Author Topic: Undoing the Dis-Education of Millenials by law professor Adam J. MacLeod  (Read 34163 times)

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Undoing the Dis-Education of Millenials by law professor Adam J. MacLeod
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 11:07:52 AM »
>I don't think this speach is trying to talk anyone out of supporting the validity of any particular "ism"

that's literally what it's doing.

this author is also rapidly homophobic and thinks gay marriage with be the doom of society or some stupid ****.

http://shadowofthecross.org/blog/archives/898

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 01:21:38 PM by BabyShark »

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2017, 01:15:12 PM »
In my experience most lawyers are amoral creatures that are concerned with making money and little else. I'm sure there are exceptions, but that would seem to be the norm I have encountered.

I just think it's a pity to have someone so devoted to teaching critical thinking just to have the recipiants of this education end up as lawyers anyway.

.... what a waste

Amoral in what way? I understand you subscribe to the idea that the world came about by only natural processes and the physical world is all there is, that we are nothing more than random accidents and particles in motion following the laws of physics.

What is morality, in that context? How can one be judged for being without good morals in a world where existence is accidental and we are nothing more than chance molecular concoctions of function and order and life?

:)

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2017, 01:21:08 PM »
this author is also rapidly homophobic and thinks gay marriage with be the doom of society or some stupid ****.

So, what are his points that you disagree with, and what are your counterarguments?

You got a 1 week ban from Moderated Section of W2 Forum for breaking the rules of the Moderated Section forbidding obscene language, but you are most welcome to continue the topic in General Discussion.

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2017, 01:50:10 PM »
Quote from: marx was right on Today at 21:05:03

>I don't think this speach is trying to talk anyone out of supporting the validity of any particular "ism"

that's literally what it's doing.

Well.

For the record:

- Personally I am not at all homophobic or rasict.

- I think you mean "rabidly"

- and most importantly: I think in this instance you are being pwnd by the homophobe because you are failing with the very point that he is making. You are failing to asses this speach on its merits and are instead judging it on your opinion of the author.

If, as you say, he actually is, in fact a homophobe who is trying to excuse racism then I think he is a complete pratt, but that is not what the above speach says.

Perhaps this is a clevery constructed segue for other objectionable opinions he is planning to introduce later. If that is true then I don't like that either, but no such opinions exist in the speach..... actually he is a lawyer so this is not hard to believe, but you should say that and not ascribe things to the speach that aren't there, if you do you are just falling into his trap and being pwnt. Sorry, but you can do better.
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2017, 02:06:18 PM »

So, what are his points that you disagree with, and what are your counterarguments?

You got a 1 week ban from Moderated Section of W2 Forum for breaking the rules of the Moderated Section forbidding obscene language, but you are most welcome to continue the topic in General Discussion.

I take it the "****" has replaced another word?

I would like to note that I disagree with this ban. MWR was engaging with and trying to express a vaild opinion on the topic, he wasn't just spamming abuse etc. It may be technically against the rules but the moderator should get a little bit of leeway as far as enforcing them goes.... we don't need to be too precious. Just my opinion, however I will support the moderators final decision.

At this point is should also be noted this I myself used some colorful language in a pervious post:

we should be teaching young people to differentiate between information, advertising, campaigning and straight-out bull****. I worry that the next generation may lose the ability to tell these apart.  :(

I noticed that I had written this in the moderated section after I posted it - wasn't really paying attention at the time, I was just thinking about the point I was trying to make. So apologies if I have offended anyone and perhaps I should also face similar action. Although like I say, I support the moderator's discression over the exact wording of the rules.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2017, 02:15:16 PM »
.... and yes everywhere I put "speach" I should have written "speech".... where's that edit button gone lol

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2017, 03:20:41 PM »
You are right, Lamby! I looked and looked and looked after you mentioned it, but it took me awhile til I finally found it.

You also get the 1 week ban as per Moderated Section Rules.

And before you get all wound up, keep in mind I myself was banned from the section for making a joke about people singing like frogs. ;)

It was very noble of you to confess and I apologize for my oversight.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 04:57:40 PM by BabyShark »

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2017, 03:34:55 PM »
I'm going to comment on the rules for the Moderated Section.

First of all, I will readily admit that I have myself had explosions of profanities during moments of emotional upheaval. Absolutely.

I had one a few weeks ago that was witnessed by quite a number of people. I was in an emotional state, not a thinking state. And all kinds of things were coming out in typing. I wasn't under self-control at that time. I was reacting emotionally, without thinking it through.

That's the goal of this section, to have a place where useful discussion can take place, where views can be presented in a place where "wow you're a retard" or "that's so *****phobic!" isn't all that's required from an opposing viewholder.

The purpose isn't to nitpick, but to prevent abuse, and in the interest of fairness, intentions, thoughts, and motives can't be a factor in upholding the rules, nor can my liking or nonliking of the person in question. I've already seen at least 4 people I like undergo a ban, including myself.

I support the concept of having a place where we need to exercise self-control before expressing ourselves.

The entire rest of the forum is still open and free to all users, so you still have a place to express yourself unfettered by any boundaries other than blid's generally laid-back and chill emotions. ;)

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2017, 09:01:21 AM »
who else is disturbed at the education level in america where professors write like prepubescent fans of sam harris? of course, it's not just america, canada has that raging cultist lunatic jordan peterson.

Sam Harris is even worse than Peterson imo
Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2017, 09:02:21 AM »
who else is disturbed at the education level in america where professors write like prepubescent fans of sam harris? of course, it's not just america, canada has that raging cultist lunatic jordan peterson.

Sam Harris is even worse than Peterson imo

But this is a real "would you rather be shot in the stomach and left in the desert to slow die of sepsis" or "would you rather be flayed alive and thrown into salt pits" type dilemma

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2017, 09:05:02 AM »
I'm going to comment on the rules for the Moderated Section.

First of all, I will readily admit that I have myself had explosions of profanities during moments of emotional upheaval. Absolutely.

I had one a few weeks ago that was witnessed by quite a number of people. I was in an emotional state, not a thinking state. And all kinds of things were coming out in typing. I wasn't under self-control at that time. I was reacting emotionally, without thinking it through.

That's the goal of this section, to have a place where useful discussion can take place, where views can be presented in a place where "wow you're a retard" or "that's so *****phobic!" isn't all that's required from an opposing viewholder.

The purpose isn't to nitpick, but to prevent abuse, and in the interest of fairness, intentions, thoughts, and motives can't be a factor in upholding the rules, nor can my liking or nonliking of the person in question. I've already seen at least 4 people I like undergo a ban, including myself.

I support the concept of having a place where we need to exercise self-control before expressing ourselves.

The entire rest of the forum is still open and free to all users, so you still have a place to express yourself unfettered by any boundaries other than blid's generally laid-back and chill emotions. ;)

IMO your enforcement of rules is arbitrary and petty, and serves more to soothe your own ego than to enforce any consistent set of rules or a persistent cultural tone in this forum. The fact that these people are being banned happen to disagree with you and the fact that you are banning them for offenses that have been previously upheld as appropriate for this forum (light profanity) upholds this view. I will be addressing your behavior with the senior moderators.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2017, 09:05:55 PM »
You are right, Lamby! I looked and looked and looked after you mentioned it, but it took me awhile til I finally found it.

You also get the 1 week ban as per Moderated Section Rules.

And before you get all wound up, keep in mind I myself was banned from the section for making a joke about people singing like frogs. ;)

It was very noble of you to confess and I apologize for my oversight.

There's no such rule stipulating one week bans.

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2017, 02:18:53 PM »
Your worldview in a nutshell:

I'm an atheist and I believe in evolution (which teaches that white people are more evolved than other races and which Hitler used to promote his desire to create a superior Arian race by killing races he considered inferior). Death speeds up evolution, so death is a good thing, so killing genetically inferior, less evolved people is a good thing and will help get the human race to progress to superiority faster.

But I support Islam which teaches in a god (a god who doesn't exist, since I'm an atheist, so I support people lying to promote an imaginary god) who hates Christians and Jews and other non-muslims and instructs Muslims to murder them (so I again support and endorse murder, even of myself, since I'm a non-Muslim and I'm on the Quran's kill list), but people who question Islam (even though since I'm an atheist, I acknowledge that the religion is hokey nonsense worshipping and obeying an imaginary being) are racist bigots who like Hitler, but i think Hitler is evil, even though he follows my belief system of evolution and is helping evolution along by creating a master white race. But anyone who disagrees with me is a white supremacist bigot islamophobe, which are really, really bad, evil traits of people that should be silenced, imprisoned, or killed.

I also support homosexuality, even though it would slow down evolution because only male/female can reproduce. The world is overpopulated and we need to kill or block population growth, and even though the growth is slow and steady and living things have had millions of years to practice evolving to save themselves from various emergencies (like growing gills when you're drowning for example), I dont think humans will be able to evolve out of this problem because...well...no one has actually witnessed anything evolve new information into the gene pool when faced with a struggle to survive. I think acceptance of homosexuality should be forced on all people, but acceptance of heterosexuality should not. That one is optional.

I also approve of religions like Islam that call for the killing of homosexuals. Because it's still reducing the population.

I hate Christians because they're all bigots and irrational. We should kill them too. Or at least they shouldn't be allowed to talk. Their worldview is just too upsetting for mine and I can't handle it when I have no reasonable response to give or when they shred my worldview and make me feel not too smart. Like they are so racist because they don't approve of female genital mutilation or stoning and beating women. What disgusting racists. We need to approve of people who beat and stone and mutilate women and girls so people know we are not racist!

I don't understand why these terrible people are allowed to talk. Only I deserve to have an opinion because...because I'm not a racist Islamophobic homophobic narrow-minded bigot!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 06:02:11 PM by BabyShark »

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2017, 01:14:08 PM »
Your worldview in a nutshell:

I'm an atheist and I believe in evolution (which teaches that white people are more evolved than other races and which Hitler used to promote his desire to create a superior Arian race by killing races he considered inferior). Death speeds up evolution, so death is a good thing, so killing genetically inferior, less evolved people is a good thing and will help get the human race to progress to superiority faster.

But I support Islam which teaches in a god (a god who doesn't exist, since I'm an atheist, so I support people lying to promote an imaginary god) who hates Christians and Jews and other non-muslims and instructs Muslims to murder them (so I again support and endorse murder, even of myself, since I'm a non-Muslim and I'm on the Quran's kill list), but people who question Islam (even though since I'm an atheist, I acknowledge that the religion is hokey nonsense worshipping and obeying an imaginary being) are racist bigots who like Hitler, but i think Hitler is evil, even though he follows my belief system of evolution and is helping evolution along by creating a master white race. But anyone who disagrees with me is a white supremacist bigot islamophobe, which are really, really bad, evil traits of people that should be silenced, imprisoned, or killed.

I also support homosexuality, even though it would slow down evolution because only male/female can reproduce. The world is overpopulated and we need to kill or block population growth, and even though the growth is slow and steady and living things have had millions of years to practice evolving to save themselves from various emergencies (like growing gills when you're drowning for example), I dont think humans will be able to evolve out of this problem because...well...no one has actually witnessed anything evolve new information into the gene pool when faced with a struggle to survive. I think acceptance of homosexuality should be forced on all people, but acceptance of heterosexuality should not. That one is optional.

I also approve of religions like Islam that call for the killing of homosexuals. Because it's still reducing the population.

I hate Christians because they're all bigots and irrational. We should kill them too. Or at least they shouldn't be allowed to talk. Their worldview is just too upsetting for mine and I can't handle it when I have no reasonable response to give or when they shred my worldview and make me feel not too smart. Like they are so racist because they don't approve of female genital mutilation or stoning and beating women. What disgusting racists. We need to approve of people who beat and stone and mutilate women and girls so people know we are not racist!

I don't understand why these terrible people are allowed to talk. Only I deserve to have an opinion because...because I'm not a racist Islamophobic homophobic narrow-minded bigot!

This does not represent my views nor the views of anyone else here, you are propagating vicious lies about other's beliefs solely to attack them. This is clearly in violation of rule #1 of this forum:

General Guidelines
Flaming is 100% disallowed in this section of the forum. Posters are encouraged to limit their posting here to substantive, conversationally ethical posts relevant to the topic of the thread & to express any disagreement they may have with any individual or stance in a coherent & respectful way.

There is nothing ethical about attributing false beliefs to those who disagree with you and it is clearly not respectful. Needless to say I am reporting this post and your lack of standards as a moderator to the senior moderation team.

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2017, 07:53:21 PM »
@CumSavorer4385

You seem to have difficulty articulating your beliefs, so I decided to help you out. You claim I've misrepresented your worldview, so I thought it would be a positive thing to give you a chance to specify your actual worldview if it differs from the one presented. Here is a questionnaire to help you share your actual worldview.
If you want to show where I'm mistaken, please use the "Quote" feature, and within the quote, add a mark beside your chosen answers in this questionnaire, such as * or X or #, as you prefer, to indicate your responses.

I'll fill it out for myself, so you can just easily change the answers according to your views. To clarify, these are my answers representing my views. I invite you to change the answers to represent your own views.

I'm an atheist
True
False*
I don't know

2. I believe in evolution from single-celled bacteria to human beings
True
False*
I don't know

3. I believe Darwin's writings are scientifically accurate and true
True
False*
I don't know

4. Darwin taught that white people are more evolved than other races
True*
False
I don't know

5. Death (of all inferior genes) is essential to evolutionary progress, according to the evolutionary worldview
True*
False
I don't know

6. I'm a Muslim
True
False*
I don't know

7. Islam is a theistic religion
True*
False
I don't know

8. I believe Muhammad's version of god, Allah, is the real god who made the universe, and Muhammad is his prophet and accurately relays Allah's message to people.
True
False*
I don't know

9. Islam is a good religion, and I think the beliefs of the Quran should be protected and promoted.
True
False*
I don't know

10. Hitler believed in evolution and wanted to help evolution out by creating a more advanced race of human beings by killing the genes he considered inferior.
True*
False
I don't know

11. Evolution is helping people to become better.
True
False*
I don't know

12. I support and approve of homosexual behavior
True
False*
I don't know

13. I am a homosexual
True
False*
I don't know

14. A male and a male OR a female and a female can produce offspring in the absence of the opposite gender.
True
False*
I don't know

15. The world is overpopulated
True
False*
I don't know

16. We need to slow population growth
True
False*
I don't know

17. It is good to reduce the world population
True
False*
I don't know

18. It is good to reduce the world population by aborting unborn babies
True
False*
I don't know

19. It is good to reduce the world population by any means, including promoting war, homosexuality, abortion, promiscuous sex, breaking down natural family structure, promoting birth control, and promoting the undesirability of parenthood.
True
False*
I don't know

20. When faced with a struggle to survive, living things evolve new features, like gills or wings or lungs or legs.
True
False*
I don't know

21. Wings evolved because a wingless creature wanted to fly.
True
False*
I don't know

22. Wings evolved accidentally and randomly on an individual animal
True
False*
I don't know

23. Wings evolved accidentally and randomly suddenly into a whole population of animals all at once
True
False*
I don't know

24. Wings evolved into multiple individuals in population of animals and the wings were immediately fully functional
True
False*
I don't know

25. Wings evolved onto one individual only, but the wings were not fully functional
True
False*
I don't know

26. I think acceptance of homosexuality should be taught to all people
True
False*
I don't know

27. I think acceptance of heterosexuality should be taught to all people
True
False* (because it doesn't need to be taught, it's natural)
I don't know

28. Islamic writings call for the killing of homosexuals
True*
False
I don't know

29. I approve of Islamic writings and beliefs and values
True
False*
I don't know

30. I hate Christians
True
False*
I don't know

31. Christians are all stupid
True
False*
I don't know

32. Christians should be killed if they cannot be forced to stop being Christians
True
False*
I don't know

33. Christians should not be allowed to share their beliefs publicly
True
False*
I don't know

34. I find the Christian worldview upsetting and disturbing
True
False*
I don't know

35. All Christians that believe the Bible is the Word of God are racists
True
False*
I don't know

36. I approve of female genital mutilation forced on young girls
True
False*
I don't know

37. I approve of women and girls being beaten by their husband
True
False*
I don't know

38. I approve of women who are raped or falsely accused of adultery being stoned for adultery
True
False*
I don't know

39. Many women and girls in Islamic countries are abused and oppressed
True*
False
I don't know

40. The Quran and other Islamic texts prescribe female genital mutilation, calling it "circumcision"
True*
False
I don't know

41. Muhammad, in the Quran and other Islamic texts, prescribed wife-beating
True*
False
I don't know

42. Muhammad married a 6 year old girl named Aisha and consummated the marriage when she was 9 years old
True*
False
I don't know

43. Muhammad was a good role model and we should believe and follow what he wrote and taught
True
False*
I don't know

44. People who have wrong opinions or beliefs should be
ignored
silenced
taught*
imprisoned
killed
insulted and ridiculed* (occasionally, in a most friendly manner to help them overcome their illogical beliefs and be converted to the truth and find peace and joy and love ;))
I don't know
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:01:11 PM by BabyShark »