Well, let's collect in one place all the issues needing attention.
I'd offer a bugtracker, but not sure we need one more service to support.
So, let's start here:
I'll post what i remember.
let's group issues:
from il: Also my comments who and how can implement that and how much it can cost.
And money is not enough: If you want to help with some task, you have to research each task yourself, find a programmer (or do that yourself), according to some conditions to make it possible to integrate into existing infrastructure.
1. Warcraft II BNE and issues related to modern computers
- improve graphics (HD Remaster)
As for me, the only way to make that: to hire a team of programmers/designers to remake textures, deep reverse-engineering the war2 binary code. $50 000-$100 000.
And you have to find that team yourself.
2. Warcraft II BNE and it's network issues
- hosting games with closed ports, Hole punching
- network conflicts
Very complicated set of questions. It's related to architecture of Blizzard War2 program and bnet-protocol so there's no way to "fix everything at once".
Something could be resolved by VPNs, $5-10 per month per 1 VPN. I can try to help with configuration.
Something by special utilities (you have to make it yourself or hire a programmer yourself). $1000-5000 to resolve some part of that network issues. And your active involvement into talk with programmers. I can just share my thoughts if required.
3. War2Combat and it's issues
- include ddraw to work right after installation
- include compatibility for win10
- include video/music/briefings
- uses 100% cpu, savior doesn't work properly (Yamon)
- multimage crash fix (Tupac)
- feedback after playing (Cel)
I'll try to make most things myself when i have time. $0.
Need your work to fix savior.
Appreciate any ideas
4. Our bnet-server (aka server.war2.ru) issues
- finish antihack and make it mandatory, Hardware ban
The way i see is to hire a programmer that will make client part, server part to keep control on clients and integrate that with the existing server. $1000-5000 and your job to find a programmer and talk to him. I can make the detailed specification for programmer.
My plan: my plan is to make antihack mandatory and after that we can enforce the ban by hardware id. $0. When i have time.
5. Sites (forum.war2.ru, en.war2.ru, ladder.war2.ru, ss.war2.ru, tv.war2.ru) issues
- get warcraft occult forum database from Axolotl.
Is here anybody who know Axolotl and can contact him? I hope he have a backup of warcraft occult database. I'd be happy to get it. Then we could start a fully-fucntional read-only mirror for war2.warcraft.org and restore tons of useful information about war2
6. War2-related utilities (viewers, editors, others, not included into combat)
- warvideo blinking with new ddraw
- 4v4s with watchers (as live stream for everybody) (OMOgremage)
Not my priority at all
7. New features required
8. Other/common/ungrouped issues