War2.ru Slogan
News: There's a new version of War2Observe that fixes the crash issue,
download from the downloads page today!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

Warcraft 2: BNE Cinematics not working 256  1

Critter Posts: 1 Karma: +0/-0 *

Sfinna

• Critter
    • View Profile
Warcraft 2: BNE Cinematics not working
« on: January 06, 2018, 03:51:13 PM »
Hello, first post here. I figured this would be the best place to post this since the edition I downloaded isn't officially supported.

I downloaded the nostalgic Battle.net edition from the downloads section. I'd play the normal War2Combat, but no music and cinematics sorta killed my want for it, so I went to the standard download.

It works absolutely fine, minus the fact that cinematics don't work. I can launch a custom game, but if I start any campaign, be it ToD or BtDP the game locks, staying on a black screen. I have to use task manager to end it.

Anyone know what's wrong? I've tried compatibility mode and everything... as if that helps, hah.
Ogre Posts: 1004 Karma: +62/-0 *******

Lambchops

• Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: Warcraft 2: BNE Cinematics not working
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 07:17:21 PM »
HI .... WELCOME  :)

I believe the cinematics have been removed to reduce the size of the download, you can probably find it on YouTube, there is also a torrent of the original wc2 bne CD floating around that has them.

For your black screen problems the first thing I would try is the ddraw fix SEE HERE