Author Topic: WOMEN'S RIGHTS and FEMINISM  (Read 38463 times)

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
WOMEN'S RIGHTS and FEMINISM
« on: December 03, 2017, 03:37:12 PM »
The issue of women's rights and feminism was slightly touched on, but no detail was really given as to why I said what I said regarding women's rights, which I actually can't find right now, but it was something about women in America today having too many rights.

A critical and apparently bewildered user replied with:

so babyshark is in one thread rambling on about how islam mistreats women while in another thread crying that women have too many freedoms like the freedom to choose to abort a fetus or not. you can't make this shit up  ;D ;D ;D

to which I replied

Both starvation and obesity are bad.

There is such a thing as balance.

I am going to explain what I am talking about here.

IN America, women currently have FIVE legal rights which MEN do not. They have not truly wanted EQUALITY as they claim, but DOMINION and SUPREMACY.

1. Once a man and woman have created a new human life that has started to form, the MOTHER can legally opt out of parenthood (morning after pill, abortion, dropping baby off with safe haven laws that allow baby to be abandoned to the care of the state, and adoption). The FATHER can NOT legally opt out of parenting (he cannot "financially abort" his child if he changes his mind about being a dad or did not want to become one in the first place.) A father who WANTS his baby CANNOT protect his child legally. WOMEN can choose parenthood. MEN can NOT.

2. FEMALE babies are legally in USA protected from genital mutilation (female "circumcision" commonly practised in 3rd world countries to remove possibility of sexual pleasure for women). MALE babies are not protected from circumcision (yes, ofc a less invasive and less damaging procedure, but all the same, a procedure for which the patient does not and is not able to give consent).

3. Women in USA can access federal services and vote without signing up to be drafted to military service. MEN do not have this right. A MAN has to sign up to be draft-able to be disposed of and die in a war. Women can vote for who will send these men to war, but women themselves do not need to be in the military. If women really wanted EQUAL rights, they would also be pushing that all women are able to be drafted to military service to the same extent men are with exceptions for age and health and so on.

4. When parents break up, women are always automatically favored for custody of the children. If a man wants equal custody, he needs to hire lawyers and other expensive professionals to prove that he is equally capable of parenting his children. He can win, but because of the prohibitive cost, most men can't afford to fight this.

5. Rape and sexual assault against women is DEFINED as rape and sexual assault. "Unwanted non-consensual sex that involves penetration of any orifice with any object." Women who coerce men into sex and rape men cannot be accused of rape because of the sexist definition of rape. Women cannot be rapists, apparently...just because they are female.

How many women breadwinners who make more than their ex-husband actually pay alimony?

When the Supreme Court ruled that, okay, women, you can have equality. If you were the higher earner, you are required to pay your ex-husband like husbands are required to pay for ex-wives. NO FAIR, scream the angry women.

http://time.com/money/4116161/alimony-reform-spousal-support/

Also, on TV/movies, you see women belittling, insulting, and smacking men. If the man were to do the EXACT same thing or say the exact same thing, he would be called sexist chauvinist abusive pig.

Here is a video demonstrating blatant feminist hypocrisy (ie. insulting/"body shaming" male body but judging same when done to a woman, women touching man's chest intimately/sexually without his consent, objectifying men, etc.):

How the Olympics is exposing feminist hypocrisy - YouTube

These are cases where women's rights EXCEED men's rights, and go to show that EQUALITY is not what they are after, but rather SUPREMACY.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 03:50:03 PM by BabyShark »

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
Re: WOMEN'S RIGHTS and FEMINISM
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 03:46:36 PM »
"I have the right to not be called fat if I'm a woman, even if I am!"

is VERY

VERY

VERRRRRRY

different from basic human rights that women are deprived of in Islamic nations.

Right to medical care
Right to drive a car
Right to choose who to marry
Right to show your face in public without being killed
Right to talk to male people
Right to leave your home by yourself
Right to not be raped
Right to not be stoned for adultery after being raped
Right to education
Right to not be mutilated and have sexual pleasure organ removed

Women and men should both have basic human rights and freedoms.

When women want MORE rights than men, MORE freedoms than men, LESS responsibility than men, LESS accountability than men, then I have a problem. Women in America have too many rights.

Women in Muslim countries have too few. They do not have basic human rights that men have, including education and medical care, unless they have consent from their male keepers.

This woman who was once a Muslim, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, is an educated woman who has left Islam and become an atheist, and speaks honestly and respectfully about her past religion. She has written several books including Infidel: My Life, Nomad: From Islam to America, The Caged Virgin, and Heretic: Why Islam Needs a Reformation Now.

She shares her views in the video below:

Ayaan Hirsi Ali - Islam & Women's Rights - YouTube

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 04:00:04 PM by BabyShark »

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 04:52:44 PM »
There is such a thing as balance.

yea and your idea of balance is some rights for women but not too many. your argument is essentially saying women need to be kept in line and not overstep their boundaries in a man's world.

Offline Ze_sAiNt

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 10:05:14 AM »
different from basic human rights that women are deprived of in Islamic nations.

Right to medical care
Right to drive a car
Right to not be raped
Right to education

What a load of crap.  I live in the United Arab Emirates, which is an Islamic nation, and I can tell you that whatever you wrote above is a lie.

Who is feeding you this information?  Where are your sources?  Why are you trying to deceive the readers with lies?  Is that what your religion teaches you - lying and deceiving others?

Get your facts right and stop spouting BS around on the forum just because you suffer from Islamophobia.  Be Christian enough to at least speak the truth.

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 10:58:06 AM »
She her sources are white supremacists on youtube.

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 05:35:50 PM »

Right to medical care
Right to drive a car
Right to not be raped
Right to education

What a load of crap.  I live in the United Arab Emirates, which is an Islamic nation, and I can tell you that whatever you wrote above is a lie.

Who is feeding you this information?  Where are your sources?  Why are you trying to deceive the readers with lies?  Is that what your religion teaches you - lying and deceiving others?

Get your facts right and stop spouting BS around on the forum just because you suffer from Islamophobia.  Be Christian enough to at least speak the truth.

There are MANY actual testimonies from formerly Muslim women whose testimony all line up about the oppression women experience in Muslim majority nations. Here are a handful of them, again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58w884vRrl0# Ex-Muslim Woman Warns America, THEY'RE HERE TO KILL YOU! - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yUJZ6fErmw# Woman Leaves Islam, After READING the Quran for Herself - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ojKL8A7qQ# Ex-Muslim Woman Told The Truth About Islam And What She's Telling Will Shock You - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG_N3QltrWY# Sarah Haider: Ex-Muslim - YouTube

You also completely ignored ex-Muslim woman Ayaan Hirsi Ali's testimony above. I gather you didn't even watch or listen to anything she had to say.

Eyewitness testimony from Arab ex-Muslim women is 100% valid evidence.

This is nothing to do with race, and people who keep insisting that any criticism of Islam is "racist" or "Islamophobic" are being intentionally hard-headed and irrational. Even these Arab women have been accused of being racist and Islamophobic for telling the truth about Islam. Reasonable objections to Islam include disapproval of violence toward non-Muslims or oppression toward women, as well as the less frequently mentioned violence against young boys and men who are sent to go blow themselves up for Allah so they can obtain 72 virgins in Muslim paradise (http://www.albatrus.org/english/religions/islam/72virgins_and_boys.htm).

This eradication of large numbers of males allows for the more powerful Muslims to have 4 wives each, since birth rates worldwide are generally close to 50/50.

Besides eyewitness testimony from Arab women, we also have the video taped words of Muslim men. Here Muslim men themselves share their views on a girl outside, alone and with her face and hair showing, saying things like "I'd shake her hard and hang her up there by an electric cord."

Muslim opinions on Women - YouTube

The evidence is everywhere and there is so much of it that it's impossible to post even 1% of it. It's common knowledge that Islam oppresses women and that Muslim men treat women worse than dirt.

You have accused me with the empty label "Islamophobe". Would you care to explain what this term means?

Phobias are irrational fears.

Fear of Islam is not irrational, like the fear of mice or spiders that can't actually hurt you. If there is fear of Islam, it's based on widespread evidence and fact.

And if there is fear of Islam in the fantasy event that Islam is actually a super nice and super peaceful and super tolerant religion, then do you really think the best way to counter that fear is by flinging personal attacks at the fearful misinformed? (Ie. You're worthless! You're retarded! You're sick! You're pathetic!) That actually does not help your cause, because it showcases that the aggression and hostility is coming from the 3 self-proclaimed Muslim men (Ze_Saint, lightbringer, Tora).

All I am doing is raising points for discussion, because I care about people. I care about Islamic women who suffer in many ways. I care about Islamic young boys who are brainwashed to go blow themselves up for Allah. I care about non-Muslim people who want to live in peace and freedom and who may not want to embrace the ways of Islam or have Sharia law forced on them, or be given the choice to convert to Islam, get out of town, or be killed.

I am attacking a belief system because every belief system deserves to be questioned, especially belief systems that are used to propagate hate towards Jews, Christians, women, Muslim hypocrites, and infidels, according to the teachings of the Quran.

I am treating the individuals with respect even when I disagree with their views, and even when they use personal attacks (you're retarded, you're pathetic, you're sick, you're worthless) and are unable to actually discuss issues or look at the evidence.

They completely ignore the evidence in all the numerous videos of actual Arab people telling the truth about Islam.

Here are more Muslims talking about their beliefs:

Muslim Bloopers-Telling what they really believe- Must see - YouTube

So don't say I don't "have evidence". That's nonsense.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 05:41:24 PM by BabyShark »

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 05:49:01 PM »
Article specifically about United Arab Emirates anti-woman discrimination:

https://www.hrw.org/news/2015/03/08/time-take-action-women-united-arab-emirates

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 06:14:53 PM »
She her sources are white supremacists on youtube.

@marx was right

There is a Moderation Policy in effect in this section of the forum against libel and defamation. If you are unable to substantiate this claim with evidence, it will be considered libel (a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation) and will result in a one week ban. You have one week from this time to make your case backed with evidence that I have ever in my lifetime cited a single "white supremacist" Youtube source.

You are welcome to criticize actual evidence, actual testimony, and provide your own testimony and evidence, but false wild accusations and lies will not be tolerated.

Flaming is 100% disallowed in this section of the forum. Posters are encouraged to limit their posting here to substantive, conversationally ethical posts relevant to the topic of the thread & to express any disagreement they may have with any individual or stance in a coherent & respectful way. Other things which are highly discouraged & likely to result in punitive measures (determined on a case by case basis via the application of common sense) include: content that is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, torturous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene*, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or generally unlawful.*

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 06:17:39 PM »
Lauren Southern is a white supremacist for one.

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 06:20:18 PM »
Did we ever get an explanation of why we let this racist moderate what is apparently supposed to be a serious forum?

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 07:27:48 PM »
Lauren Southern is a white supremacist for one.

white su·prem·a·cy
noun
noun: white supremacy; plural noun: white supremacies

the belief that white people are superior to those of all other races, especially the black race, and should therefore dominate society.

You need to prove that she believes this.

Your claims of racism are completely false and slanderous.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. God made all people and loves all people, and wants His people to love all people too, even enemies. "Race" is not even a scientific concept. There is only one race, the human race. All colors and sizes and varieties of human are exactly the same race, HUMAN.

https://answersingenesis.org/racism/bill-nye-agrees-theres-no-such-thing-as-race/

http://www.newsweek.com/there-no-such-thing-race-283123

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/science-says-there-no-such-thing-race/

http://newsreel.org/guides/race/pressreleasecredit.htm

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/race-is-not-biological_us_56b8db83e4b04f9b57da89ed

There are only varieties of human beings. The concept of different "races" is invented.

Racism comes from evolutionistic and nonsensical thinking, that white people are more evolved than black people. I've already shown you quotes from Darwin and Darwin's bulldog that they certainly promoted racist thinking. So did Hitler. He used Darwin's philosophy to promote an Arian race and wanted to help out evolution by eliminating less evolved "creatures" from the gene pool to purify and promote progress. His actions were obviously against God and the Bible, and Hitler also killed thousands of Christian clergy who would have protested what was happening at the time.

IF evolution is true, and that we are just random accidents and just atoms randomly bouncing around in space waiting to die, that came about without purpose and exist without purpose and will die without purpose, then you have no logical way to say that racism is bad. Or that ANYTHING is good or bad. You assume an absolute standard of good and bad (ie. murdering people is bad) and because there IS an absolute standard of good and evil, as we all as humans know from our God-given consciences, there has to be a setter of absolute standards, namely, God.

Racism does not come from God or the Bible. It comes from evolutionistic thinking, which is also illogical, unscientific baloney without evidence.

Acts 17-26-28

26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, 27 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’

If you continue to call me a racist when the evidence is clearly not supporting that statement, you will be removed from this section of the forum.

Your claims need to be backed by evidence.

Questioning Islam (beliefs, ideas) does NOT equal thinking I am better than people of other skin colors.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 07:34:19 PM by BabyShark »

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 08:59:12 PM »
she defends white supremacist richard spencer (the same man that makes hitler salutes and wrote an article questioning whether black people deserve to exist...) she uses neo-nazi group "proud boys" as her personal bodyguards when she's out trolling and pretending she's a reporter... she defends white nationalism and says it's not the same as white supremacy..

"I've said this before and I'll say it again. God made all people and loves all people, and wants His people to love all people too, even enemies. "Race" is not even a scientific concept."

because race is a social construct doesn't mean racism isn't real. so i don't know what point you think you're making.

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 10:21:03 PM »
@marx was right

Can you provide direct quotes from Lauren Southern? Articles, videos? I want to investigate your claims further.

Now that you have expanded on the labels and are starting to present something more resembling a viewpoint, even though I disagree with it, you are welcome to share it. Please in the future provide more information and evidence to support your points as that is more productive to learning and conversation.

Just throwing derogatory labels around is counterproductive and serves to separate rather than bring people into more understanding of each other's points of view.

You have averted the ban. Please do bring more information as I would like to learn more about your perspective.

I can tell you that I am not a racist and don't appreciate being labelled one, as racism actually stands against the Bible and my personal deeply held convictions about all people being equally valuable to God on account that He created them and loves them.

If you want to address specific points, specific interviews, comments, evidences that I have presented, please do so.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:23:10 PM by BabyShark »

Offline Ze_sAiNt

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 08:33:33 AM »
@BabyShark

I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my posts, some of them at least for the time being.  I reckon that my posts have been quite lengthy - just as much as yours have been at times given the new arguments that are being brought up by both of us.

That said, I cannot understand why you are getting so worked up and being overly sensitive when being called 'pathetic' or 'sick'.  Your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ uses worse adjectives in your Holy Bible when he addressed others, including his own disciples for crying out loud.  Here are a few examples:

"O you of little faith..." [Matthew 14:31]

"O ye of little faith..." [Matthew 6:30]

"O ye of little faith..." [Matthew 8:26]

"You blind fools..." [Matthew 23:17]

"You wicked and adulterous generation..." [Matthew 12:39]

"O generation of vipers..." [Matthew 12:34]

"Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers..." [Matthew 23:33]

"You hypocrite..." [Matthew 7:5]

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!..." [Matthew 23:13-15, 23]

By God, if Jesus were to speak on this forum, he will be the first one to get banned for using such offensive connotations!

Read the Bible and realize that what I said is insipid as compared to the language Jesus uses.  Jesus Christ, in addressing his own mother(Mary) at the wedding at Cana, said to her:

"WOMAN, what have I to do with thee..." [John 2:4]

He again uses the word "woman" to address his mother in John 19:26.

Now tell me, is that how you address your own mother?  How inappropriate and disrespectful!  Isn't there such a word as "mother" or "mom" in Hebrew or in English?

Jesus uses the same word "Woman" when addressing a prostitute at the Mount of Olives:

"Jesus stood up and said to her, “WOMAN, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”" [John 8:10]

There are MANY actual testimonies from formerly Muslim women whose testimony all line up about the oppression women experience in Muslim majority nations. Here are a handful of them, again:

Quote from: BabyShark on November 11, 2017, 10:08:36 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58w884vRrl0# Ex-Muslim Woman Warns America, THEY'RE HERE TO KILL YOU! - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yUJZ6fErmw# Woman Leaves Islam, After READING the Quran for Herself - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ojKL8A7qQ# Ex-Muslim Woman Told The Truth About Islam And What She's Telling Will Shock You - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG_N3QltrWY# Sarah Haider: Ex-Muslim - YouTube

You also completely ignored ex-Muslim woman Ayaan Hirsi Ali's testimony above. I gather you didn't even watch or listen to anything she had to say.

Eyewitness testimony from Arab ex-Muslim women is 100% valid evidence.

Ever since you started those threads about Islam and Christianity, you have made a conscious effort in cherry picking the YouTube videos that talk against Islam, which first of all are just a minority's opinion and secondly, are by no means a representative sample of the whole muslim community.  As I said before, I am living in the UAE and I'm sure there are many non-muslims who have also been to UAE either as expatriates or as visitors.  They will be able to testify on the following (given that you probably think my opinion is biased):

"basic human rights that women are deprived of in Islamic nations."

Right to medical care - nonsense... it is the Law in UAE that everyone, irrespective of gender, has to be provided with medical insurance
Right to drive a car - please check the statistics of women drivers in the UAE before making such a claim
Right to choose who to marry - if any guardian prevents a woman under his care to marry someone righteous, this is totally against the teachings of the Islam.  You cannot single out a few cases and believe this is the common practice
Right to show your face in public without being killed - absurd... again, another baseless claim coming from a Christian who has probably never been to the Middle East.  I welcome you to come see for yourself.
Right to talk to male people - seriously??? this is becoming ridiculous now... and I'll stop commenting from this point onwards
Right to leave your home by yourself - refer to my last comment above
Right to not be raped - refer to my last comment above
Right to not be stoned for adultery after being raped - refer to my last comment above
Right to education - refer to my last comment above
Right to not be mutilated and have sexual pleasure organ removed - refer to my last comment above

Your claims are so absurd that it borders comical.

This is nothing to do with race, and people who keep insisting that any criticism of Islam is "racist" or "Islamophobic" are being intentionally hard-headed and irrational. Even these Arab women have been accused of being racist and Islamophobic for telling the truth about Islam. Reasonable objections to Islam include disapproval of violence toward non-Muslims or oppression toward women, as well as the less frequently mentioned violence against young boys and men who are sent to go blow themselves up for Allah so they can obtain 72 virgins in Muslim paradise (http://www.albatrus.org/english/religions/islam/72virgins_and_boys.htm).

This eradication of large numbers of males allows for the more powerful Muslims to have 4 wives each, since birth rates worldwide are generally close to 50/50.

You keep on attributing women oppression and violence to Islam but have so far failed to quote a single verse IN CONTEXT from the Qur'an about Islam preaching violence.  I am emphasizing on the words "IN CONTEXT" because you have so far only quoted verses without the text that comes before and after them.  To make sure you understand the word 'context', here is the definition: "the parts of something written or spoken that immediately precede and follow a word or passage and clarify its meaning".

Don't point to bad "Muslims"... as much as there are bad Muslims, there are equally bad Christians.  Point to a Qur'anic teaching and say this is wrong and that is wrong.

But now I will quote you a verse from the Bible (which I have already quoted 3 times already which you didn't comment on) where violence is being preached.  And by who?  Jesus Christ himself:

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring them hither, and slay them before me." [Luke 19:27]

Come on now, tell everyone how Jesus is preaching you to love your enemies?  By slaying them?

I've said this before and I'll say it again. God made all people and loves all people, and wants His people to love all people too, even enemies.

Can't you see?  Jesus is actually preaching Jihad in the Bible.  Read the verse in context and you will see that Jesus tells about the parable of a King whose subjects hated him and didn't want him to be their King.  So the solution to that everyone is to kill them all.  Simple.

Little wonder George Bernard Shaw said in his writings: "The Bible is the most dangerous book on earth, keep it under lock and key. Keep the Bible out of your children's reach."

The type of things you read in the Bible can poison your children's minds.  Keep it away from them!

The evidence is everywhere and there is so much of it that it's impossible to post even 1% of it. It's common knowledge that Islam oppresses women and that Muslim men treat women worse than dirt.

As I said before, it's time for you to come out of your cocoon and see the world for yourself.  Don't just watch biased YouTube videos and form a judgment thereon.  And again, quote me Qur'anic teachings in context showing the Islam oppresses women and treat women worse than dirt.  I can in fact tell you that the Bible degrades women.  Here are some biblical verses to prove my point:

Women must learn in silence and submission. [1 TIMOTHY 2:11]
Women must veil themselves or shave their heads. [1 CORINTHIANS 11:6]
Women must be subordinate. [1 CORINTHIANS 14:34]
Women were created for men but men were not created for women. [1 CORINTHIANS 11:6]
Women may not teach or have authority over men. [1 TIMOTHY 2:12]
The head of woman is man. [1 CORINTHIANS 11:3]
Women must be silent. [1 TIMOTHY 2:12]
The husband will rule over the wife. [GENESIS 3:16]
It is shameful for a woman to talk in church. [1 CORINTHIANS 14:35]

I reckon you accept the Bible in its entirety to be the word of God, so you, as a Christian should abide by these verses.  If you don't cover your head, you should have your head shaved!  Why don't you follow the teachings in your own Bible?  Double standards?

You have accused me with the empty label "Islamophobe". Would you care to explain what this term means?

Islamophobia means "irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against Islam or people who practice Islam".  This word means exactly what it means and describes you perfectly.

I'll stop here for now... I'll post the rest of my comments afterwards.

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 12:08:32 PM »
This is useful discussion of the kind that I welcome. I have limited time atm so I'll just say a few things and more later.

I cannot understand why you are getting so worked up and being overly sensitive when being called 'pathetic' or 'sick'.  Your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ uses worse adjectives in your Holy Bible when he addressed others, including his own disciples for crying out loud.

Think about this. You are saying I'm overly sensitive for not enjoying being repeatedly insulted with things like "you're sick, you're pathetic, you're worthless, you're retarded, you'll never be beautiful and have flat boobs, you're a basement-dwelling drug-addicted loser" yet I am not the one trying to pass laws to stop anyone from SAYING anything against my religion lest my feelings become hurt. That would be the Muslims:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/canada-parliament-anti-islamophobia-motion-pass-muslim-irqa-khalid-david-anderson-racism-faith-a7647851.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/thomas-woodley/canada-anti-islamophobia-law_b_12753924.html

I believe in freedom of speech, but that does not mean I'm not human and don't have human emotions and that I enjoy being trash-talked hatefully. I can handle it though. I'm a grown-up and it has not chased me away. I'm just pointing it out because it is factual that these kinds of insults are being used against me repeatedly, and I am not returning those kinds of insults towards the Muslims, who pretend that they are the victims of "Islamophobia" and people not being compassionate towards them as human beings.

Jesus has authority to point out exactly what people are like because He is God and knows people's thoughts and hearts. You don't and I don't. So it is more productive, if we as limited human beings, instead of assuming people's intentions and motives, simply ask the person why they did or said what they did.

If insults are used because of passion for an argument and passion against injustice, the reason for the outburst or view should be given as well, as Jesus did:

Matthew 23

23 Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do. 4 For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 5 But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments. 6 They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, 7 greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, ‘Rabbi, Rabbi.’ 8 But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren. 9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10 And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. 11 But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

13 “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. 14 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.

15 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.

16 “Woe to you, blind guides, who say, ‘Whoever swears by the temple, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obliged to perform it.’ 17 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that sanctifies the gold? 18 And, ‘Whoever swears by the altar, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gift that is on it, he is obliged to perform it.’ 19 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? 20 Therefore he who swears by the altar, swears by it and by all things on it. 21 He who swears by the temple, swears by it and by Him who dwells in it. 22 And he who swears by heaven, swears by the throne of God and by Him who sits on it.

23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. 24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!

25 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also.

27 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness. 28 Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

29 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, 30 and say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.’

31 “Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers’ guilt. 33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? 34 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.
Jesus Laments over Jerusalem

37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 38 See! Your house is left to you desolate; 39 for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

Jesus tells WHY He is saying these things. The religious leaders of the day were hypocrites. They killed and scourged the prophets God sent (verse 34 Jesus says "I SENT" again showing that He is God). They were guilty of bloodshed of innocent people, but honored the tombs of the prophets they had killed.

They followed laws to a zealous extent like measuring 1/10 of spices to give to God, but did not show mercy or compassion to other people, which God much prefers.

They devoured widows' houses. Instead of taking care of the most vulnerable members of society, like they should have, they took from the poorest, leaving them destitute, homeless, and with nothing. God calls them all kinds of things for their evil deeds. But at the end you see that Jesus loves them. He loved the sinful people, though, and wept over the city of Jerusalem.

Luke 19:41

41 Now as He drew near, He saw the city and wept over it

If you want to talk evil deeds of mine that you are aware of, we can. I certainly am a sinner and have done wrong things in my life and am not innocent.

But I am quite certain that insulting my looks or breasts or making false claims about drug habits are not made to improve the world or help me.

Also, I personally do not consider "woman" an insult. I rather think that thinking "woman" is insulting is insulting.

Edit**Addition:

You keep on attributing women oppression and violence to Islam but have so far failed to quote a single verse IN CONTEXT from the Qur'an about Islam preaching violence.  I am emphasizing on the words "IN CONTEXT" because you have so far only quoted verses without the text that comes before and after them.  To make sure you understand the word 'context', here is the definition: "the parts of something written or spoken that immediately precede and follow a word or passage and clarify its meaning".

If the Quran's orders to kill and/or subjugate, drive out, or slay non-Muslims, apostates, Jews, and Christians are MISUNDERSTOOD by Muslims who are carrying out these orders, why is there not a massive movement within Islam against this "misunderstanding"?

Quran (5:33) – “The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement.”

The above verse includes me, because I am "waging war" against Allah and Muhammad since my belief is that Muhammad was a man, a regular, sinful man (who married a 6 year old girl, Aishah, and consummated the marriage when she was 9) who invented Allah, and that Allah was ultimately Muhammad's sock puppet to make the people around him do what he wanted. I do not believe that a man who marries a child is a perfect example. I believe it's wrong for an adult to have sex with a child. I believe there is evidence that points to Islamic Scriptures as being a human production rather than from some supreme divine being, including scientific inaccuracy and that Allah always gave special favoritism to Muhammad in ways that were essentially Muhammad's own personal preferences. I am not doing this to offend or hurt anyone, but rather the opposite, to help Muslims look carefully at what it is the beliefs are and consider whether the teachings are true, good, and holy, or whether they are flawed and the product of a sinful human being. I know that a lot of people would want to kill me for daring to question Islam and Muhammad. We all have to die some day. Honestly, it's the torture before death part that scares me more. I care about Muslim people. I do not think I'm better than them. I want to see Muslim people, both men and women, experience real love, the love of God, and real freedom from the burdens of Islamic teaching that lay many rules and laws, but apparently no certainty or comfort of being able to obtain heaven, especially if you are a woman (since Islamic hell is supposedly full of women because they are inferior), but even if you are a man, because you never know if you have been good enough or done enough. I feel certain that there must be Muslim men who WANT to love their daughters and protect their daughters, sisters, wives, but the culture requires them to treat them a certain way. I think it's NATURAL to love your own family, and that all humans, both men and women want to be loved for who they are and treated with kindness and gentleness.

Quran (4:95) – “Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward.”

Quran (2:191-193) – “And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief] is worse than killing…but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful.   And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone.  But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)”

Quran (2:216) – “Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.”  Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time.  From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

Quran (4:74) – “Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward.”

Quran (4:89) – “They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks.”

Quran (8:39) – “And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion should be only for Allah”

(These quotes are taken from http://taylormarshall.com/2015/01/islam-really-peaceful-religion-quotes-quran.html)

If these verses are misunderstood by the average reader, including the average Muslim, to actually mean what they say, as opposed to meaning something other than what they say, then why are the Muslims who "truly understand" the verses not crying out in masses against the Muslims who misunderstand (and actually carry out jihad against infidels) and talk about dominating the world, as seen here?:

Muslim Bloopers-Telling what they really believe- Must see - YouTube

Your verse from Jesus was actually taken completely out of context, and He was certainly not instructing His followers to kill anyone, and you do not see Christians going around en masse killing people in the name of Jesus. For someone who was criticizing taking things out of context, it's surprising that you went ahead and did just that so soon after.

Here is the framework of the verse you quoted from Luke 19. Jesus was telling a PARABLE. A story! It is part of an illustration that Jesus was using to teach the people, and not at all a command for Christians then or now to go killing people.

Luke 19:11-27

11 Now as they heard these things, He spoke another parable, because He was near Jerusalem and because they thought the kingdom of God would appear immediately. 12 Therefore He said: “A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and to return. 13 So he called ten of his servants, delivered to them ten minas, and said to them, ‘Do business till I come.’ 14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a delegation after him, saying, ‘We will not have this man to reign over us.’

15 “And so it was that when he returned, having received the kingdom, he then commanded these servants, to whom he had given the money, to be called to him, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. 16 Then came the first, saying, ‘Master, your mina has earned ten minas.’ 17 And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant; because you were faithful in a very little, have authority over ten cities.’ 18 And the second came, saying, ‘Master, your mina has earned five minas.’ 19 Likewise he said to him, ‘You also be over five cities.’

20 “Then another came, saying, ‘Master, here is your mina, which I have kept put away in a handkerchief. 21 For I feared you, because you are an austere man. You collect what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.’ 22 And he said to him, ‘Out of your own mouth I will judge you, you wicked servant. You knew that I was an austere man, collecting what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow. 23 Why then did you not put my money in the bank, that at my coming I might have collected it with interest?’

24 “And he said to those who stood by, ‘Take the mina from him, and give it to him who has ten minas.’ 25 (But they said to him, ‘Master, he has ten minas.’) 26 ‘For I say to you, that to everyone who has will be given; and from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 27 But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me.’”

Jesus actually said His people should love and pray for enemies.

Matthew 5:43-45

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

I do pray for you, and as I learn more, I am developing more of a heart for Muslims, men and women and children, who are bound in this system. My hope is for them to know the amazing love of God and the freedom of knowing their sins are forgiven in Jesus Christ!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 04:15:59 PM by BabyShark »