Author Topic: GoW 2vs2 Championship | December 17th @ 3pm est | PRE-REGISTER for T-Shirt draw  (Read 14001 times)

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server

That's right! For the first time ever the GoW 2vs2 Championship has been moved back to the cold months when we have more people playing. The Halloween Smurf tournament had 48 players, and the Tier 2 tournament just pulled in 28 while not even allowing the top guys to play. So I have a very good feeling that this one will be THE BIGGEST event in Warcraft 2 history.. bigger then any other tournament we have done before and we will actually have to turn some people away just due to time constraints.

This time we will be having prizes never seen before yet on the server. ~Tora~ will be having some awesome plaques made for the winners of the tournament where they can forever be immortalized on their home walls as the GoW 2vs2 Champions of 2017

We will be limiting this tournament to a maximum of 32 teams! If you want to Pre-Register your team now in this thread you will have a GUARANTEED spot in the tournament as long as both you and your team mate show up to channel Tournament between 2:30-3pm est time for check ins. Not only do you get a guaranteed spot in the tournament but you will also get added into special drawing live on the stream to win one of the special Warcraft 2 limited edition 2017 t-shirts. Only pre-registered players will be in this drawing. Sizes XL & 2XL only

Even though we have these prizes announced now they are still subject to change and get even bigger. If anyone else would like to contribute send to http://paypal.me/war2combat ( You can choose to take a load off my wallet or to extend the prizes  ;) )

Right now the cash prizes are as following

1st place : $400 per team mate
2nd place : $150 per team mate
3rd-4th place : $55 per team mate
5th-8th place : $25 per team mate

Also there will be TWO $20 drawings for ALL players who do not win a cash prize or the t-shirt drawing.

------

Donators include:

00Steve $1000
~Tora~ $100 (plus plaques)

------

A paypal address & Warcraft 2 insight will be required to collect the cash prizes. You can download War2Insight at http://en.war2.ru . You will need to be sure to record each game and turn them in once the tournament ends (Preferably on the forums in the results thread)

------

A few notes regarding a player leaving or too bad of conflict to play a series. I will allow a substitute to jump in
if there is extreme lag or cannot get a game started between the teams. If this happens the original players need to be returned by the next series. If one player has to leave or disappears without warning I will allow a substitute to continue on in his place ONLY IF THE OPPOSING TEAM AGREES TO THE SUB. If a player completely leaves before the tournament ends and his partner continues on and wins a prize the player who left will be totally forfeiting his earnings and the substitute will not receive a prize either.

All substitutes have to be players who originally did not enter the tournament. (hopefully no situations for subs occur.. we have been pretty lucky this year and everyone has been doing great about finishing up tournaments)

------

The thing that means the most to me though is the tournament lineage. Not only will you be winning some of these great prizes but your name will go down in the history books among some of the very best to ever play this game. Let's take a look back at the champions of yesteryear

Lineage of the 2vs2 Championship:

2006 Valkrie & Tyrus
2007 Valkrie & Rat
2008 Wargasm & Cloud
2012 Swift & Viruz
2013 Swift & ~Poscow
2014 Swift & StarTale

------

Tournament Semi-Finals/Finals will be streamed at http://tv.war2.ru and most likely will also be other players streaming there throughout the early tournament rounds as well.

------

So mark your calendars and be sure to pre-register.. FOR THE HORDE!

------

PLAYERS PRE-REGISTERED:

1. KagaN/Raz - team «Ragnarök»
2. Viruz/Swift
3. u8t3io3p/alf-attack
4. Oragorn/Ragner - team "Fangs of WH"
5. LoNe/Yamon
6. Paperboy/Mystical
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:03:42 PM by XuRnT »

Offline KagaN

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
1. KagaN/Raz - team «Ragnarök»

Offline ejji:Reaper

• Peon
    • View Profile
damn, that's a hella prizepool
i'd be down once i find a 2s partner ~~

Offline 00STEVE

• Peon
    • View Profile
As advertised, I will also be sending the winning team (and Vizzer, regardless of him getting raped out of the first round) a box of food. 

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
can i haz box of food
i can rape u @ mutton

wait didnt i fucking rape you in some KOTH series some time ago?

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
wow tshirt draw! so cool! burton is this the tourney i need to make the next banner for?

As advertised, I will also be sending the winning team (and Vizzer, regardless of him getting raped out of the first round) a box of food. 
what food
squeak!

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Yep this is it

Offline [TD]ViRuZ

• Peon
    • View Profile
Viruz+Swift will participate. Thanks.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Nice team champions return.

Offline jordan4385

• Grunt
    • View Profile
My money is on u8 + ally, thats like 10k in poland dollars.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
no its not 1 dollar now is 3.5 PLN so 400$~~1400PLN

how about make DE? or u want only SE?

u also can make bets xurnt :P (players not allowed- only watchers)

im going play with nup blindviet
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline jordan4385

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Good luck u8, i hope you make viruz and swiftone cry like little babies! (again)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:14:40 PM by jordan4385 »

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Szwagier you want to officially register the team of you and Braviet then? I can add you for the T-shirt drawing

Offline maciek

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Szwagier you want to officially register the team of you and Braviet then? I can add you for the T-shirt drawing
Do it xurnt. Szwagier told me in secret he would like to win this cool t-shirt.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 07:57:17 AM by maciek »

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Oragorn & Ragner - team "Fangs of WH"