Author Topic: on my recent ban  (Read 71235 times)

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
on my recent ban
« on: December 15, 2017, 05:16:13 PM »
i thought the purpose of this forum was to limit actual trolling, not babying speech by removing curse words.

how can the word "shit" be a bannable offense while our own mod spams the the forums regularly with reactionary garbage? ;D

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
Re: on my recent ban
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 06:57:28 PM »
Let's think through your comment.

Currently there is the main forum, which you are still free to use, and the Moderated Section, which has standard forum rules that are used in many forums throughout the internet, especially child-friendly forums. This being a video game forum, where younger people are likely to venture, I think having a moderated section is a positive all around.

Now that you have made an infraction of the Moderated Section rules which have been posted for months, since September 20, 2017, and have received the ban prescribed by the rules, you complain that something "wrong" has happened.

Essentially, if we extrapolate, you are asserting that all people must communicate and operate according to the feelings of marx was right. No one should have the freedom to operate in a different way (ie. by having a forum with rules that regulate obscene speech).

I am not saying that all people must operate according to the feelings of BabyShark. The entire rest of the forum is almost completely without rules and you are still welcome to post there.

Therefore, I am more for freedom than you are, because you want to have people ONLY allowed to operate according to your personal feelings and opinions. I would like to see increased fairness in the rest of the forum, sure, but I'm not suggesting that the mods should or should not have certain particular rules, only that the rules should be enforced equally for all people for equal infractions.

If you found the forum rules objectionable, you should have started fighting the new forum rules the instant they appeared, and especially when others (including myself) succumbed to their authority, instead of waiting for the enforcement to be carried out toward you in particular.

You were already banned previously (under mousey's permaban system) and were granted mercy and given another chance.

At this point, the system is set so a person can regain entry after every ban until the 6th one. I think it's quite fair and not at all extreme.

Punitive Measures

1st offense: 1 week ban

2nd offense: 1 month ban

3rd offense: Permaban with exactly one chance for redemption via meaningful community service that will be approved by me

If a user is able to re-enter the Moderated Section through a community service activity that has been approved by me, they will go through the tiered ban system a second time, with no redemption possible at the 3rd stage permaban, which is essentially their 6th ban for repeated infractions.

I don't think that any wrong has occurred here, and in a week, you will be back in.

I have to enforce the rules for everyone.

And trolling (my definition of trolling would be play-lying for entertainment where no one is harmed) is actually not against the rules of this section.

I'll repost the rules here:

General Guidelines
Flaming is 100% disallowed in this section of the forum. Posters are encouraged to limit their posting here to substantive, conversationally ethical posts relevant to the topic of the thread & to express any disagreement they may have with any individual or stance in a coherent & respectful way. Other things which are highly discouraged & likely to result in punitive measures (determined on a case by case basis via the application of common sense) include: content that is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, torturous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene*, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or generally unlawful.*

*All forum users have an equal right to use the moderated section; prohibition of vulgarity/obscenity in this section does not extend to usernames, avatars or signatures.

The rest of the forum is still there, and you are able to engage in any topic in General Discussion or other section, as you prefer.

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 07:30:26 PM »
i'm not reading your trash. you're a  bad moderator and should be removed.

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 09:12:24 PM »
Every post you make drives home further the truth that you are unable to engage in a reasonable way, by presenting a point of view with logical arguments and reasons.

It is exactly people like you that Adam J. Macleod is referring to, who are enslaved to feelings and react out of feelings and simply seem to be unable to think past the immediate feeling of the moment to give a reason for anything they say.

I have just explained reasons for everything I did. You can only respond with labels and/or anger.

The forums are wide open for you to express your viewpoint with reasons and explanations and rationale and logic, but you don't seem to have much to say, other than pointing an angry finger full of hate at anyone you happen to disagree with. BAD! BAD!

Why is it bad? Can you explain what you mean?

BAD! BAD! BAD!

Do you have anything to add?

BAD! BAD BAD BADBADBAD!

Oooooh kay then!

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 09:50:59 PM »
you're denying you're a bad  moderator tho?

you spam alt-reich youtube videos.

Online ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 10:10:11 PM »
Mousey made Babyshark moderator for the sole purpose of making the forums more active.
The fact she is an idiot who doesn't fit in modern society isn't really important.
She has done what mousetopher wanted.
war2 > war3

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 10:20:59 PM »

I honestly am not familiar with the expression alt-reich and don't know what you are trying to say with it. Can you explain what it means to you? And then tell me how you think it pertains to anything I said or posted? And then can you tell me why you think there's something bad about it and what exactly those bad things are?

I don't think I am a bad moderator. I think I'm kind, and fair, and reasonable, and most people like me.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:23:14 PM by BabyShark »

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 10:26:20 PM »

I honestly am not familiar with the expression alt-reich and don't know what you are trying to say with it. Can you explain what it means to you? And then tell me how you think it pertains to anything I said or posted? And then can you tell me why you think there's something bad about it and what exactly those bad things are?

I don't think I am a bad moderator. I think I'm kind, and fair, and reasonable, and most people like me.

don't play dumb. alt-right aren't smart enough.

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 10:30:37 PM »
Can you or can you not explain it? Do you or do you not have an argument? If you do, present it. If you don't, then your superior and condescending attitude is just empty arrogance.

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 10:51:53 PM »
i don't know what to do if you're too stupid to understand anything.

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 11:25:22 PM »
I don't know either. Do you have any suggestions?

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 11:31:42 PM »
yes , your right-wing views are objectively false, so begin to rid your brain of that backwardness. 

also stop taking heroin.

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 02:27:24 AM »
Which views are false? It's not enough to blanket all of my views as "false" when you are unable to identify and engage with even one of them in a rational way (ie. without simply labelling, insulting, scoffing) and actually talking about the ideas themselves.

I asked you so far to explain how Lauren Southern is a white supremacist (she isn't) and you were unable to support your view with evidence, such as direct quotes or articles or videos showing that Lauren actually believes that white people are superior to other races and should destroy or dominate other races and rule the world.

white su·prem·a·cy
noun: white supremacy; plural noun: white supremacies
the belief that white people are superior to those of all other races, especially the black race, and should therefore dominate society.

I asked you so far to explain what alt-reich means in your usage, and you were unwilling or unable to do so. You resorted to the only thing you have in your arsenal, which is labels and insults.

Google search shows this meaning:

Altreich or Altes Reich ("Old Empire") is a German term that may refer to: A synonym for the medieval Kingdom of Germany in prior German historiography, i.e. the territory of the German stem duchies excluding the Saxon and Bavarian eastern marches.

I don't see how this meaning has anything in the slightest to do with me or anything I've said or posted.

I gather intuitively that your insinuation is that I am somehow a Nazi sympathizer or some other such complete and utter nonsense. I know you've also labelled people "racist" and I've already shown numerous times how the belief that some races are move evolved or more superior is NOT founded in Biblical teaching, but rather in evolutionistic teaching that white people are more evolved than other races. This teaching is a lie. All people are made by God of one blood. I don't even believe in different "races", which was an idea invented in recent history, propagated by Darwin and his buddy Huxley. I believe in one "race", the human race, in which a lot of variety is present.

Those who subscribe to the evolutionistic worldview are more racist (since the teaching of evolution straight from Darwin himself was that white people are more evolved than other lower/inferior/savage races) , and more in line with what Hitler was trying to accomplish by wiping out races he considered inferior by slaughtering them, along with people like Christian ministers who opposed the evil he was doing.

Your continuing to call me a racist, when I have explained multiple times that that is simply not in line with my beliefs and views, is you just being deliberately recalcitrant and wanting to wallow in misinformation, slander, and lies because you can't fathom another way of thinking other than what has been spoon fed to you all your life, particularly by mainstream media that twists and perverts everything to their own liking.

I don't have anything in particular against labels or insults that can be defended rationally. But you haven't shown any evidence that you can support any of your views with rational arguments.

The forum is still wide open for you to explain your views, share your views, because contrary to your apparent beliefs, people can't read your mind.

I'm happy to engage with you if you have anything to actually say.

But my wild guess is that your next line will be...more of the same! Oh joy!

What label or insult will he come up with next?

Also, I have never in my life taken heroin or any other kind of illicit drug.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 03:53:49 AM »
also stop taking heroin.

Also, I have never in my life taken heroin or any other kind of illicit drug.

Aww gee wiz BS, for a second then I thought you were a rock-n-roll wild child ;D

No, but seriously MWR, huge troll fail: heroin users are way too chilled, nobody would ever believe that - you should have said crack...
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2017, 08:25:53 AM »
Hmmm for some reason i thought cursing wasn't forbidden anymore. Either way though that's a very weak infraction and posters can be reinstated whenever deemed deserving. Someone kicked for using a bad word could easily be forgiven quite quickly with the right attitude imo
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 08:39:23 AM by eyyy im walkin here »