Author Topic: serious question  (Read 15953 times)

Offline Ze_sAiNt

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: serious question
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2018, 08:04:10 AM »
I can see that you are determined only to be hostile and aggressive and attack me and have no interest in learning the truth...

...I'm happy to spend my time talking to people who are actually interested in truth, but when people are repeatedly shown, for example, Scripture that says that Jesus is God and refuse to acknowledge it and still keep saying the Bible doesn't teach that Jesus is God, it just becomes unprofitable to spend time engaging with a person who will not accept evidence from a source that they claim to acknowledge as an authority.

@BabyShark - you either suffer from amnesia or you have a split personality disorder.  One minute you want to engage in discussion with me and the next, you want to avoid discussion with me.  See how your posts contradict one another:

@Ze_sAiNt

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and questions. This opens the door for some interesting and useful discussion!

You are sharing good, logical questions, and I am happy to delve into them!

If you can convince me you are a truth-seeker, rather than just an attacker who wants to waste my time with frivolous and ridiculous claims that even atheists and unbelievers would or should recognize as being unScriptural, I am happy to spend more time on discussion. But a mean-spirited attacker could make up new wild claims every day that would take an hour to answer, when he is actually not at all interested in learning, but only in tearing down.

What is your goal?

My goal for you is that you come to a knowledge of the truth and to know the love of Jesus Christ who has died for your sins and mine. I want you to be saved because I care.

@Ze_sAiNt

I want to thank you for allowing me the opportunity to engage in useful dialogue with you. It is a rare person who is actually willing to put themselves and their thoughts on the line like you are doing, and I respect you for it.

It's great to see that we are digging into material and able to talk about it, a Muslim and a Christian having a conversation and discussing beliefs and writings from the past.

I am really glad that you are digging into what's in the Bible and thinking about it, and sharing those thoughts. This is what we need more of in the world, is digging into and discussing ideas and thoughts and beliefs openly, rather than simply labelling people (as Adam J. Macleod discusses in his article) and refusing to engage in what the beliefs and views actually are, in order to be able to logically either agree or disagree.

I'm short on time atm, but will get on discussing these further with you!

Again, thank you for being willing to discuss and share and dialogue. I appreciate you for this. :)

I personally find Ze_Saint to be by far the most willing to engage in actual topics and discuss actual issues, which I greatly respect him for, even though we see things quite differently at this point. I welcome points of view and discussion, from all viewpoints and people. Personal attacks and mislabelling do nothing to promote and increase understanding. I would love to be able to focus on having an actual discussion with Ze_Saint

I can see that you are determined only to be hostile and aggressive and attack me and have no interest in learning the truth.

If you happen to come to terms with yourself and decide to engage further in discussion with me, do let me know.

As far as me having refuted nothing at all of what you said, I believe I have provided ample Scriptural evidence that you are worshipping the wrong God (Jesus).  Jesus himself never claimed to be God.  You have again and again failed to prove that.  If Jesus is meant to be my Lord and Savior and he died for my sins, then I am willing to believe in it if you can prove the following points:

1) Produce any verse where Jesus either says "I am God" or where he says "Worship me".  Do that and I am ready to get baptized today.

2) Produce any verse from the Bible where someone actually calls Jesus "Immanuel" during his lifetime in order to fulfill the prophecy in Matthew 1:23.

3) Who ruled the world for 3 days and 3 nights if Jesus died as a God (ignoring the fact that saying so is blasphemy)?

4) Produce any verse from the Bible where the word "trinity" is mentioned to prove that Jesus is part of a tri-une God.

And if you can't prove these 4 points which I reckon is the bedrock of Christianity, then I'll continue claiming that you are propagating a false religion that doesn't offer salvation to anyone.

Your best, most recent defense is the opinions of some random people who are either ignorant or evil (in order to defend a religion that endorses these evils). That argument is so weak that it simply isn't worth addressing.

So this is what it comes down to:  anyone who doesn't believe that Islam is a religion of hate and evil is considered either IGNORANT or EVIL.  So tell me BabyShark, what motive would those 'random' Christians and non-muslims have in promoting a religion of EVIL???

Taqiyya is the Islamic teaching that Muslims are allowed to lie to non-Muslims in order to make their religion sound less dangerous than it actually is to non-Muslims

And where is the source of this information?  Care to provide some evidence from the Qur'an?

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2018, 10:00:49 AM »
Taqqiyya comes from the a sect of shiaism called "twelver's."
People who practice this aren't considered musims. Just like people who practice Catholicism aren't considered Christians.

The fact Babyshark is unable to make these basic distinctions shows her ignorance. You know I'm fairly certain she wasn't always so religious. I wonder what it was that drove her to become an christian extremist. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:10:40 AM by ~ToRa~ »
war2 > war3

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2018, 12:27:27 PM »
Taqqiyya comes from the a sect of shiaism called "twelver's."
People who practice this aren't considered musims. Just like people who practice Catholicism aren't considered Christians.

The fact Babyshark is unable to make these basic distinctions shows her ignorance. You know I'm fairly certain she wasn't always so religious. I wonder what it was that drove her to become an christian extremist. 
I don't know anything about Taqqiyya or twelver's, but Catholics are Christians... Lol. Catholics, Lutherans, Baptists, Methodists so on, they are all Christians. Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity like all the others.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2018, 03:24:04 PM »
Just like people who practice Catholicism aren't considered Christians.

That's exactly what they're considered. Catholicism is the most populous and self-proclaimed original "branch" of Christianity. The three primary and fundamental branches of Christianity are Catholicism, Protestantism, and Eastern Orthodoxy. Each of these has several, to hundreds+ of subcategories beneath them (some of the larger ones are mentioned by smeagol), and there are also other smaller branches that may or may not actually be reasonably classified as separate from the primary three branches aforementioned.

It's okay though, because you've definitely got the key takeaway from the whole religion (teachings of jesus, and old testiment - hebrew, jewish translations, etc)- it's all bullshit and silly.
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2018, 03:48:33 PM »
Also - I think I know where your mix up is.

You almost never hear people talking about "Protestants" but you always hear people talk about "Catholics". I think that's because people almost always say Christians when referring to Protestants, while with Catholics it goes either way - Catholic or Christian.
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2018, 07:13:27 PM »
Catholics and Orthodox are the only real Christians. Protestants and Mormons are heretical splitters.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2018, 07:55:30 PM »
They're a cult formed after Martin Luther sperged out and rage quit the Church because he was mad at the admins.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2018, 08:35:01 PM »
Hmm, when it comes to religion people will have their own feelings about things and that's fine. I'm just talking about historical happenings but everyone's faith is up to them.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2018, 12:56:35 PM »
In Martin Luther's day you were either Catholic and would worship the way the church wanted you to or you were dead. Martin Luther wanted religious freedom to worship the way he wanted instead of being controlled by the Catholic church. He risked his own life and made it possible for others to have much more religious freedom because of his bravery.

99% sure Blid is trolling with the Catholics and Orthodox are the only real Christians...If there's a kernel of truth in your statement though, it's Christianity dude they all worship the same but slightly different beliefs.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 12:59:17 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »