Author Topic: Shlonglor - 20 years @ Blizzard  (Read 5895 times)

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Shlonglor - 20 years @ Blizzard
« on: November 07, 2017, 10:15:26 PM »
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:22:56 PM by XuRnT »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
Re: Shlonglor - 20 years @ Blizzard
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 06:25:57 PM »
isnt this the dude that hacked up war2dos? nevermind !!! ---->he was the interviewer<---

http://artho.com/warcraft/hack.html

Xurnt u ever try to find db cooper ? ;D
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 07:12:43 PM by easycompany »

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 09:51:10 PM »
"About Smurfing: It seems just about everyone on Kali reads these stories. I never imagined that that many people read the stories. It seems smurfing has become quite the rage on kali. I got into kchat the other day with about 10 of my friends ALL under fake names. Kinda funny. Back to smurfing, It seems no one gets the point of smurfing. We invented smurfing because we had a hard time playing new or intermediate players because our names are too well known. They would go you are too good for me to play. So the point of smurfing is a really good player goes in a game under a fake name and beats up on someone that is less skilled. But the person they beat up on are supposed to believe that that the good player under the fake name sucks. Smurfing was originally a Stormreaver clan deal, Muzzy,Cadaver,Stormshadow,Vermeer, and Warp. But now on kchat and in war2 it seems everyone is a smurf. It's really messed. There are newbies out there or players with intermediate playing abilities playing as smurfs. BUT they arn't the very best at war2 so they end up playing people that are better then them and they end getting beat up. Which makes no sense. Smurfing is Really good players beating up on crappier ones. So the point is, you better be one of the best if you go out smurfing or there really is no point. If you are going to lose, you might as well lose under your real name." - Shlonger 1996
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 07:49:04 PM by XuRnT »

Offline Nedro

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 07:03:49 AM »
man that is cool i'm really happy for him. he did a lot for early war2 specifically his fan and strategy sites. thanks xurnt.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 10:43:31 AM »
They would go you are too good for me to play. So the point of smurfing is a really good player goes in a game under a fake name and beats up on someone that is less skilled. But the person they beat up on are supposed to believe that that the good player under the fake name sucks.
Lol that's an ass reason to smurf, smurfing to newb bash??  Wtf!

The good reason to smurf is just to relax and have a good time, play some games with no pressure or expectations on you.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 10:47:19 AM »
I remember one time on Kali I played someone named like DeathGirl or something, i forget really, and it was back when people all sucked at War2 and I was better than most just by being able to grunt rush.  And this person ended up 3 halling before id ever seen a 3 hall before, and i remember killing a base and thinking i was going to win only to find they were all over the map.  And then at the end of the game they said they were tillerman and iwas like "wow, whoa."  So that was kind of cool, even though i dont think it was even really tillerman.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 01:55:28 PM »
I mostly agree though I think you're taking it a bit too far, and it is worth noting that Schlonglor wrote that like 25 years ago, a long time ago.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 07:46:49 PM »
I remember one time on Kali I played someone named like DeathGirl or something, i forget really, and it was back when people all sucked at War2 and I was better than most just by being able to grunt rush.  And this person ended up 3 halling before id ever seen a 3 hall before, and i remember killing a base and thinking i was going to win only to find they were all over the map.  And then at the end of the game they said they were tillerman and iwas like "wow, whoa."  So that was kind of cool, even though i dont think it was even really tillerman.

I have contact with Tillerman maybe I could ask him if he remembers that smurf name :d

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 07:53:00 PM »
Krib, Katan, WarAngel, MadHatter all also work for Blizzard.. wonder if there are anymore War2 Legends that work there or a list of ones that have and since moved on. We all know KHB of course.. and it seems there is another big one that I use to know but can't remember.