Author Topic: My Bitcoin Friends  (Read 22145 times)

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: My Bitcoin Friends
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2018, 07:51:12 AM »
A $700 billion dollar bubble. I don't think so.

Online ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2018, 09:26:47 AM »

Crypto is a bubble. That is near certainty.
war2 > war3

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2018, 10:12:12 AM »
bitcoin can do something in that it can be used as a currency (with some difficulty).  but the value of it and other coins seems way more speculative, i think probably .1% of interest in coins is interest in performing with them any kind of economic transactions.  i made up the .1% obviously but is anyone in this thread interested in them because they want to use bitcoin for purchases instead of traditional currencies, or are people interested in coins solely as invwestment vehicles?  because if it's the latter, from where does its value stem and for how long can it sustain itself?

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2018, 10:15:06 AM »

..... it's predominantly people investing in something that they don't understand .... there will at some point be a "the emperor has no clothes" moment....

It's free money that comes out of the internet! People just 'mine' it from computers, it comes from nowhere - now everyone can be rich!

It's not a bubble! OMG don't say that you're just going to drive down the imaginary value we have all just ascribed to these numbers we don't understand by telling each other they they're worth something.

Of course you can invent money out of nowhere! Look we just invented SEVEN HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS worth of value for something that doesn't actually do anything at all ..... but nobody is going to lose their house, trust me it'll all work out fine.

Are you guys actually listening to yourselves? Is there any independant brain function going on or are you just watching the pretty pictures on the television again? 

Like any bubble (or poker game)  there's money to be made by gambling in the short term, but get real: where is all this money coming from?

Know when to hold 'em.
    Know when to fold 'em.
    Know when to walk away and
    know when to run.

..... Dress it up any way you like, that's what's happening here. GL to you all, I genuinely hope you do well out of it. When the dust settles go back and read my first post  ;) Just remember: There's people much smarter and more experienced that you that are playing the same game and planning for the moment when this happens. Who's money are those people planning to end up with? YOURS ... the small investors'.

:critter:
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Online ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2018, 10:32:29 AM »

Bitcoin became popular due to its anonymity. At one point you could buy bitcoin and it was basically untraceable. Unless someone came under heavy scrutiny it wasn't possible for bitcoin transactions to me monitored.
Many marketplaces on the darknet don't even allow bitcoin anymore because it isn't secure. If there very people who made bitcoin popular stop using it I don't see how anyone can expect it to continue to thrive.

There are lots of other crypto currencies much more secure than bitcoin but in the end none of them are investable. Buying any cryto currency for the purposes of investment is akin to gambling. Could you make money doing it? Sure. Is it a smart thing to do with hard earned money? All successful investors agree unison thats its not a smart thing to do.

war2 > war3

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2018, 11:06:22 AM »

Bitcoin became popular due to its anonymity. At one point you could buy bitcoin and it was basically untraceable. Unless someone came under heavy scrutiny it wasn't possible for bitcoin transactions to me monitored.
Many marketplaces on the darknet don't even allow bitcoin anymore because it isn't secure. If there very people who made bitcoin popular stop using it I don't see how anyone can expect it to continue to thrive.

There are lots of other crypto currencies much more secure than bitcoin but in the end none of them are investable. Buying any cryto currency for the purposes of investment is akin to gambling. Could you make money doing it? Sure. Is it a smart thing to do with hard earned money? All successful investors agree unison thats its not a smart thing to do.

Exactly. It was a useful way to buy drugs and hire hitmen on the darkweb. That's why people started using it. But really CC's have no reason to increase in value at a greater rate than any other form of money... and what currancy increases in value? None of them. They all lose value all the time. It's called inflation. Duh.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2018, 12:01:18 PM »

..... it's predominantly people investing in something that they don't understand .... there will at some point be a "the emperor has no clothes" moment....

It's free money that comes out of the internet! People just 'mine' it from computers, it comes from nowhere - now everyone can be rich!

It's not a bubble! OMG don't say that you're just going to drive down the imaginary value we have all just ascribed to these numbers we don't understand by telling each other they they're worth something.

Of course you can invent money out of nowhere! Look we just invented SEVEN HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS worth of value for something that doesn't actually do anything at all ..... but nobody is going to lose their house, trust me it'll all work out fine.

Are you guys actually listening to yourselves? Is there any independant brain function going on or are you just watching the pretty pictures on the television again? 

Like any bubble (or poker game)  there's money to be made by gambling in the short term, but get real: where is all this money coming from?

Know when to hold 'em.
    Know when to fold 'em.
    Know when to walk away and
    know when to run.

..... Dress it up any way you like, that's what's happening here. GL to you all, I genuinely hope you do well out of it. When the dust settles go back and read my first post  ;) Just remember: There's people much smarter and more experienced that you that are playing the same game and planning for the moment when this happens. Who's money are those people planning to end up with? YOURS ... the small investors'.

:critter:
lots of people like to collect useless action figures and keep them in the boxes and they can be expensive.  or old baseball cards.  so i guess bitcoin can have value sort of like that, although at least those things are tangible physical objects... but anyway idk if that's reason enough for it to go up 1000% and for 1000 other cryptocoins to be pushed out and also valuable and kodak to roll out a whole warehouse of mining rigs churning up energy to dig up these make believe coins

Offline aLfReD

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2018, 12:32:52 PM »
I've been thinking of investing heavily into 'Poet Technology'. I've heard its technology is about to have a major breakthrough and once that happen I don't even think the sky is the limit.

Thoughts?

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2018, 12:53:52 PM »
hmm 21 cents canadian now, i think kith bought in at 30 cents.  guess he shouldve just gone for the fake internet dollars instead of betting on a company

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2018, 06:32:28 PM »

lolololol
Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2018, 06:34:03 PM »
Can you believe these morons trying to tell me my home won't increase in value forever?

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2018, 06:35:25 PM »
hmm 21 cents canadian now, i think kith bought in at 30 cents.  guess he shouldve just gone for the fake internet dollars instead of betting on a company

hahahahah i completely forgot about that

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2018, 03:43:32 AM »
lots of people like to collect useless action figures and keep them in the boxes and they can be expensive.  or old baseball cards.  so i guess bitcoin can have value sort of like that....

"For Sale: Original mint condition first release bitcoin. As new. Still in wallet. Will sell for 2 bitcoins or trade for galvanized box-trailer. Please forward photo of box trailer."

;D ROTF In hysterics ;D

I've been thinking of investing heavily into 'Poet Technology'. I've heard its technology is about to have a major breakthrough and once that happen I don't even think the sky is the limit.

hehe :thumbsup: nice one alf
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 03:46:27 AM by Lambchops »

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2018, 02:22:32 PM »

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2018, 06:45:57 AM »
Damn that WTC run just sucked so much money out of VEN :O Strange market atm.