War2.ru Slogan
News: All hail our wise & benevolent admins!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

My Bitcoin Friends 2018  70

Sappers Posts: 978 Karma: +62/-0 ******

Lambchops

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: My Bitcoin Friends
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 09:23:53 PM »

but if u cant spend it why would you want it :/
Hackernoon-Amazon-Bitcoin

read teh comments they seem to know more.

Interesting stuff there. The transaction speed thing is a real issue I wasn't aware of. I assume the speed bottleneck is correlated to the actual encryption methods. Is a 'faster' CC a less secure CC? Does CC verification slow down the as a function of the amount of a given CC that has been mined?

It can be useful to think of cryptogrophy like calculating prime numbers. The first few you can do in your head ... 2,3,5,7,11,13... the first 1000 can be calculated in seconds by brute force, but once you have found the first 19K the 20th 1000 primes take a LOT longer to find: The time required plots a J-curve.

I don't really know anything about CC algorythms, I'm just making assumptions based on general math/computing knowledge, but I would assume that as bitcoin has been around the longest there would be more of it in existance than any other CC. How much of a factor this is in transaction times and how much is intrinsic to the algorythms IDK either. A certian amount of it will be related to existing infastructure, but that can always be upgraded.

Hmm... interesting brain food for for nerds :) But the real thing here they saved until last --> Amazon creating it's own currency. This is a HUGE concept.

past that point anything that can't actually be exchanged for something real (not just other cryptocurrancy) will become instantly worthless.

Were Amazon to do this they would own the bat AND the ball, so therefore the game. This would certianly raise a few eyebrows amoungst the powers-that-be. I doubt they would be game to be so bold just yet, first they would want to further solidify their central place as a purveyor of the tangible, and allow other CC's to stablize as genuine forms of currency, before draining their value into 'ZonCoin'.

Another thought is that as the owners of the actual value of their own currency (the equivalent of the gold in the vault) it would not necessarily have to be self-supporting, i.e. it needn't necessarily be a true cryptocurrency at all, just a ledger. This would have been unthinkable 20 years ago, but now that the collective consiousness has been acclimatized to the notion of 'coins' they play with on their phones, the fact that it isn't a real CC would probably be lost as so much more nerd-babble.

but ya aint gotta be rich to be rich u know...we can all have our own limo easy.

HAHA -  ;D  - my limo is a Toyota
Sappers Posts: 978 Karma: +62/-0 ******

Lambchops

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 09:34:15 PM »
speaking of that lamb...my little bitcoin i got from ads is gone from my e-wallet i made for it...

.... and what was the source of this magic coin-eating wallet? ;)
Death Knight Posts: 2976 Karma: +69/-2 retired, be in music section *********

easycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 09:40:37 PM »
ive more than likely lost it myself..cause im pretty sure i didnt put it on my main account just being safe using an ad place. it wasnt worth it anyhow clicked like for a hour.
Ogre Mage Posts: 2345 Karma: +123/-179 ********

I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 02:08:55 PM »
youre a tard, im sure its not technology that's at fault
Grunt Posts: 102 Karma: +3/-0 ***

Sepi

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2018, 03:55:33 PM »
facebook is looking into it also....its cool claw, i like paper money that is accepted anywhere.
or just go outside and dig for rocks but that takes labor.

and they prob aint going bitcoin.

bitcoin isn't supposed to be a speculation (although people who are speclating in bitcoin want you to think otherwise). it is supposed to have a function. if you don't have a function for bitcoin, there is no reason for you to own bitcoin. buying bitcoin is easy, when the need for it arises, just purchase bitcoins then and purchase whatever you happen to need at the moment for market price. you do not lose anything by not owning bitcoin.
Axe Thrower Posts: 271 Karma: +27/-3 ****

Shotgun

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2018, 02:04:41 AM »
I can't believe people are still buying XRP. However it is one of the reasons I love Crypto, 98% of the people buying are dumb as fuck and make it so easy to make money.

Whoever replied First, I agree, Caradano is my top hold along with Dragon Chain. Next is Funfair and am now looking into as much chinese stuff as I possibly can. Going to be hitting up raiblocks some time over the weekend.

BTC just took an unexpected run and fucked everything for the time being.

I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2018, 07:23:05 AM »
its your buddy claw!!!1 how much u invested?
never heard of dragon chain, but cardano might be a boom compared to that of siacoin (i hate myself for not getting any siacoin last august)
Death Knight Posts: 2678 Karma: +52/-7 *********

tk[as]

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2018, 01:43:29 PM »
when this is all said and done.. there are only going to be 2-3 crypto's that make it out alive. better have your money invested in the crypto's that the rest of the world seems to want.

Shotgun

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2018, 11:21:21 PM »
TK is retarded as fuck.

Dragon Chain was made / founded by people from Disney. The team is amazing, smallish supply. I think it's got like 1 Billion market cap ATM and it's already $5.5. It's a real chance of being a top 10 coin IMO. IF that happens and it gets 10 Billion Market Cap hello $55. (I can see it being even bigger than that but I am trying not to get my hopes up.

I also love VEN and am looking for a reasonable entry as I don't own any yet.

Only thing about ADA is the supply is fucking huge. Will have to see 100billion cap to get to $4. Kind of similar to XRP, the difference is ADA is actually a useful coin, unlike XRP.

tk[as]

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2018, 11:42:24 PM »
stick to delivering pizzas. you don't understand basic economics

tk[as]

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2018, 11:43:59 PM »
"hey im betting on this no-name CC worth $5 a coin!" 

pizzas man.. it's your forte. not crypto's

Shotgun

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2018, 07:23:45 AM »
Yeah, no one's ever heard of Walt Disney before  :-\ :-\ :-\

I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2018, 07:45:44 AM »
shit i want to go balls deep into cardano but they wont let me register on binance. bastards

Shotgun

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2018, 07:53:29 AM »
I'm hovering around Cardano ATM. It's #5 coin, and it's only worth $1, for trading purposes I am not sure it's great. I will hold 10k coins though.
Berserker Posts: 591 Karma: +23/-3 *****

{Lance}

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2018, 04:14:25 AM »
I have been running a live trading youtube channel for a couple months now :D  You can scope it out here:  http://www.youtube.com/user/lowlight1974/live

I have been killing it in crypto.  I started with $1500 and bought in when BTC was at 3K.  I now have a wallet that values at 21K and I've not put a single penny into it since my initial investment.  I've just been rolling dice at a BTC faucet called freebitco and trading.  I coded a bot that does the rolling for me on freebitco now and I also coded a bot that does micro trading on GDAX.

As for coins that will be hot in 2018,  Vertcoin is the next Litecoin.  EOS is the next Ethereum.  And Bitcoin is the next Bitcoin :)

My own holdings are ETH, LTC, BTC, VTC, DASH, and soon to be EOS.