Author Topic: Why Men Want Casual Sex  (Read 19835 times)

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
Why Men Want Casual Sex
« on: October 25, 2017, 09:54:08 AM »
This guy who has his own YouTube channel has some interesting ideas on why men want casual sex. This is especially because Tora keeps bringing it up as being his preferred modus operandi and this preference warrants further investigation because of how serious a thing it is and how deeply it affects families, individuals, and all of society. Decisions made in thoughtless youth can affect a person for life.

This was an explanation on why men want casual sex that I'd never heard before, and I'm still not sure it's correct, but it's interesting anyways.

Why Men Want Casual Sex - YouTube

I'll add this disclaimer. I do not espouse many of Molyneux's views, but having watched a handful of his videos, I will concede that he does have good, common sense points to make on a variety of subjects. But I disagree with him in many areas, so this is just to share his potentially flawed views on a topic of interest where I feel he has some useful things to say.

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: Why Men Want Casual Sex
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 10:25:54 AM »
Why do you care how I view sex?
war2 > war3

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 10:32:45 AM »
I care about people in general.

I care about society. I care about people hurting. I care about babies aborted. I care about the women who are hurt and destroyed. I care about the men who are hurt and destroyed. I care about the children that are hurt and destroyed.

I want something better for you than you seem to want for yourself.

I want you to live in a way that will give you fulfillment, love, satisfaction, pride, that will benefit you and all of society.

I want to one day be able to say "Tora is an awesome man, I look up to him. He is a great leader and someone everyone can trust."

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 10:43:25 AM »
I believe you shouldn't try and help people who don't ask for help.
war2 > war3

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 10:59:31 AM »
I disagree.

Even newborns don't know how to talk to ask for it. Doesn't mean they don't need it.

Seniors who are bedridden and afflicted with dementia also may be unable to ask for help.

It is our duty as human beings to help each other, even if the person in trouble is unable or unwilling to ask.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 11:17:50 AM »
Since your trying to help me I will try and help you.
I believe you have too much free time on your hands, remember "idle hands are the devils playground."

Anyone really trying to help people they have never met and have only corresponded on the internet really needs to find some new hobbies to keep themselves occupied.

I would suggest adding 5-10 more hobbies in your weekly schedule.

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/20-hobbies-which-will-make-you-more-productive.html
war2 > war3

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 07:09:57 PM »
Thanks for sharing the list of hobbies. I will come back to that later. :)

I'll start with this one:

I believe you have too much free time on your hands, remember "idle hands are the devils playground."

If we look at the stats, it is evident that your forum time exceeds mine by more than 6 times, with my total forum time sitting at 4 days, 3 hours and 56 minutes and yours being 26 days, 21 hours and 1 minute as of now, as shown in the stats in the links below.

Tora
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php?action=profile;area=statistics;u=792

BabyShark
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php?action=profile;area=statistics;u=2857

That being said, this is another example where, instead of responding to the topic or the issue at hand with valid, logical points to support your point of view and accompanying behavior, an ad hominem attack is used at another person to deflect from actually discussing the issue.

Now, returning to your hobby list, which is a positive contribution, so thank you for that, I will actually post the hobby ideas directly into the text here because it's actually useful!

1. Cooking - I cooked tacos tonight. :) One of my fave foods in the world!
2. Hiking - I love hiking. There are a great number of trails in my area, and a neighboring city has amazing waterfalls to see, including one as high as Niagara Falls (but with less water).
3. Painting - I have a painting I did hanging above my computer. :)
4. Sculpture - I'm a master at Sculptorades! My team can always guess it correctly!
5. Writing - I'd say writing, which I thoroughly enjoy, is a part of the forum. Great hobby. Good to get the old brain working!
6. Running - I run both on the treadmill and ran after a soccer ball today and had races with my son!
7. Dancing - Not much of a dancer. So here's one X on this list of 20.
8. Yoga - Tried it during the first pregnancy. It had too much of a religious component that isn't congruent with my own religious views, so only went through the one series of classes.
9. Cosplaying - I have to google what this even means. I actually think this would be fun. We should set up a LAN COSPLAY party and all dress up as W2 characters!! Ok, I haven't done this one, unless dressing up as stuff while playing with my kids counts. I'll take another X.
10. Reading - Reading is also involved in using the W2 forum. Besides that, I like to read both non-fiction and fiction. Someone recommended a book called Drive by Daniel Pink, which is in progress. I'm also reading Raising Boys by Design by Gregory Jantz, PhD, and Michael Gurian. In fiction, I enjoy an occasional John Grisham thriller, and am currently partway through the murder mystery The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware.
11. Playing video games - I think I have this one covered. ;)
12. Gardening - I have tried gardening, but I SUCK at it. All my plants die. Ok, I did manage to keep a tree alive, a flowering crabapple that I planted in the front yard. And it's only alive because I did absolutely nothing to it ever other than watering and fertilizing it a few times and wrapping the bottom to protect it from rabbits in winter and it just survives.
13. Knitting - I learned how to knit last December. Here are some scarves I made!

14. Woodwork - I did some woodwork in school and really enjoyed it. Can't do much of this now because I don't have the workspace or tools, but wood is beautiful to work with. Nothing like the smell of freshly cut lumber!
15. Playing poker - I've played this with my brothers, thankfully without real money involved. I need to stay away from poker involving money since I would lose it all! I take too many risks and bet too much.
16. Acting - I've been in a few plays, in my younger days, and have actually been in a movie, too lol. A small-time production when I was in university. I was told I'm a natural.
17. Amateur radio - I think doing W2 commentaries qualifies. ;)
18. Bodybuilding - That's a bit too manly for me. I'll take an X. In exercise class, I've used small weights, 5 and 8 lbs. But it's more for toning than building bulk. I actually have tried lifting huge weights, since I have a ton of brothers who did it, but not to any degree where I'd say I was significantly involved as to not get an X.
19. Swimming - Swam in a lake a few weeks ago (didn't have swim suit so jumped in with all my clothes!) and in a pool more recently. Swimming is great. I love to be in water.
20. Daydreaming - I have this one covered from here to Tennessee. I have the most beautiful daydreams.

So on your hobby list, 3 of the activities are ones I haven't been involved in. 17/20, not too bad if you ask me. :)

Perhaps you are the one who needs more hobbies and so you subconsciously searched out a hobby list to get you started! It's great to try new things. You never know what you'll experience, what you'll learn, or who you'll meet!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
war2 > war3

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 04:44:36 PM »
I started to watch this, and I plan to finish watching this when I have more time, possibly tonight. @~ToRa~

I got about 2.5 minutes in, and so far here are some of the things the girls said:

1. Sex is a way to get to know someone better.

2. Sex is the closest thing to magic.

3. Sex is a gift of God.

4. Sex is being vulnerable with someone.

5. Sex is a profound bonding experience.

I wouldn't argue with any of these statements, with the possible exception of number one.

I would say it makes a lot more sense to get to know someone first, before you decide to bond with them physically and emotionally with potential lifelong consequences including shared children, and then yes, continue to get to know them in more deep and intimate ways through the beautiful physical experience known as sex.

None of these statements so far are compatible with treating sex as cheap, easy, and casual, or with treating human beings as disposable objects for the purpose of bolstering one's own ego and procuring a physically pleasurable experience including orgasm.

BONDING means two things sticking together in a permanent way. And yes, the sex experience biologically and hormonally forms an emotional bond from a woman to a man, no matter how much of a scummy slime ball loser he actually is. It doesn't matter if he's an unemployed drug addict with 25 other kids from 25 different females, or if he has the intelligence of an earthworm. Because of this fact, a wise woman will be careful and choosy whom she allows into her heart and into her reproductive tract to become the potential father of her offspring.

And how does a girl with self-respect, who values herself, her body, her future family, throw her most intimate self away to random strangers who have done nothing to prove their worthiness or intention?

Fact is, every sexual partner a woman has, the less likely she is to be in a happy, stable marriage down the road.

It is particularly stupid for women to be sexually promiscuous because it lowers their market value to quality men (faithful men, good providers, intelligent, not promiscuous). A woman's youth and attractiveness lasts only so long. Eventually Ms. Throw-My-Panties-To-Every-Boner will be 30...then 40...women have a shorter shelf life than men do. So for a woman who wants to eventually be in a stable marriage relationship and have children who have a father to provide for them and help nurture them in the picture, for her to reduce her value and desirability and squander her youth on random momentary, fleeting experiences that will deplete her emotionally, physically, mentally is extremely foolish.

You have to look down the road. Where is the road leading?

I read a book written by one of these women (I like to expose myself to other perspectives and viewpoints to broaden my scope) who was now in her 40s and still single, and starting to realize that the marriage and children she assumed would be a part of her life in spite of living a carefree and promiscuous few decades, were starting to slip out of her grasp.

All the single desirable men her own age (employed, intelligent, marriage-minded) are now able to get women much younger than herself. She needed to reach up into the 50's plus age group.

Then she was thinking about freezing her eggs.

It's all a mess. I gtg but I'll continue more later.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 05:06:26 PM »
Can do me a favor.
Don't write such long posts. I don't rarely read posts that long.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 05:09:38 PM »
^^
*I rarely read such long posts because I mainly browse the forum with my iPhone. 
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2017, 01:22:10 AM »
It is particularly stupid for women to be sexually promiscuous because it lowers their market value

Wow...This statement is wrong on so many levels. Women aren't commodities with share prices.

Its 2017 men don't judge women based on how many sexual partners they have had.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2017, 02:22:02 AM »
All the single desirable men her own age (employed, intelligent, marriage-minded) are now able to get women much younger than herself

Men who fit this category are looking for women who are college educated with careers and ambition. Not women with nothing to offer but good looks and chastity.   
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 03:08:09 AM »
war2 > war3

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2017, 10:06:19 PM »
Can do me a favor.
Don't write such long posts. I don't rarely read posts that long.

You wanna set me up with an impossible quest, huh.

I'm supposed to watch a 20 minute video and respond with one sentence?

I'm supposed to watch a 20 minute video, and you don't want to read 2 minutes of text?

You don't want a level playing field.