Author Topic: Hello Friends (Semi-New / Kinda New / Ok new)  (Read 6420 times)

Offline ejji:Reaper

• Peon
    • View Profile
Hello Friends (Semi-New / Kinda New / Ok new)
« on: November 06, 2017, 04:42:09 PM »
My name's Drew or Drewski, whichever you prefer. Also go by "Nik, Niko" stemming from my days as a War3 player where my first accounts were "Nikoro- and x-Nikoro" on RoC where I was fairly "known" as a top player.
Sadly, due to blizzards policy of "log in X amount of days or lose your account" I finally ended up losing them and their subsequent stats last year which really sucked since I had been doing "upkeep" on them via logging in to make sure they were still there for years upon years.
I know, stupid, but what can I say? I spent my youth/teenage years playing the game I loved and wanted to hold on to those memories as long as possible.

regardless of whether anyone believes me, I have an excellent memory of the stats, ranks, which years I was X rank in solo ladder, 2v2 ladder, both RoC and TFT.
tournament wins/losses in clan wars before blizzard started hosting their own in-game tourneys and I was there for the dawning of what became known as "leagues."
Leagues were basically clan wars with what's similar here (people donating money and gathering sponsors for their clans to compete for prize pools and so on)
Long story short, I played RoC and TFT from release for a total of 14 years. It got to the point where it took longer to actually find a game on ladder than to win it.

moving forward: I stumbled across XuRnT's youtube channel videos displaying w2 and of course, this website as well as the awesome free download where I was able to meet and play with the people I had been watching on youtube.
For that, I am grateful to have stumbled across some great people and friendly people and look forward to playing with you guys some more.

i simply hope that my skills, however tarnished and washed up they may be, will come in handy as I learn the maps here, perfect my build orders and build friendships.

With that all being said, I want to say once more, thank you for welcoming me to the community and a massive shout out to:
XuRnT and ejji:H4ZARD (hazard of course for inviting me to join their clan, to which i accepted and I thank you)

My in-game account WAS going to be "-Nikoro-" however in light of being invited to a clan i am now going by and playing on
"ejji:Reaper"

Thanks again and Hope to see you guys in game and make more friends and play tons of games while we can
--We all know how blizzard loves to shit on private servers--

~Drewski/Nikoro/Reaper

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Friends (Semi-New / Kinda New / Ok new)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 05:27:42 PM »
Hey Reaper/Nikoro/Drewski,

Welcome to Warcraft 2, the best video game in the world!

Feel free to join my games if you see me on and let me know who you are if you happen to be on a name other than the ones you listed here so far.

If some people are unpleasant to someone unknown, don't take it to heart. Just ignore it, and look out for the people who are gonna welcome you, including XuRnT, ~ToRa~, mousey, CaptainKurtz, TheGoodShepherd, and others. Even Paper Boy Sol however his ~ ^ ~ go, who is super pro, is at times allowing new players to join his games.

If you haven't discovered it yet, there's an instant messaging and voice chat for W2 at Discord:

http://en.war2.ru/discord

Enjoy your stay at W2!

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 06:05:54 PM »
I'm logging on now, lookin to play some games.
Typically just 1v1 against computer if i can't find anyone to play with but that gets boring after a while

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 06:08:05 PM »
Glad you got signed up here and happy to hear you are with ejji.

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 07:12:27 PM »
Glad you got signed up here and happy to hear you are with ejji.

^_^
hazard didn't tell me much as to what to do after making acct and gettin icon from mouse so if theres more let me know
other than that, there's no one online that i know and the games i did join weren't exactly balanced so  didn't bother stickin around
anyhoo
i'll try again in the morning. its only 7pm here and it sucks that i have nothing to do now!

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 07:15:10 PM »
I am about to be home soon going to take a shower and do the treadmill for about 20 mins but if your logged in I will host a couple.

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 07:17:09 PM »
I am about to be home soon going to take a shower and do the treadmill for about 20 mins but if your logged in I will host a couple.

Sounds good, I'll log back on in about, 1hr? or will you be there before then?
I'm literally doing fuckall so its stare at a wall or play w2 lol

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 07:24:34 PM »
Ya about a hour if anyone else wants to join us

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 04:12:14 PM »
nice, welcome Reaper! glad you're here and enjoying war2 so far :D

it's great that new people are still managing to trickle in despite all the hurdles, i hope i can get online more soon to start mingling with you & others ! feel free to /w mousetopher me when you're online if you need a pard, if i'm at pc i can probably find time to play a few. the discord server is fun too to hang out and talk about stuff (and for voice chat in game if you're into that)
squeak!