBERWOLVES!

Offline KagaN

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 02:30:04 PM »
and 1 point for the 3rd game?
2. But it doesn't matter. It depends from the orginiser.

«I will say: idleness - a toy of the devil - in the first place. Second - get exercise, do not smoke in the corners there, wank, masturbate, which, of course, much the same thing. Just idleness is the devil's plaything, I repeat. Well, the whole world is against me - I'm right! I am inspired by it. So, guys, do not lose your head in the first place. And all the best to you». Thus spoke Dar.

Offline Wargasm

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 03:39:03 PM »

I fully support the singles ladder that is built in to W2Combat; but I think exploring another option for team ladder is a great idea.

Back in the day, I think the 'IGL Cases Team Ladder' drove a lot of competition, as well as camaraderie.  It's simplicity (move halfway up ranks with win) and ability to create team pages to add / identify team members seem like the biggest difference from the current team ladder.  Although it has created controversy in the past, I think the fact that players have to report losses is a good thing - at the very least it gets people to be checking out the site as they report their ray-ping.

It would probably be a good idea to limit teams to 2-3 veterans + 1-2 newbies or something along those lines - in order to have a decent number of competitive teams and incorporate the less experienced.

I know there are a handful of others with good input on this topic, but in summary - keep going w/ this idea!