Author Topic: Youtube Videos  (Read 7359 times)

Offline Frostbitten

• Peon
    • View Profile
    • Frostbitten's Youtube Channel
Youtube Videos
« on: February 05, 2015, 01:00:54 PM »
Most of you know that I have done some youtube commentaries in the past: youtube user frostbittenwarcraft. I was thinking of starting that up again and making it a more regular thing but wanted to see what the interest was. The general idea would be to join games as a watcher and comment on them live, review replays of games and comment on them, and also post first person videos of me playing (although I'm even more terrible than I ever was before). Another thought was to have a miniseries of videos explaining how to get warcraft 2, connect to the server, fix latency issues, color fix, view replays etc.

It was a real pain getting the screen capturing to work and getting the videos up but TK and Lance got it to work with XSplit. I haven't gone through setting up and testing the recording but making the videos was quite a bit of fun and would enjoy doing it some more.

I know some people are critical of my casting skills but practice makes perfect!

Let me know your thoughts,

-- Frostbitten

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube Videos
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 01:05:04 PM »
I like the idea of a watcher-cast.  I like the how-to idea also.  It sounds good

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 01:10:54 PM »
i personally do not enjoy watching replays from 2nd person POV.. it seems the viewfinder is never where i seem to want it.

i think 1st person POV 1v1's are the best for the viewer to follow. maybe others feel differently.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 02:15:18 PM »
Good idea, I would watch them.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 02:24:59 PM »
Sure, that would be great!

I think we should make some forum/server block or section to embed such useful videos.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 02:40:49 PM »
Cool!

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Frostbitten

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 03:00:29 PM »
i personally do not enjoy watching replays from 2nd person POV.. it seems the viewfinder is never where i seem to want it.

i think 1st person POV 1v1's are the best for the viewer to follow. maybe others feel differently.

I have a few of those on my channel. They are good viewing too but sometimes it is hard to keep track of what is happening in the game. 90% of the view is on the player's macro since that is what they are doing most of the time. Also, the only way for me to get that is to record my own games which aren't as interesting because I'm terrible :)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 03:36:45 PM »
nah you're fine.... if you look in my streaming thread you will see how me and lance got it set up. there is a teamliquid page that pretty much walks you right through it.

im using:

Xsplit broadcaster (game caster didnt work)
uscreen capture

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/265945-streaming-bw-on-justintv#fsxsplit

Offline UncleBobbo

• Peon
    • View Profile
    • Games I created with friends
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 04:39:35 PM »
Frostbitten: sounds great!  I enjoy your videos that you have made.  Might I suggest having a co-caster with whom you could have friendly banter and add to the awesomeness of the video (a la Tastosis).  I might be up for it!   8)
Wartoo

Offline Frostbitten

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 05:06:53 PM »
Frostbitten: sounds great!  I enjoy your videos that you have made.  Might I suggest having a co-caster with whom you could have friendly banter and add to the awesomeness of the video (a la Tastosis).  I might be up for it!   8)

Does insight allow for multiple replay viewers? That would be pretty awesome. We could definitely both be observers in the game live cast it. Streaming would be an option too through xsplit during tournaments.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 05:35:27 PM »
insight is basically 2nd person POV but shows everyone on map... the person watching the insight replay is like a watcher in the game that has vision of all playing, except with insight any time you click on a player you can see everything he is going .. you see his gold/wood/farm space.. you can click his altar/smith and see how far his upgrade is..

its a pretty cool tool.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 05:45:07 PM »
insight is basically 2nd person POV but shows everyone on map... the person watching the insight replay is like a watcher in the game that has vision of all playing, except with insight any time you click on a player you can see everything he is going .. you see his gold/wood/farm space.. you can click his altar/smith and see how far his upgrade is..
that's the same as it is for a watcher, if they have war2observe and it's working

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 07:52:13 PM »
Hey Frostbitten, I'd definitely be down for more of your commentary's, it was how I found RU in the first place. :P

Offline Teron-Gorefiend

• Grunt
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 11:51:31 PM »
I'd love the idea..

@TK: Insight allows for switching of POV. from one team to the other to the whole map....The hotkey is the insert key IIRC...
This is the reason I ended it all.

The newb, the mad and the retired.

Offline Frostbitten

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 01:19:48 PM »
Last night I put together a quick video on how to install and set up Warcraft 2 Combat Edition: watch?v=K7_fqN3nkTY It won't let me post an external link, however, too noob.