Author Topic: New Player - Server not found?  (Read 4040 times)

Offline oMFgiMbA

• Critter
    • View Profile
New Player - Server not found?
« on: October 26, 2017, 05:02:01 PM »
Hello,

I am new I posted in the wrong section previously (because I'm new) However I need help getting the server to show up in my game. I have followed all of the tutorials and step by steps explaining how to fix the problem and I am still not getting it fixed. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated in solving this issue, also I would like to know where and how to download the 'antihack'

Thank You!

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Re: New Player - Server not found?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 06:09:23 PM »
Multiplayer > enhanched > RU server > create new account

Did you try that?

There are some good videos for connecting I can post when I get home unless someone beats me to it if that doesnt help.

Glad you made it this far! Hope you get set up by Sunday hosting a big tournament @ 3pm est.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 06:14:08 PM by XuRnT »

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 02:06:53 AM »
Hi,

The "anti-hack" is built into the version of Warcraft II Combat Edition that you can download from HERE .... probably the version you are already installing.

You can check what games are running and people's anti-hack status in your web browser using THIS page.

When you start war2ce select:

[M]ultiplayer
[E]nhanced

then make sure the box on the left has "Battle.net" selected and the combo on the right has "Ru: War2 Server".

then [C]onnect

If the list under "Select Gateway:" does not have the ru server listed the gateways have not been correctly written to the system registry. The easiest way to fix this is simply to re-install war2ce.

Hope this helps,

Have Fun  :)

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 03:40:52 PM »
such nice helpful replies, ty comrades!

he actually had some issue with the gateways not getting rewritten no matter what he did, they were showing the gateways from the new SC BW version & uninstalling BW didn't help

i'm not sure if he fixed or just played on another pc
squeak!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 01:55:42 AM »
i'm not sure if he fixed or just played on another pc

Oh, I see.

Well here's some more info that might help people with this problem.

The gateway config info is stored in the windows registry.

Under:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Battle.net\Configuration]

There is a key called "Battle.net gateways" Its a hex value that contains a list of zero-terminated UNICODE strings.

On my system the first 2 strings are "1001" and "01" which I assume is just language stuff, but after that is a list of server,integer,decsription strings.

i.e.

server.war2.ru
Ru: War2 Server
uswest.battle.net
U.S. West: CD-key required

I assume the integer ("-3" and "8" here) is something to do with the battle.net server regions, or whatnot, but obviously the 3rd string in each entry is the displayed description and when you select that you connect to the server which is the 1st string.

-------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so looking at the SS above, I am seeing color changes in the description strings IIRC these are typically <16 ASCII values, that appear here to be in the first byte of each UNICODE word.

So there is basically what WC2 sees as garbage in the gateways list.
I'm not sure exactly what method the war2ce installer is using to write the gateways. Just overwriting them? Trying to append them to an existing list?

If the SC:BW gateway list is in a different format to the WC2 one, and the installer is appending it to that list, then it is quite possible that WC2 is not finding the war2.ru entrys under the BW entries that it doesn't understand.

Also, I think there is a heirachy to registry branches HKLM/HKCU/HKU etc. whereby an entry can exist in two or more branches, so the OS will choose which one to use depending on the current state and user.

---------------------------------------------------

I would do this:

Double click on the war2.ru.reg file attached to this post, which should import a usable gateway list into the registry.

See if that works, if not then:

Open the registry editor  START->Run->regedit   (or however your system does it .... maybe search for "regedit" or "registry editor")

Do a search for "Battle.net gateways" and delete ALL keys named like this.

Double click on the war2.ru.reg file again. If your version of windows doesnt like V5.00 reg files, you can just reinstall wc2ce again which should fix it.

Although be warned, if you are using other Blizzard battle.net games this may remove their gateway entries, so you might want to back up any keys before you delete them. But in this case I would hope if you ran their installers after war2, they would be backward compatible and integrate properly with the old war2 format.

The .reg file also has a key for "Game Data Port" which is 6112 by default. You can use this to change your game port if you want (must between 1024 and 65535 of course).

Offline ejji:Reaper

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 08:54:50 AM »
hell, i can't even get w2 to open... it crashes everytime i open it (even in administrator mode)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 12:35:38 PM »
hell, i can't even get w2 to open... it crashes everytime i open it (even in administrator mode)

Really?
Well. More information please. i.e. Computer, OS, WC2 version, info from the crash report ... especially the exception address, and I'll try to help.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 03:25:15 PM »
if win10 then disable "DEP" (check stickied thread in this board)
squeak!