Author Topic: War2 Server Meet up / Discord Party | March 4th  (Read 7319 times)

Online O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
War2 Server Meet up / Discord Party | March 4th
« on: January 22, 2018, 08:47:11 PM »

Meet Up

Warcraft II Server Meet up #1 is being scheduled for March 4th!

These days a lot of us are busy and do not get the chance to play the game as much as we want to. I want to get a day scheduled here where we can try to bring some of us back together at the same time to get faster games / more players / and for the professionals to be able to have good games against each other.

In the past I have hosted a lot of tournaments to bring players together but that is just not everyone's thing and most players know they don't have a chance or just are not interested. When we have these tours it does slow down the number of players in regular games at the same time too, so I am wanting to go with something a little bit different this time.

Just plan to come on the Server March 4th, and play the game and I will do my best to spread the word and hopefully we can make this a jam-packed day of War2 fun!

Discord Party

https://discordapp.com/invite/011yP15a14es6OPhz

A ton of players are now part of the discord. If you come online March 4th make a plan to join the War2 Server Discord and we will be there chatting away.

New users to mention @mousey to get custom roles to access different channels.

Dedicated Hosts

If you want to be added to the list of dedicated hosts for the day let me know! I realize most pro players will be in their own private games or games for good players but if anyone wants to be part of the host list just give me a description of maps you plan to host. Also would be nice if all dedicated hosts add the word "All" in their game titles for this day to be welcome for any skill level.

Hosts:

XuRnT - Classic/BNE maps

Mousetopher - Variety of non-gow classics & classic-style customs, maybe some custom customs

xXxSmeagolxXx - PBalls, RPGs, and probably some PBall build

BabyShark - host various maps including ones nedro rediscovered or created (mr. bean, zones, agent's traps, canals, etc.)

@~ToRa~ @KagaN   @Warhammer  (Want to get in on dedicated hosting?)

Streamers

Let's be sure to get our streams rolling! All you streamers make sure you have the link to http://en.war2.ru and be ready to attract some fresh faces to the server.

@Szwagier @tk[as] @Vizzer @Yamon @Player @Grosshandlaren @max.x.overkill @eleison @Lone @BabyShark (Able to get your streams online for this day?)

Future

If the event goes well then I will start to plan a day every couple of months for everyone to come online and have fun again.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 05:23:09 AM by XuRnT »

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Re: War2 Server Meet up / Discord Party | March 4th
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 07:30:55 AM »
sounds great ! :D put me on the host/stream list tentatively, will let you know if something goes off the rails though !

also re hosting probably a variety of non-gow classics & classic-style customs, maybe some custom customs too depending on how many players show

can also put in the discord section of your post for new users to mention @mousey to get custom roles to access different channels, by default they only get #war2bne channel + General voice channel to prevent people (coughyamoncough) from trolling
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 07:54:08 AM by mousEtopher »
squeak!

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 08:22:09 AM »
:D
squeak!

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 07:24:43 PM »
Sounds like a great idea Burnt, I've considered doing something similar with PBall but never got around to it. To answer your question yeah I should be able to get on that day and host, and of course I'll be hosting PBalls, RPGs, and probably some PBall build. See you all there!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 07:33:47 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline Vizzer

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 12:59:47 PM »
a war2 party on my birthday!?

can it get any better

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 01:27:58 PM »
a war2 party on my birthday!?

can it get any better
Yes. I'm coming!

Online O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 05:29:21 AM »
Nice Smeagol got you added to the host list.

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 04:02:46 PM »
@XuRnT Sure! I plan to be there with my amazing stream ™ activated for my equally amazing fan club of 3.

I think I'll host mainly Nedro-created/co-created or Nedro-reintroduced maps such as Mr. Bean and Zones and Agent's Traps.

I think it's a nice idea to have a special meet day for fun, but the idea of growing the server is impossible.

Have you ever tried walking up a down escalator? It's kind of fun. But your speed of moving up has to be able to exceed the down speed if you ever want to make it to the top.

You've brought in many new people Xurnt.

I've personally played with and spoken with more new players to the server than I can count, in the last almost-two-years.

But until your speed of bringing them in can exceed the speed at which the hardcore players throw them out, it's a lost cause.

Walking Up the down Escalator - YouTube

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 12:26:44 PM »

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 04:02:37 PM »
i don't see anyone on...
I love this game!

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 04:07:41 PM »
76 users 11 games

http://server.war2.ru/status/

Where are you looking?

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 04:14:18 PM »
Discord. Like a channel where everyone is at talking.
I love this game!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2018, 05:38:34 PM »
Ill be on it like 9-10pm tonight.
war2 > war3

Online O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2018, 08:44:16 PM »
Not to big of a difference in amount of players who were logged in. That's a bit disapointing but those who did join us on Discord seemed to have a blast once again. It really does bring more enjoyment to the game for me on there we goof around and we have Cel and his awesome new strategies.

There is a crew of guys (and girl) that are becoming regulars at least on the weekends when I call them on. Makes playing map varieties fun as well.

Cel the archer king
BabyShark the female and game hoster
Raimis aka DrunkPope this guy is pretty good not afraid to go human
Igognito fun personality and strong player
LilHoodlum started partnering this guy a year ago always down for any game
MrCombobreaker and Everlastguy are two newbs who joined us. Really fun to play with newbies while voice chatting its a good way to get them involved. This is ones third time coming on here with us and the others 2nd time. I believe they will keep coming back!
Raz another one of my main allies

Uk_restless and Tora joined us on there today first time Ive heard them. Oneorcarmy also!

We were missing Justinschmidt, shepherd and Kurtz. Also 00Kevin and Joe who got on last weekend.

Discord is growing if you don't have a mic get one and look for players I mentioned they are always ready to get on there.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 08:50:03 PM by XuRnT »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 09:47:42 PM »
Looks like I missed all the fun  :( ... it's tricky for me because Sunday afternoon is like 4am Monday here.
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!