Author Topic: Dead squares  (Read 5684 times)

Offline 00Samuel

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Dead squares
« on: February 05, 2018, 03:49:06 AM »
Does anyone get these, especially during chop farms? Like the game acts as if there is something in a particular square when there isn't. You can't build on it, and it blocks your units.

It's pretty much a death sentence if you get it near the start of a game, and usually happens on a square where there is a dead peon.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 04:22:43 AM by 00Samuel »

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Dead squares
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 04:01:40 AM »
yep, common problem, issue cumz from high delay/latency

Offline 00Samuel

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 04:11:26 AM »
yep, common problem, issue cumz from high delay/latency

Ah thanks bro. Got one today and it made me particularly angry as it was at the start and I ended up looking like I had no idea how to play

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 04:32:09 AM »
Only europeans and australianz are up at this hour and you dont look like european to me!!

Offline 00Samuel

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 04:53:59 AM »
Only europeans and australianz are up at this hour and you dont look like european to me!!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 01:54:15 AM by 00Samuel »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 05:02:50 AM »

i'm from Australia :D It's been pretty dead this time the last few days. Ch0p/Ch0ppy usually keep things alive with their chop games but they haven't been on.

Dead spots can be caused when a peon is killed after the user has instructed it to make a wall, but just before it actually starts making the wall. If the timing if right (well wrong..) it results in an invisible dead peon being left on the map.
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline 00Samuel

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 05:09:38 AM »

Dead spots can be caused when a peon is killed after the user has instructed it to make a wall, but just before it actually starts making the wall. If the timing if right (well wrong..) it results in an invisible dead peon being left on the map.
[/quote]

Yeah they do seem to happen around cannon/cat wars where theres a lot of peons so your theory may very well be right

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 05:23:40 AM »
Yeah they do seem to happen around cannon/cat wars where theres a lot of peons so your theory may very well be right

Not a theory. I can prove this with an etch-a-sketch and a bottle of ordinary household bleach.    :critter:

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 05:50:19 AM »
not a wall but any building, other than that the lamb newbie is right

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 05:50:44 AM »
my advanced catz and ratz strategy involved changing the latency to extra high and then bugging the entrance to my base, resulting in immortality

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 02:12:14 PM »
my advanced catz and ratz strategy involved changing the latency to extra high and then bugging the entrance to my base, resulting in immortality

Ah yes you just posted insulting Lambchops for "using hacks in public games". Yet hacking is = to cheating. When you know a bug in a public game that no one else knows(or not all) to block yourself in. Then sit around like a craven dog until you win by them leaving because they have a real life, and don't want to sit around while claw jacks off to chicken pictures while getting off on cheating in public games. Might as well be hacking or the same shit as a rigged map, congratulations Dellam Jr.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 02:18:12 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 09:58:20 PM »
congratulations Dellam Jr.

Dellam Snr.

edit---

The interesting thing about walls is that they are both units and terrain. Walls created on a map are stored as part of the maps, not as units, but when a peon makes a wall it is first created as a unit like any other building, but is then applied to the map. Walls are the only thing that has both a unit grp and a mtxm tile.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:04:51 PM by Lambchops »

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 05:29:06 AM »
I've mentioned it before in a different thread but I've had free castle games with TONS of dead spots and defiantly were not caused by walls.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2018, 05:54:50 AM »
I've mentioned it before in a different thread but I've had free castle games with TONS of dead spots and defiantly were not caused by walls.
ye ikr? but claw was being a dick because I wrote "wall" instead of "building" in my first reply ... just because 99% of the time that's when they're made so I thought I'd throw him an interesting red herring and make him check. He needs an activity or he starts gnawing at himself and sheds on the rug ;)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2018, 08:11:35 AM »
ye ikr? but claw was being a dick because I wrote "wall" instead of "building" in my first reply ... just because 99% of the time that's when they're made so I thought I'd throw him an interesting red herring and make him check. He needs an activity or he starts gnawing at himself and sheds on the rug ;)
man you sound like youre 15