Author Topic: Screen is too much stretched  (Read 2268 times)

Offline fantassin

• Critter
    • View Profile
Screen is too much stretched
« on: October 29, 2017, 06:10:24 PM »
Hello

I'm playing Warcraft 2 BNE v.2.02, on a Windows XP pro (SP3) laptop. My desktop resolution is 1360x768.
The problem is that the game is too much stretched for the size of my screen, as a result, i can't see how much gold, wood, oil, and food i have (see screenshot).
It would be better if it was full screen with black bars on the sides or the top/bottom of the screen, as long as i can play it and see everything, it's all that matter. Of course i would prefer to fit the game to my screen as much as i can without distortion, for instance it would be fine to play 1024X768 with black bars on the sides. I found a topic with a similar problem as mine, http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,2636.0.html , but it couldn't solve my problem.

I already tried these 2 things with no good result:
#1.  I changed the resolution of my desktop, but it doesn't reflect any changes in the game. The problem remain the same.
#2. With a search on the forum, i found a tool to play in a window mode here http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,897.0.html . I thought it could solve my problem, so i have put the files ddraw.dll and ddraw.ini into the same folder where the game is installed C:\Program Files\Warcraft II BNE but when i tried to launch the game, i got a Direct Draw error message saying:: Warcraft II was unable to find ddraw.dll, launch SETUP.EXE to install DirectX. The error during initialization of DirectX was the access to this location is not valid: vidinimo_PC cpp line 113 LoadLibrary I don't understand because i do have directX installed, and i even found that i already have another ddraw.dll file in the system32 folder.. I tried to replace this dll with the new one from the tool, but it didn't change anything. So i wanted to "install" DirectX has the error message asked me to do. But when i launch the setup for DirectX from the game CD, i get an error message saying it is not necessary to install DirectX on Windows NT and more recent versions of windows because DirectX is already installed. Of course it is, then, why i can't use the Window Mode tool...

Laptop:
AMD Athlon X2 64 ATI Radeon

Thank you

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
Re: Screen is too much stretched
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 04:55:48 PM »
ok this may not be what u want..my card is a nvidia

in its nvidia control panel option "adjust desktop size and poition".

i turned off no scaling on the gpu..and now when i go into war2 its a 640x480 square..i could make it bigger dropiing my main reso to say 800x600 when i play and it would be squared all around the 640.

idk about ati i have it for onboard but it is not being used.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 05:00:25 PM by easycompany »