War2.ru Slogan
News: Don't forget to join Channel: Trivia for trivia!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

Ways to cheat in war2. 1513  32

Berserker Posts: 621 Karma: +18/-3 *****

Antti_Kiviniemi

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Ways to cheat in war2.
« on: January 17, 2018, 03:55:19 PM »
Introduction:
This was a very long write after a very long day. I'll fix all the ugly stuff of this post later and update things that I forgot to mention. Here's 25 methods to cheat/use questionable methods to get an edge over other players. I'm not saying these are true or that these have been implemented or that I am correct about any of these. Just read at your leisure.

Account Sharing

Account share scenario 1:
Player A challenges Player B. Player C logs on to Player A's account and plays against Player B.

Account share scenario 2:
Player A has two computers & two connections. Player C has shared his password with Player A. Player A is logged on account "Player A" on computer 1 and on computer 2 Player A has logged on account "Player C". Player A challenges Player B. Player B hosts a game, where accounts "Player A" and "Player C" join. Player A is using war2observe on Account "Player C". Now Player A has full vision of the map on computer 2 (at screen 2), as well as full access to following information to of Player B: gold, wood, oil, peon count, grunt count, ogre count. Player A has to have a quick look at screen 2 (screen of account "Player C") to see a wide variety regarding his strategy choices: minimap will show Player B's starting location as well as whether or not Player B is expanding and also show all hidden buildings / expansions of Player B.

Account share scenario 3:
Player A has access to accounts of Players C, D, E, & F. Player A does not like Player B. Player A will now harass Player B through accounts of Players C, D, E, & F - at various different occations spread on a long timeline. This makes Player B use a lot of energy fighting essentially ghosts: Players C, D, E, & F don't care about all the counter-arguments Player B throws back at Players C, D, E, & F, because Player A is hearing these counter-arguments - and these counter arguments do not concern Player A, they concern Players C, D, E, & F. Player B will be very stressed and confused, while Player A will be very pleased with how: smart his sadistic plan has been; how clever insults he has thrown at player B; and how stressed and confused player B is.

Account share scenario 4:
Variant of scenario 3. Instead of sharing accounts on the war2.ru server, the accounts are shared on the forum.war2.ru. Player A can share accounts with players C, D & E. When the rest of the community has criticism about Player A, Player A can use accounts of Players C, D & E to defend himself & call himself a good and admirable person for all the public to hear. Player A will use his own account only when it is either best time to do so; or he has to do so.

Account share scenario 5: Win feeding
Player A has access to Player B's account. Player A has 2 computers & 2 connections. Player A uses Player B's account to feed him wins and therefore #1 raise his win/loss ratio #2 make him look more dominant a player than he actually is #3 increase ELO rating.

Facebook stalking
Player A adds person B on facebook. Player A sees that Player B has had a major life event such as just broke up with his girlfriend. Player A tells Player C that Player B has broken up with his girlfriend. Player C will challenge Player B to a match whenever possible.

Playtime stalking
Player A knows his peaks of performance are at 6 pm to 9pm. Player A follows the routines of Player B, writing down his play hours whenever he can. Player A determines that Player B is at peak at 4pm to 6pm, and he is tired at 7pm to 9pm. Player A will avoid playing Player B from 4pm to 6pm and challenge him from 7pm to 9pm.

Losing on purpose
Player A is allying Player B, against Players C and D. Player A wants to make Player B less confident and less happy. In this 2vs2 game, Player A is matched up against Player C, and Player B is matched up against Player D. Player A sees that Player B is in a disadvantaged matchup against Player D (e.g. B = 4, D = 5). Player A puts in just enough effort to have Player C on his knees. Player B loses to Player D. Player A loses to Player C because Player D gets involved in the matchup of Player A vs Player C. Player B thinks they lost the game only because he lost his matchup against Player D. Player A yells at Player B after game that he played bad and that they lost because of him. Player B gets taxed emotionally.

Tipping

Player A plays against Player B. Game of Players A and B is watched by Player C. Player A and Player C are in same teamspeak/discord chat. Player C will tell all the important details regarding the actions of Player B at crucial times. Player C can tell player A things like starting location, strategy choices, expansion locations, peon counts, how much gold/wood player B has, tech timings, grunt numbers, ogre numbers, ogre locations, weapon/shield upgrades, upgrade timings, etc. Player C does not necessarily have to use voice chat for tipping, he can just write these things as well - if game is paused and SS is asked, player A can just wait until the messages of Player C disappear and then take the SS.

Harassing to break focus
Shortly: you insult, harass, and distract the player whos focus you want to break during game. e.g. Player A plays against Player B and Player C whispers to Player B "faggot", or Player D who is watching the game says "Player B is a no skill faggot who i hate very much".

Macros

Macro scenario 1: bloodlust click hack
This macro will give you significant advantage in regards of speed and stamina regarding your lusting. If you are rusty player, usually the last thing you unrust is your lusting, because games don't go to late game that often. But if you use bloodlust click hack, it will allow your lusting be at a tolerable level even when you are very rusty.

Macro scenario 2: build ogre click hack
The macro goes something like spam of clicks plus O. At late game this will make your ogre pumps significantly faster. If you do ogre pump from several raxes without this macro, you will have to make sure your ogre pump was successful at each rax: at some times you can trust your instinct, at other times your execution was not so flawless that you can trust your instinct. Basically the technique for making sure your ogre pump was successful is to hear the sounds - 2 sounds means successful ogre pump. Sound #1 is the rax click sounds & sound #2 is the sound of your ogre starting to build. If you use this macro, you can always be certain that your ogre will produce, and you can just spam your macro through your raxes. This will give you aproximately at least 1.1 time speed up in your ogre pump, at best case i would say 2.0 time speed up. Also the success rate of your ogre production will always be 100% (so all your 5 raxes each produce an ogre), assuming you have the resources.

Macro scenario 3: expansion hall macro peon pump
In this macro you put your halls into team numbers which you never use. Then the macro will go through these teams and pump a peon at each team. I suppose this will come in handy at the latest stages of the game.

Tournament cheating
Player A, Player B, and Player C participate a tournament. Players A, B, C prearrange, that if Player A meets Player B or C in the finals/semifinals/at any stage, Player B or C will lose to Player A on purpose. If Player B meets Player C at any stage of the tournament, Players B and C have prearranged that Player C will lose to Player B on purpose.

Bribe admins / be nepotistic with admins

Overview: Basically have the admin on your side. The admin will look after your interests. Every time there is a scenario that might get you banned or hurt your reputation, you do your best to cover the tracks and not

Admin scenario 1:
Player A gets asked SS. Player A needs time to fix his screenshot because he was cheating. Player A delivers SS 12-24 hours late. Admin ignores the late delivery of screenshot delivery and says everything is ok.

Admin scenario 2:
Player A wants an alibi for doing whatever he wants to do. Player A asks publicly in forum.war2.ru to get banned for let's say 6 months from server war2.ru. Admin says he will do this. Now Player A can #1 smurf without being suspected #2 log on to accounts of Player B, C, D, E, while having an alibi that he is banned from the server.

Admin scenario 3: Make detecting cheating more difficult, part 1
Warvid is used to help detect cheating. Admin finds an excuse for making warvideo not mandatory on request. Admin says "warvideo at low framerates does not detect cheats. At high frame rates it makes peoples computers lag." Admin states: you are no longer obliged to take warvideo on request. Example to further show the point: Player A and Player B play againts each other. Player A requests Player B to take warvideo of the game(s). Player A and Player B play a game. Player A tells Player B to send Player A the warvideo. Player B refuses. Player A says to Admin that Player B refused to post warvideo. Admin responds to Player A that Player B is not under obligation to post warvideo, and will not be punished.

Admin scenario 4: Make detection of cheating more difficult, part 2
It is discovered, that you can detect account sharing (at least to some degree) through command /netstat to detect ips of players in game. Admin bans /netstat command from use, so detecting account sharing is more difficult.

Admin scenario 5: allowing bannable offenses.
Player A account shares. Admin is in alliance with Player A. Admin changes rules from "account sharing is bannable" into "account sharing is not bannable". Player A uses macros, such as bloodlust clichack or ogrepump clickhack. Admin says "you cannot detect macros, therefore macros are not bannable."

Admin scenario 6: Forcing watchers in tournament games without Player consent
Player A is in tournament. Admin wants Player B to win. Player A knows Player C and Player D are watchers who will harass him during the game (look at section: "harassing to break focus"). Also Players C and D could be tippers (look at section: "Tipping"). Or Player C or Player D could be accounts logged on to by Player B (look at section "account share scenario 2"). Player A says "I do not want Players C and D to watch". Player A hosts a game. Player B refuses to play without Players C and D watching. Admin says to Player A "you have to let Players C and D to watch and you have 10 minutes to join the game Player B has hosted or you will lose by default.

Admin scenario 7: Biased brackets in tournaments
Admin wants Player A to not win. Admin gives Player A opponents which make it less likely he will make it to the finals.

Admin scenario : No hack detection methods necessary during tournament
Admin wants Player A to win. Player A wants to use cheats. Admin says "no AH is required during tournament" and "No warvid is required during tournament".

Admin scenario: No time to breathe for tournament participant
Admin does not want Player A to win. Player B has had a 60 minute break before Player A gets finished with his games to play Player B. Player B has had 60 minutes to gather energy before games against Player A. Admin says to Player A "lets play right now." Implying to Player A that if he wants to take a break, its a maximum of 10 minute break (assuming tournament time limit for afk is 10 minutes). If Player A wants to take a break he will have to discuss a lot with admin to get his break. This negotiation for getting a 10 minute break is also stressful. While Admin is streaming Player A, Admin says things to stream such as "I wish Player A would just hurry up" and "Come on Player A you are asking for so much time all the time". Player A will notice after watching stream of tournament 1, and at tournament 2 he will know that he Admin is saying these things while he is trying to take a breathe.

Admin scenario: judge against you in tournament
Player A plays against Player B. Admin wants either #1 tournament to end fast so he can go sleep #2 Player A to not win #3 Player B to win #4 none of the above. Player A disconnects from game while playing against Player B. Admin counts this as a win for Player B.

Admin scenario: publicly saying to ban someone while in reality not banning someone
Player A does an offense which according to rules leads to 1 week ban, and there is conclusive evidence of Player A's offense. Admin says to Player A "I say in public to ban you, but just don't log on to your main account for a week".
Berserker Posts: 739 Karma: +37/-0 *****

Szwagier

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Ways to cheat in war2.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 05:07:58 PM »
whats wrong with you?........................................................................

Antti_Kiviniemi

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 05:22:22 PM »
whats wrong with you?........................................................................

what's the problem?

Szwagier

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 06:22:24 PM »
cause u belive people are cheating?

btw even if some1 got 2 ips and 2 pcs, he will know only your position cause its hard use double mouse +keyboard and watching 2 monitors? special in late game, better idea just have got maphack easier to use -_-

anyway ppl dont like u and i think half will just ban u

"Facebook stalking
Player A adds person B on facebook. Player A sees that Player B has had a major life event such as just broke up with his girlfriend. Player A tells Player C that Player B has broken up with his girlfriend. Player C will challenge Player B to a match whenever possible. "
LOL XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Pro tip: winning one  boX(bo3,bo5 etc) doesnt mean u are better than some1 xdddddddddddddddd

Antti_Kiviniemi

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 02:42:14 AM »
cause u belive people are cheating?

btw even if some1 got 2 ips and 2 pcs, he will know only your position cause its hard use double mouse +keyboard and watching 2 monitors? special in late game, better idea just have got maphack easier to use -_-

anyway ppl dont like u and i think half will just ban u

"Facebook stalking
Player A adds person B on facebook. Player A sees that Player B has had a major life event such as just broke up with his girlfriend. Player A tells Player C that Player B has broken up with his girlfriend. Player C will challenge Player B to a match whenever possible. "

Pro tip: winning one  boX(bo3,bo5 etc) doesnt mean u are better than some1 xdddddddddddddddd

where do i say i believe anyone is cheating?

Szwagier

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 05:41:32 AM »
Cause u  made this stupic topic, only u want ban all watchers cause u Belive they help your enemy but if u are joining to watch game its fine..
Grunt Posts: 51 Karma: +0/-0 ***

00Samuel

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 07:25:40 AM »
"Facebook stalking

Why are you laughing Swagzier?

Antti_Kiviniemi

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 07:58:17 AM »
Cause u  made this stupic topic, only u want ban all watchers cause u Belive they help your enemy but if u are joining to watch game its fine..

Quite weak logic
Ogre Mage Posts: 2345 Karma: +123/-179 ********

I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 08:18:20 AM »
Macro scenario 2: build ogre click hack
The macro goes something like spam of clicks plus O. At late game this will make your ogre pumps significantly faster. If you do ogre pump from several raxes without this macro, you will have to make sure your ogre pump was successful at each rax: at some times you can trust your instinct, at other times your execution was not so flawless that you can trust your instinct.

well this was only a side project when i was making a grinding bot for some card game:

https://youtu.be/hQBil80Q-HU

but it operates on a shitty, high level (just like your idea) - spotting images. real haxors would use memory. on the other hand, this macro would be way harder to "spot" than a memory one as can be delayed, randomized and still operates on a perfectly natural idea of pumping oggers from raxes located next to each other

Antti_Kiviniemi

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 08:43:41 AM »

well this was only a side project when i was making a grinding bot for some card game:

https://youtu.be/hQBil80Q-HU

but it operates on a shitty, high level (just like your idea) - spotting images. real haxors would use memory. on the other hand, this macro would be way harder to "spot" than a memory one as can be delayed, randomized and still operates on a perfectly natural idea of pumping oggers from raxes located next to each other

Sup Claw! Interesting video. I need to let the information sink in for a bit to realize the full potential of the application of programming like this. Why is it called "G3mini raxhack"?

Just to make sure we are on the same page about what I mean with the ogrepump-click-macro:
I found a crude version of the ogrepump-macro where I was reverse engineering certa‚ÄĆin players warvid actions. This macro can be improved and optimized a lot. Here's the macro:

1. Left mouse button press
2. Paus execution for 1 ms.
3. Left mouse button release
4. Pause execution for 1 ms.
5. Press key O
6. Pause execution for 1 ms.
7. Release key O

I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 08:53:11 AM »
well... in the vid coordinates of a rax are found by locating the image. I only used mouse move and click, but it can do pretty much anything, depending on your intention and language used. at the time its a shitty and dumb way of doing things when all the info is "out there", but with a proper anti-hack this blackbox method would be one of the few working ways to do so
its called g3mini raxback to piss him off, which was my part-time job at the time
Sappers Posts: 857 Karma: +53/-3 ******

LiveFreeorDie

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 10:49:10 AM »
I agree with you that Player A is a slimeball, but I don't think it's fair to blame Player C.

Player B's girlfriend was a bitch anyway, and I really don't think Player B was that upset about it.

Player B's W2 performance didn't diminish any, from what I could tell.

Antti_Kiviniemi

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 11:22:14 AM »
I agree with you that Player A is a slimeball, but I don't think it's fair to blame Player C.

Player B's girlfriend was a bitch anyway, and I really don't think Player B was that upset about it.

Player B's W2 performance didn't diminish any, from what I could tell.

It sounds like Player C set up a date between Player A and Player B's girlfriend. Then Player B's girlfriend and Player A started to date. Player B found out about his girlfriend going out with Player A behind his back and ended the relationship. But from the sound of this, BabyShark had had sex with Player B at some point before Player B and Player B's girlfriend broke up, and Player B had rebound sex with BabyShark - after which BabyShark was able to conclude that Player B's performance had not diminished Edit: diminished due to the break up.
Sappers Posts: 857 Karma: +53/-3 ******

LiveFreeorDie

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 12:21:06 PM »
Now, now Sepi. You and I both know we never had sex.

I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 12:23:20 PM »
i want to sex babyshark, then slap her arse and say "mmm u haz sperms inside you, sperms of an atheist"