Author Topic: Addressing a Recent Critic  (Read 13981 times)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Addressing a Recent Critic
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 09:20:42 PM »

I swear it's like you two play WC2 then get together to play a ball game afterwards. BS brings a tennis racket and EC brings a bastball bat then you stand there hitting balls at each other and arguing about whether or not there should be a net in the middle.

You're playing differen't games. Stick to WC2, I'm pretty sure you had fun doing that, or you wouldn't have ended up playing tennis-ball.

This is either a really bad-taste troll, or a really personal argument that doesn't belong in any public forum.

Peace and love to you both.
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2017, 10:30:47 PM »
The reason this is made public is because the person in question specifically asked for public forum posting and to bring issues to light with accusations against me. I am completely willing to discuss all claims, apologizing if I can be shown and convinced where I have erred.

Another reason this is made public is that the name of my God has been insulted and attacked, and I was given very limited opportunity to respond, being repeatedly told to "shut up".

When His name is attacked, I will stand to honor the name of the God of love who has washed me of my sin in His blood and made me His own child and given me the right to call Him Father.

If the person wishes to stand by his words and defend his words and call into question my behavior, I am here.

Also, easycompany has nothing to do with this at all. I don't quite understand most of what he is trying to say anyhow.

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2017, 12:11:42 AM »
OK.
Some follow up info:

I'm pretty sure nobody really thinks you lack the conviction to own your actions and opinions. I also think that would remain unchanged regardless of whether or not someone goaded you into posting about anything in particular.

I don't really read long arguments so I'm not up with the back story, I just woke up and found nice people sounding very unhappy, so I tried to say something that I hoped might help diffuse the situation. If I had been following it all, then based on what I know of the usual crowd, my expectation is that I would be inclined to support you.

I would never attack anyone's faith simply because it is not my own. I find it both admirable and unfathomable - even though it is something I am unlikely to ever have, I would never want to take it away from anyone else.

That being said I think the majority of people here are not religious (AFAIK) which makes 90% of the religious discussion the epitome of the phrase barking up the wrong tree. If you want to keep trying then that's your call ...but I love you for other reasons.

BTW: Usually EC makes perfect sense if you smash 15 beers first - but yeah, if you read it sober it's pretty much word soup through a straw  ;)
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!