Author Topic: Grand reopening of the moderated section!  (Read 7241 times)

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Grand reopening of the moderated section!
« on: November 20, 2017, 04:55:11 PM »

After getting off to a rough start the moderated section is now undergoing a grand reopening in its new more mature & finalized state!

What's New
  • Blanket amnesty is hereby granted for all existing bans
  • BabyShark is now an official moderator for this section
  • This section will now use the new tiered banning system implemented by BabyShark the new Play Pen-itentiary subsection to quarantine rule violators from the main Moderated discussion area. Banees can use "The Pen" for the duration of their ban to reflect on their actions & request reinstatement at any time following a suitable and meaningful period of rehabilitation
  • The rules have been clarified somewhat *
  • All forum users have an equal right to use the moderated section; prohibition of vulgarity/obscenity in this section does not extend to usernames, avatars or signatures

* It's important to understand that this section is intended primarily to foster respectful discussion on any subject in an environment protected from the usual lawlessness of the other forum sections & of war2 in general. As such the primary role of our moderators is to protect users from flagrant, contentless flaming/trolling/provocations/abuse, much moreso than it is to e.g. somehow protect them from any possible manifestation of "obscene" content, and any punitive measures taken should reflect that role & be common sense extensions thereof.

That's it for now, have fun everybody! Look forward to seeing & participating in lots of great & illuminating conversations on many subjects! 

:)  :thumbsup:  :critter:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 07:06:03 PM by mousEtopher »
squeak!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Grand reopening of the moderated section!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 07:50:10 AM »
YAY! Common sense previals - I think.

TBH I wasn't paying enough attention to the details to really know, but it feels like things have been set to rights.

At any rate I'm loving the fireworks. I watched them for a while then I think had a small seizure....  but when I regained conciousness I still felt really festive... so WOOT!  :D
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 01:23:52 PM »
At any rate I'm loving the fireworks. I watched them for a while then I think had a small seizure....  but when I regained conciousness I still felt really festive... so WOOT! 
ahah that's an absolutely fantastic anecdote, thank you for sharing :D

glad to secure the approval of the most wise & eminent lamb of chops! i think this new arrangement is gonna work out great for everyone!
squeak!

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 02:47:21 PM »
Announcing the new Play Pen-itentiary section where any users banned from this section may discuss & appeal their ban! Check OP/moderation policy for more info
squeak!