Poll

Should we stop all the hacking on this server?

Yes - we should stop all of it, my skills will come back eventually
9 (75%)
No - I never had any skills to begin with
1 (8.3%)
Just stop it for noobs, its ok for pros to hack
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Should we stop all the hacking on this server?  (Read 40231 times)

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Should we stop all the hacking on this server?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2017, 04:39:38 PM »
Hum, this feels sketchy...

So Lamb gets accused for using macro hack. And then describes the server like everyone is cheating. Mainly cheaters thinks everyone else hacks. That's how a hacker starts hacking, because he thinks most others also hacking. Also lambs defence is to accuse the guy back.

I have nothing personal against lambchops. But I have noticed his skill level gets higher after getting lust. That will say its easier to beat him before he gets lust. And yes I notice these things very well.

If there is no proofs, the only thing to continue this is by looking into the future. If Lambchops used macros, we can now hope he stopped using it in future plays. For a more fair game. Because I don't believe any of the top pro players is using macros or hacking.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2017, 07:42:22 PM »
Hum, this feels sketchy...

So Lamb gets accused for using macro hack. And then describes the server like everyone is cheating. Mainly cheaters thinks everyone else hacks. That's how a hacker starts hacking, because he thinks most others also hacking. Also lambs defence is to accuse the guy back.

I have nothing personal against lambchops. But I have noticed his skill level gets higher after getting lust. That will say its easier to beat him before he gets lust. And yes I notice these things very well.

If there is no proofs, the only thing to continue this is by looking into the future. If Lambchops used macros, we can now hope he stopped using it in future plays. For a more fair game. Because I don't believe any of the top pro players is using macros or hacking.

You are replying in the wrong thread. HERE is the thread where Swagier accuses me of unsing "doubleclick" to cast bloodlust. Go accuse me there if you want. This thread is asking if you think hacking should be stopped. What is "sketchy" is anyone trying to divert the conversation, and not just voting YES.

... and BTW (A)my skill level changes a great deal depending on how depressed I am on any given day, (B)my late game has always been better than my early game, this is not a secret, thanks for finally noticing. (c) IIRC I didn't even have lust the first time I beat you 1v1, it was straight ogres.

So that's clearly a 'no' vote from eleison.
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2017, 07:59:49 PM »
we should eliminate all macrohaxing on the server, even the doppelclicks. so, why aint u doing it
it wont happen by iL saying yes, you have to force your solution down his throat and then he will say yes eventually

The current anti-hack does not even disable the warcrap map hack. One of the first things I did when I started the anti-hack project was made a patch to stop it from working. It was never implimented. Why? IDK but TBH one of the main factors in I stopped developing the anti-hack was that as far as I could tell, nobody just wanted to stop the hacking, they wanted to let people hack but have proof. Four years later when the the anti-hack project was finally completed and it doesn't seem to do anything much. Can anyone explain to me why the EF_GAMEBOT makes games all day with a nice green [AH] next to it's name?

I am not going to devote big hours of my life to developing something without the support of the community. If people would rather hack then I'm not wasting my time. The one thing that HAS to happen if this is going to work is that it HAS to be mandatory, and that can't happen without the support of the server operator.

Any pro who is going to suggest that they don't think anybody is hacking is either talking crap or just plain STUPID. That's what this vote is about: Is this server about who can play WC2 the best or who can hack WC2 the best? It's your game people. Decide.

ok then no ban. only forgiveness for his rude accusations

You can stop trolling now Tom. I'm actually seriously interested in people's opinions. If people want to hack then OK let's do it. If not then let's not.

Anybody paying attention will notice that the great Cpt~Claw has technically stated his support for stopping his hacks, but then spent the rest of the time trying to de-rail any conversation. "sketchy" eh?

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2017, 08:03:32 PM »
I have literally no idea whats going on here.  You translated broken english into your own form of broken english and ask "what do you guys think" but even worded that confusingly.
Read the poll at the top of the page. That is the context for the posts.

Ima go ahead and count that as a 'no' from Sentinel1, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2017, 08:05:02 PM »

Noooo! Don't ban me hax plzzzz ;)

LOL had a feeling you might say that. Sorry mate, nothing personal, if the vote comes up no we can all hack it to death together.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2017, 08:11:28 PM »
Let's end all hacking! ✊️🌈😎
Yay, my first genuine, unqualified yes. Thanks Mate :)

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2017, 09:53:53 AM »

LOL had a feeling you might say that. Sorry mate, nothing personal, if the vote comes up no we can all hack it to death together.

Just make a good anti hack! I don't wanna bypass it twice in 24 hours of its release. :)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2017, 10:42:21 AM »
trading hax for penis pics

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2017, 11:45:10 AM »

Just make a good anti hack! I don't wanna bypass it twice in 24 hours of its release. :)

haha really? no security for the security?.... noob mistake ;) TBH I've never done more that glance at it for about 5 minutes.

No need to drop the price just yet, the way this vote seems to be going I think your business model is safe.

... unless theres lots of people stealth voting IDK, have to ask admins for the results next year.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2017, 02:59:31 PM »

haha really? no security for the security?.... noob mistake ;) TBH I've never done more that glance at it for about 5 minutes.

No need to drop the price just yet, the way this vote seems to be going I think your business model is safe.

... unless theres lots of people stealth voting IDK, have to ask admins for the results next year.

Here is a video of my anti hack I wrote years backs. It can detect all spells hacks and build hacks even if it's an unknown memory address.

Here is a sample of all this code at work. I didn't give you this version though with server console, and client side anti cheat system.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQaSAxCjpnU

It can detect all spell, build hacks before the hacker uses them! It only has a white list black list for map hacks being detected and other hacks but the lists is such a lame way to prevent cheating.

I even had an array written to detect units levels and compare possible spells trained. Same with buildings and units. I feel it would defiantly patch spell hacks, build hacks, etc. This would cause false positives in custom maps...  >:D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 03:03:10 PM by tupac »

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2017, 03:54:52 PM »
Letz prevent all hax! dont listen to all those tarded noggers that want to stroke their egos with "i knew he's hacked all along!". fuck blid and stop the hax, i am your man, lambchops

anyway my cherry tomato bushes are almost dead because i was absent in my flat during christmas, how to revive them

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2017, 06:58:32 PM »
Yes.  Lol at the voting options :).  And yes, post the analysis to expose all the hacking hackers using hacks to hack!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2017, 10:37:42 PM »
Yes.  Lol at the voting options :).  And yes, post the analysis to expose all the hacking hackers using hacks to hack!

Hehe yeah I think I'm funny too ;D

Expose all the hackers? OMG At this stage you can barely even call them "hackers".... these days they're just "Players" (see I'm freakin hillarious). I don't have a suspicious mind, I have an analytical mind.

Perhaps this is a good moment to point out.... I have made a build macro. For one map only. I made my mad bot. It plays chop mad. Then I made a name "BotTest" and asked people to challenge it. I left and let people have wins when they didn't just suddenly quit.

I got it to have every peon standing exactly where it has to be before its needed and do everything perfectly. I mean it didn't "hack" the rules - just played perfectly to build. It could build 9 roosters simultaneously then make 1 peon repair each roost before you could blink. It could automatically rack drags the instant the last drag was built. So what happened??

The 'good' players still beat it ;D Man some people are so 'good' lol. So I made my V1.01 bot. Actually there was this one Player who was really helpful with that, can't remember his name, think it started with a 'K' or something... that guy was really 'good' at chop mad. My bot could out-rush him by IDK maybe 7 or 8 seconds but with travel time it wasn't enough and he would have more gold and win with more drags.

So the next bot 2-halled and created peons (at mad speed) and sent them mining from game start while orchestrating another 20 or so to chop/build/repair/upgrade/destroy at the same time. It slowed the rush by about 7 seconds but meant that it had the extra gold and suddenly the bot had reached 'good' level.... and by that I mean inhuman, impossible, absolutely no freakin way and then some 'good' level.

This is all just sublime, and after the fact, because that was about 5 or 6 years after I first proved to myself that all the top players were using build macros... at least on customs like bgh etc. and things are much more sophistocated these days. Need I go on? I have SSs and even warvid of some pretty advanced hacks, everybody knows, so what? I pretend I don't notice that some things build faster than others (and by notice I mean KNOW). I still go ahead playing chop and building/chopping 100% by hand because its how I like to relax.

>> That's until Grand Master Micropenis Script-Kiddie decides to be an arrogant douche and suggest I would use something as downright NOOBISH as a "double-click". That's just fucking insulting, and he knows it. For the record: never used it - never even downloaded it. So OK ass-face, you want to hack accuse? Let's get real about this:

I can totally dissect every single stat of every building from the moment it's placed, and every unit from the moment it is created. I can watch the internal state of every peon as it leaves a mine, returns to a hall, transitions to inside the hall and drops its gold then leaves the hall and heads back to the mine. I can watch the targets of every grunt change from one unit to the next. I can see the planned pathing of every unit 20 steps ahead of where It decides what to do (yes it is 20 steps). I can track the training progress of every unit in real time as it is being trained ...... and I can dump all of this to a file 10 times a second .... IDK probably 50 times a second, but what's the point?

Why? So that big mouth Grand Master Hakkity Haxzor can double talk and change the subject? Who is really going to analyze all those stats? Who actually can? Probably the only person who would pay attention to this kind of information is Grand Master Scrotum-Hack himself who would use the info to improve his lame-ass little hacks. Most people will just see pages of shit talk on a forum and shrug their shoulders (oh and ofc tupac would read every nerdy number too ;) ). Should I spend hours analyzing and detecting one type of hack? Why? So some people make up new smurf names for a while and develop other hacks? So I can waste my life writing another program so the non-nerds can see the next hack? What if people are actually embarassed enough to quit? Then what?

I don't want to expose anyone. The game is nearly dead as it is. If it wasn't for this bunch of hacking assholes there wouldn't be anyone left to play with. Half of you are my friends, the other half are complete tossers but at least you play WC2. If I don't know all your AKAs it's because you mean that little to me that I've never bothered looking them up.

This thread is not about accusing or exposing anyone. OMG szwag hacks! pfff anybody who doesn't already know that hasn't bothered reading this far. Yes he pissed me off. As "Grand Master" hacker he should have better manners and not act like trailer-trash, but the thing that really started this thread happened about a week earlier. It was this:

There was a new player playing gow. Not a total noob, he understood the game. I think he was an old player who had come back to check out the server. He starts complaining that the guy rushing him is hacking. I tell him to STFU because he's just a noob and doesn't understand how good players build... the usual.... but his reply surprised me. It wasn't just crying he simply said that it was impossible to have that many grunts (think it was 8?) that early in the game. I still told him to shut up... but actually I noticed it did seem strange, so I checked it out and sure enough, his opponent was just flooding him with impossible grunts. Why? Because the guy was a nobody so his opponent thought it was ok to not "click twice like a gentleman".

The point is the new guy played another couple of games and I never saw him again. Could have been another player who came back to the fold, but instead he was just yet another person who checked it out then said, "what a bunch of hackers" and went and played something else. He won't be back, and so our game dies. We are killing it.

Actually in off-the-record candid conversations with people, there seems to be a bit of support for the notion that hacking shouldn't be allowed in tournaments. I think the opposite: all you 'good' people go hack the crap out of each other in the tourneys. LEAVE THE NOOBS ALONE. Have some common sense and work it out you bunch of dopamine junkies. You are killing your own supply.

But it seems like most people just want to keep using the hacks. Actually I'm kind of relieved. I don't really need a heap of extra work to do, but if this community could actually come together and decide they wanted to fix the game I would fix the security.
                                                                                                                           :critter:

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2017, 11:53:09 PM »
Interesting.  I've played a few games of Warcraft 2 over the years and have never experienced the feeling that someone was using a bot to build/make units at an impossible rate in normal games (classic maps and chop).  It could be that I'm just so good I don't notice that kind of cheating though. 

I will say I've notived the double click bs where people lust incredibly fast, but that's not as extreme as you describe.  I've also been in some BGH free games where I'm pounding the keyboard and mouse at an incredible rate (at least 15,000 APM) and my opponent is cranking out 46 times my units from the same amount of barracks which has to be a macro.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2017, 12:28:42 AM »
...where I'm pounding the keyboard and mouse at an incredible rate (at least 15,000 APM) and my opponent is cranking out 46 times my units from the same amount of barracks which has to be a macro.

HAHAHA you're funny too ;D Nice

BTW: not sure how current you are.... it is quite possible to glitch the build/train initiation times so your units finish much faster. Even if it's dialed down to a modest amount so it's not too obvious, the exponential growth nature of the game means it adds up to a huge advantage.... its not so much the 46x as many ogres(macros ofc)... its the effect 5 or 10% faster peon production has on the growth j-curve.