War2.ru Slogan
News: New responsive forum theme available! Click here to switch! More info here!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

1 second+ input delay issues 263  23

Axe Thrower Posts: 455 Karma: +30/-0 ****

Szwagier

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: 1 second+ input delay issues
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 06:56:55 AM »
my friend got the same, it cant be problem internet connection cause he is playing sc, cs, dota2 and he havent got lags there, where speed is higher than w2 needs

ping only show your current ping when u are  joining server, it should change all the time ^^
Axe Thrower Posts: 400 Karma: +32/-0 ****

Lambchops

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 07:57:06 AM »
my friend got the same, it cant be problem internet connection cause he is playing sc, cs, dota2 and he havent got lags there, where speed is higher than w2 needs

ping only show your current ping when u are  joining server, it should change all the time ^^

The whole thing is that server ping isn't relevant.

Your ping time to the server is not related to games, only your connection to other players matters... the server isn't part of the game.

If I am on Mars playing 1's with another guy on Mars we both have like 20 minute server ping times, but we could play each other with no lag. It  would take 20 minutes to /m each other though, because that goes via the server.

Moral: Server ping time != lag ...... BUT it can show up issues (like if a player is on Mars).
Axe Thrower Posts: 455 Karma: +30/-0 ****

Szwagier

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 12:26:17 PM »
I know how it works anyway he watch  my stream and in his opinion i got his lag all the time, its Just w2 multimedia lag
Ogre Mage Posts: 2442 Karma: +49/-2 retired, be in music section ********

easycompany

• Ogre Mage
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 07:37:00 PM »
how are we going to play with people on mars :( fiber isnt fast enuff..but i read(could be bullsh*t) that quantum stuf if one matter does this the other related matter will do the same with no regards of distance ....
Peon Posts: 5 Karma: +0/-0 **

willigetaname

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2017, 01:29:01 PM »
So I've thought about this a little bit. I figure the delay is the internal delay given by warcraft 2 netcode itself(low latency). I've had this delay happen on starcraft 1 on patch 1.16 and below as well.

I figure if warcraft 2 had a turnrate configuration like sc does, then I wouldn't be having delay issues.

Also, is there something similar to chaoslauncher for warcraft2? It had the option to play on LAN setting(better than low latency) for online play.
Critter Posts: 2 Karma: +0/-0 *

dJ_boSs

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2017, 11:39:51 PM »
I just registered to the forum because I just found this topic that is also my problem about.

As Szwagier mentioned, the lag Im having during games is huge and I feel like I dont have any control on my units at all. About 1 seconds delay, makes this unplayable for me at all. Setting for lan latency often doesnt change anything for better. But from time to time it's ok, units are responding to my commands very fast and game is running very smooth, I can feel it, since I got 144 hz monitor (dont know if this matters in war2 :D). Sooo, its;s not like its impossible for me to play war2 without this huge delay. But i cant find the problem what is causing it. I am from Europe, servers are in Europe (?), so everything should be ok. I have 3 Internet connections, tried all of them, and the problem is with every of them. Just pinged server.war2.ru and here are the results :

Reply from 45.33.94.234: bytes=32 time=481ms TTL=52
Reply from 45.33.94.234: bytes=32 time=309ms TTL=52
Reply from 45.33.94.234: bytes=32 time=554ms TTL=52
Reply from 45.33.94.234: bytes=32 time=175ms TTL=52

Looking forward for your help! :D
Ogre Posts: 1017 Karma: +115/-13 *******

XuRnT

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2017, 06:03:38 AM »
Try cpu savior dj? Its in the downloads section of site. My last computer I had to run it or there wpuld be random pauses in my game sounds like what you guys are describing.
Critter Posts: 2 Karma: +0/-0 *

dJ_boSs

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2017, 11:31:18 AM »
This is not CPU for sure since on single player game works great. I have just read whole thread and found Lambchops posts very interesting.

I could guess, and will do shortly, but as you sound a bit sceptical, first try this:

1) Start a server game with just you and AI players.
2) Turn off your router

Yeah I did this test, and lag was still there. I guess it's problem with my computer then. I tried this solution:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/398115-possible-fix-for-a-lot-of-users-lag-updated-tcp-affects-udp-packet-loss/

but seems it doesnt help at all :D Maybe problem is that I have about 250 active TCP connections? Lambchops do you have any ideas? :P

Also, VPN doesnt help for lag, even make it bigger, but only allows you to play without any conflicts with other players (which happens to me when I play on my mobile internet)
Ogre Mage Posts: 2442 Karma: +49/-2 retired, be in music section ********

easycompany

• Ogre Mage
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2017, 06:25:02 PM »
ok dudes ..bnet isnt like the best..fastest u will lose peon in the gold and try like hell to stop them...kali ipx in bnet pkt:4 is instant..be cool if u could get that in  bnet..i dont even play fastest much because of it.

but yeah vs cpu lag is all on the user.