Author Topic: serious question  (Read 15934 times)

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
Re: serious question
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2018, 08:21:24 PM »
This is a good question, a fair question. If most religions are false, and there sure are a lot of them, how do you know yours is true?

There are 8747 false gods mentioned in the Bible. The number of false gods throughout history is most likely uncountable.

There certainly is a designer of the universe. Even Richard Dawkins sees this, yet claims that the fact that everything appears to be designed is an "illusion" and that perhaps aliens started life on earth (since science cannot answer how life originated). The origin of the universe and the origin of life are outside of science. We can look at what we can learn from science, things we can observe, study, test, demonstrate, repeat to come to logical conclusions. It is a logical conclusion when presented with ordered information such as DNA, the blueprint for life, that is too complex for the human mind to understand, since intelligent information has never been observed to form itself, that an intelligent mind produced it. It is logical to conclude that a very intelligent mind designed this universe.

So whose mind was it? Was it an alien, as Dawkins suggests? I don't think so. Dawkins is fine with the idea of intelligent design (if it's an alien that doesn't have rules for our lives) but the idea of the true God from the Bible is abhorrent to him, not because of science, but because of our evil sinful nature that rebels against God and wants to be our own god.

How do we know the maker of the universe? How do we learn what this entity is and wants?

The vast majority of humans have been theists, because it is the inescapable reality that this world was created by someone superior to humans.

God has given us the Bible so that we can learn about Him, and most importantly, learn about Jesus, the ONLY answer to the problem we all have. We are sinners. We've broken God's rules, we've used God's name in vain, we've despised God and His Word, we've dishonored our parents, we've refused God's gifts, we've have murderous thoughts and hurtful actions towards other people, we've had lustful, adulterous thoughts and actions, we've coveted what isn't ours to have, we've stolen and we've lied. We haven't loved other people as we should. We've been greedy, gluttonous, self-absorbed, proud, conceited, boastful, hateful, and all around disgusting. Offensive in the sight of a holy God.

God's love for us was so vast that He became a human, kept the law perfectly in our place, so that He could be the substitute for us and take God's wrath on Himself. Jesus was crucified and died and was buried. He then rose from the dead, appeared to many disciples, and eventually ascended to heaven, and will return in might and power as King to judge the world.

I can't wait to see Him. Everyone who has rejected Him will shake in terror when that day comes, since they will be standing on their own account of actions, thoughts, and words before a holy and just God who judges evil.

I won't be standing on my own account of actions. I will be standing on the holy, perfect account of Jesus Christ, which He has given to me as a free gift through faith, and offers to you as well.

This is what the Bible teaches.

So why am I convinced? How do I know it's true? Am I just brainwashed and accept whatever I was taught?

Let's investigate.

The historicity of Jesus is undeniable. Jesus existed in history, and even Christianity's historical haters and opponents didn't bother trying to deny the existence of Jesus. So who was this Jesus? Was he just a man who managed to deceive a lot of people into thinking He was God? Or was His claim that He is God true?

There is a very low resurrection rate among dead people. Most of the people who die stay dead.

Jesus didn't stay dead. He appeared to many disciples, many of whom were killed for defending their faith. They were eyewitnesses, they were there. If they HADN'T seen a resurrected Jesus, they would certainly not be willing to die to defend the truth that they had.

The Bible is historically and scientifically accurate. The Bible is beyond any book that has ever been written by people. It is filled with goodness, righteousness, truth, wisdom, fulfilled prophecies from hundreds or thousands of years earlier. Look into the historical veracity of the Bible.

The teachings found in it are not of human origin. The teaching of Jesus Christ is counter to sinful man's mind. ALL false religions are based on works-righteousness, that we have to earn our way into god's favor by following rules. The teaching that we are saved by grace through faith is contrary to the human mind that wants, in pride and rebellion, to be good enough without God.

We need saving. Look at the world around you. It's falling apart.

Bombings, suicides, murders, rapes, hatred, wars, child abuse, divorce, poverty, and the grave where we are all destined to decay are a snapshot of the evil inside of every human being.

I believe the truth of the Bible because all the evidence points there. The Bible has been right about everything, from the sinfulness of man, to the fact that the earth hangs upon nothing (which was in the Bible in Job 26:7 something like 3500 years ago, which was discovered much later by people to be true, as impossible as it seemed to ancient people that something could hang on nothing). There are many examples in the Bible where God revealed in Scripture what scientists discovered much later.

The Bible is the truth, it's trustworthy, it's the Word of God, and it's given to us because God loves us and wants us to know Him and know the truth.

Nothing is more important than knowing Him, Jordan.

Don't wait. Don't ignore it. God's calling you now.

We never know when our time of grace will be up, whether we will first die or whether Jesus will return to judge the world first. It could be tonight.

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 03:44:08 AM »
how can you be aware of richard dawkins and still spread the bullshit about alien intelligent design, you fucking moron. literally the first thing he would ask about this theory is "how alien life was originated" and we answered literally nothing. youre a tard h0m0 single mom

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2018, 03:52:50 AM »
... so how are we on the whole IP scanner issue? Does GOD approve or is it a false IP scanner?
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2018, 04:11:39 AM »
well for starters you just called Lambchops a newb faggot whom I've never seen being mean to anyone.

Aww thanks @BabyShark :D I missed that one.

So for the record @jordan4385, I'm actually a non-homophobic newb hetro, so I don't actually take that as an insult. On the other hand if I was a gay newb I would probably take offence at the term 'faggot' and call you a cock-juggling lamer with the IQ of an average 4-slice toaster, but hey, I really don't care that much  ;)

-- edit --

Oh yeah on further investigation I think you meant to call Sentinal1 a newb faggot, not me. np stuff happens... and BTW I really don't give a toss who sucks who's weiner around here.

how can you be aware of richard dawkins..... almost made a point then totally blew it by spraying a bunch of inaccurate and irrellivant hate-fuelled abuse

Do you realise how utterly retarded you have to be to make me stick up for the fundementalist christian in a discussion like this? OMG how do you fail that hard? Ima call your mom right now and tell her to slap some decency into you.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:32:30 AM by Lambchops »

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2018, 05:19:25 AM »
why do you think your opinion matters? youre juts frustrated because out of your home and at difficult time of life, is ok, but its stupid of you to think that i care about literally anything you idiots post about richard dawkins.
a wanna-be non-hacker and someone denying evolution

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2018, 06:24:36 AM »
why do you think your opinion matters? youre juts frustrated because out of your home and at difficult time of life, is ok, but its stupid of you to think that i care about literally anything you idiots post about richard dawkins.
a wanna-be non-hacker and someone denying evolution

Ok, that was much better. Well done :)

.... and for the record I havn't posted anything about richard dawkins, whoever that is.

Offline Ze_sAiNt

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2018, 06:33:47 AM »
This is a good question, a fair question. If most religions are false, and there sure are a lot of them, how do you know yours is true?

There are 8747 false gods mentioned in the Bible. The number of false gods throughout history is most likely uncountable.

There certainly is a designer of the universe. Even Richard Dawkins sees this, yet claims that the fact that everything appears to be designed is an "illusion" and that perhaps aliens started life on earth (since science cannot answer how life originated). The origin of the universe and the origin of life are outside of science. We can look at what we can learn from science, things we can observe, study, test, demonstrate, repeat to come to logical conclusions. It is a logical conclusion when presented with ordered information such as DNA, the blueprint for life, that is too complex for the human mind to understand, since intelligent information has never been observed to form itself, that an intelligent mind produced it. It is logical to conclude that a very intelligent mind designed this universe.

So whose mind was it? Was it an alien, as Dawkins suggests? I don't think so. Dawkins is fine with the idea of intelligent design (if it's an alien that doesn't have rules for our lives) but the idea of the true God from the Bible is abhorrent to him, not because of science, but because of our evil sinful nature that rebels against God and wants to be our own god.

How do we know the maker of the universe? How do we learn what this entity is and wants?

The vast majority of humans have been theists, because it is the inescapable reality that this world was created by someone superior to humans.

God has given us the Bible so that we can learn about Him, and most importantly, learn about Jesus, the ONLY answer to the problem we all have. We are sinners. We've broken God's rules, we've used God's name in vain, we've despised God and His Word, we've dishonored our parents, we've refused God's gifts, we've have murderous thoughts and hurtful actions towards other people, we've had lustful, adulterous thoughts and actions, we've coveted what isn't ours to have, we've stolen and we've lied. We haven't loved other people as we should. We've been greedy, gluttonous, self-absorbed, proud, conceited, boastful, hateful, and all around disgusting. Offensive in the sight of a holy God.

God's love for us was so vast that He became a human, kept the law perfectly in our place, so that He could be the substitute for us and take God's wrath on Himself. Jesus was crucified and died and was buried. He then rose from the dead, appeared to many disciples, and eventually ascended to heaven, and will return in might and power as King to judge the world.

I can't wait to see Him. Everyone who has rejected Him will shake in terror when that day comes, since they will be standing on their own account of actions, thoughts, and words before a holy and just God who judges evil.

I won't be standing on my own account of actions. I will be standing on the holy, perfect account of Jesus Christ, which He has given to me as a free gift through faith, and offers to you as well.

This is what the Bible teaches.

So why am I convinced? How do I know it's true? Am I just brainwashed and accept whatever I was taught?

Let's investigate.

The historicity of Jesus is undeniable. Jesus existed in history, and even Christianity's historical haters and opponents didn't bother trying to deny the existence of Jesus. So who was this Jesus? Was he just a man who managed to deceive a lot of people into thinking He was God? Or was His claim that He is God true?

There is a very low resurrection rate among dead people. Most of the people who die stay dead.

Jesus didn't stay dead. He appeared to many disciples, many of whom were killed for defending their faith. They were eyewitnesses, they were there. If they HADN'T seen a resurrected Jesus, they would certainly not be willing to die to defend the truth that they had.

The Bible is historically and scientifically accurate. The Bible is beyond any book that has ever been written by people. It is filled with goodness, righteousness, truth, wisdom, fulfilled prophecies from hundreds or thousands of years earlier. Look into the historical veracity of the Bible.

The teachings found in it are not of human origin. The teaching of Jesus Christ is counter to sinful man's mind. ALL false religions are based on works-righteousness, that we have to earn our way into god's favor by following rules. The teaching that we are saved by grace through faith is contrary to the human mind that wants, in pride and rebellion, to be good enough without God.

We need saving. Look at the world around you. It's falling apart.

Bombings, suicides, murders, rapes, hatred, wars, child abuse, divorce, poverty, and the grave where we are all destined to decay are a snapshot of the evil inside of every human being.

I believe the truth of the Bible because all the evidence points there. The Bible has been right about everything, from the sinfulness of man, to the fact that the earth hangs upon nothing (which was in the Bible in Job 26:7 something like 3500 years ago, which was discovered much later by people to be true, as impossible as it seemed to ancient people that something could hang on nothing). There are many examples in the Bible where God revealed in Scripture what scientists discovered much later.

The Bible is the truth, it's trustworthy, it's the Word of God, and it's given to us because God loves us and wants us to know Him and know the truth.

Nothing is more important than knowing Him, Jordan.

Don't wait. Don't ignore it. God's calling you now.

We never know when our time of grace will be up, whether we will first die or whether Jesus will return to judge the world first. It could be tonight.

I knew it wouldn't take long for BabyShark to resurface from her hibernation and come up with another "Allah was invented by a man..." claim and "Jesus died for our sins".  I just didn't expect her new victim to be Jordan!

Jordan - don't listen to her.  You're free to practice any religion you want.  There is no compulsion in religion as the Qur'an says (Qur'an 2:256).  There is no need for BabyShark or anyone else to force Christianity or any other religion down your throat.  You can see where truth lies and choose your own path.

BabyShark - if you think you're gonna be saved just by believing that Jesus Christ, your Lord and Savior, died for your sins, then read your Bible again because Jesus says:

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
[Matthew 7:22-23]

Jesus is not gonna address the muslims, hindus, jews and buddhists in that statement.  He will say that to YOU BabyShark, who call yourself a Christian.  Why?  Because YOU called him Lord.  He is not your Lord.  The Father in heaven is.

Come talk to me BabyShark.  Your arguments are weak. They didn't work on me and I refuted all of them in earlier threads... I find it lame that you are now trying your luck with Jordan with those very same arguments in hope that it might work on him.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2018, 09:32:08 AM »
Everyone knows "Allah" means "God" in Arabic right?
war2 > war3

Offline jordan4385

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2018, 09:34:09 AM »
oh jesus christ.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2018, 09:34:41 AM »
Everyone knows "Allah" means "God" in Arabic right?

Yeah, and it's exactly the same GOD that the hebrews and the christians worship, they just bicker about the propherts.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2018, 09:49:06 AM »
well for starters you just called Lambchops a newb faggot whom I've never seen being mean to anyone.

Aww thanks @BabyShark :D I missed that one.

So for the record @jordan4385, I'm actually a non-homophobic newb hetro, so I don't actually take that as an insult. On the other hand if I was a gay newb I would probably take offence at the term 'faggot' and call you a cock-juggling lamer with the IQ of an average 4-slice toaster, but hey, I really don't care that much  ;)

-- edit --

Oh yeah on further investigation I think you meant to call Sentinal1 a newb faggot, not me. np stuff happens... and BTW I really don't give a toss who sucks who's weiner around here.

how can you be aware of richard dawkins..... almost made a point then totally blew it by spraying a bunch of inaccurate and irrellivant hate-fuelled abuse

Do you realise how utterly retarded you have to be to make me stick up for the fundementalist christian in a discussion like this? OMG how do you fail that hard? Ima call your mom right now and tell her to slap some decency into you.
I got a kitchenaid 4 slice toaster for myself for Christmas and it's really good.  learning that I like to set the darkness to 5 for Ego waffles, but only a 2 for poptarts.  I get these big soft Snyders pretzels from the freezer aisle and those i set the darkness to 3-4 and they come out nice and toasted on the outside and soft and warm on the inside.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2018, 10:19:30 AM »
I got a kitchenaid 4 slice toaster for myself for Christmas and it's really good.  learning that I like to set the darkness to 5 for Ego waffles, but only a 2 for poptarts.  I get these big soft Snyders pretzels from the freezer aisle and those i set the darkness to 3-4 and they come out nice and toasted on the outside and soft and warm on the inside.

Nice man, that sounds like a seriously above average 4 slice toaster :)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2018, 10:46:15 AM »
@eyyy im walkin here

This is a gold mine thread.
war2 > war3

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2018, 04:57:10 PM »
I just didn't expect her new victim to be Jordan!

Definition of victim: a person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action

How exactly is Jordan a "victim" here?

You have refuted exactly nothing I've said, Ze_Saint.

You insist on defending a religion whose "holy" writings promote beating women, stoning women, killing Jews, Christians, and other non-Muslims including fake "hypocrite" Muslims who do not want to kill non-Muslims, forcibly marrying children, and cutting off little girls' sexual organs while they are struggling, flailing, and screaming. Your best, most recent defense is the opinions of some random people who are either ignorant or evil (in order to defend a religion that endorses these evils). That argument is so weak that it simply isn't worth addressing. As if human opinion proves anything. If a human opinion proved a matter, then all my points are automatically proven, including my opinion that the Bible is true, because it's my opinion, if human opinion proves truth. But human opinion does not prove truth.

I can see that you are determined only to be hostile and aggressive and attack me and have no interest in learning the truth. If you did, you would have come to the truth from the many, many Scripture passages I showed you that prove that Jesus is God and that Jesus did die for our sins and was raised to life and ascended to heaven and will come back in glory to judge the living and the dead.

You don't believe that. I do believe that. I believe the Bible is true. You don't. You are free to believe as you wish, and I can see that you are determined and are not at this time going to be swayed by the truth.

Even people who do not believe that the Bible is true recognize that the Bible does teach that Jesus is God.

I'm happy to spend my time talking to people who are actually interested in truth, but when people are repeatedly shown, for example, Scripture that says that Jesus is God and refuse to acknowledge it and still keep saying the Bible doesn't teach that Jesus is God, it just becomes unprofitable to spend time engaging with a person who will not accept evidence from a source that they claim to acknowledge as an authority. You also refuse to acknowledge the evidence found in the Qu'ran and other Islamic texts that clearly teaches the things I mentioned above, and insist that they are "out of context" which is nonsense. If they are taken "out of context," and millions of Muslims follow them, why are none of the Muslims with "proper understanding" trying to stop them from killing people or taking over the world? Anyone can Google the Qu'ran verses and look up the context to see where they are. I encourage all people who want to know what Islam really teaches to just read the Qu'ran and hadiths for themselves and see what they say and not rely on Muslims who are practising taqiyya and being deceptive and dishonest when their numbers are below majority so as not to alarm the population that they are infiltrated and to be taken over once the Muslim percentage reaches majority. Taqiyya is the Islamic teaching that Muslims are allowed to lie to non-Muslims in order to make their religion sound less dangerous than it actually is to non-Muslims, in the interest of ultimate Islamic takeover.

These truths are found in Islamic writings and in the mouths of Islamic leaders who are teaching Muslims according to Islamic writings, as have been shown in videos already.

The devil doesn't care what lies people are deceived by as long as they are not saved from their sin by the only Savior there is. Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven, the only Savior from sin, the only name under heaven given among men by which we may be saved.

Acts 4:10b-12

It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11 Jesus is

β€œβ€˜the stone you builders rejected,
    which has become the cornerstone.’

12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:40:29 PM by BabyShark »

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2018, 08:32:47 PM »
i like the 10 commands ..cool toaster blid! :o even how to get a ip address, yall hax!!

a snow storm is coming i waited all year for this!!!! poof getting drinks