Author Topic: People Sign "I Support Illiteracy" Petition to "Spread Illiteracy" in America  (Read 22595 times)

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
so i suppose if millions drink it its alright then ?

theory u say?? :P

more like scientificly proven fact

but theres None so blind as those who will not see  8)

you or ganz posted some terrible study, i explained to you why it was shit, you didn't reply. still waiting for evidence

btw i literally bathe in fluoride water and im way smarter than you, u mad?

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
The average loss in IQ was reported as a standardized weighted mean difference of 0.45, which would be approximately equivalent to seven IQ points for commonly used IQ scores with a standard deviation of 15.*  Some studies suggested that even slightly increased fluoride exposure could be toxic to the brain. Thus, children in high-fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ scores than those who lived in low-fluoride areas. The children studied were up to 14 years of age, but the investigators speculate that any toxic effect on brain development may have happened earlier, and that the brain may not be fully capable of compensating for the toxicity.

“Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain,” Grandjean says.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/
Kali IGL Stats

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
The average loss in IQ was reported as a standardized weighted mean difference of 0.45, which would be approximately equivalent to seven IQ points for commonly used IQ scores with a standard deviation of 15.*  Some studies suggested that even slightly increased fluoride exposure could be toxic to the brain. Thus, children in high-fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ scores than those who lived in low-fluoride areas. The children studied were up to 14 years of age, but the investigators speculate that any toxic effect on brain development may have happened earlier, and that the brain may not be fully capable of compensating for the toxicity.

“Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain,” Grandjean says.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/

So what's your excuse lol.
Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
excuse for what?
Kali IGL Stats

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
excuse for what?

Your stunted brain development.

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
i am going to repost what i wrote on the other forums in response to this article:

dr. foonat's class on interpreting meta-analyses and evaluating confounds in scientific research is now in session. play close attention.

meta-analysis is a method of evaluating trends in effect sizes across studies. because individual studies are biased in many different ways (measurement error, sampling error, etc.) meta-analysis essentially "averages out" all of the deficiencies in a group of individual studies to provide an estimate of association between variables in the population. therefore, a meta-analysis is only as good as the studies that go into one. if you have a bunch of really terrible studies, no amount of statistical wizardry will allow you to generate an accurate estimate of population-level effects.

if you look at table 1, you will see that all of the studies came from rural areas of China, Mongolia, and Iran. the article specifically states that in these places, water is naturally contaminated with high levels of fluoride (much higher than the amounts that are placed in the drinking water in the US). it is likely that very high levels of fluoride do cause problems, but the levels in the water in the US don't even come close.

further, forgetting about fluoride for a second, IQs in rural areas are generally lower than in non-rural areas. this is due to many factors. for example, socio-economic status, early childhood education, stimulation, nutrition, and healthcare are generally lower/lacking in rural areas (which also have the high fluoride) and these variables are all directly associated with lower IQ. so, this meta-analysis is unable to disentangle what the primary studies found. are the lower IQs because of high fluoride? are they because of the shittier conditions people live in in high fluoride areas? either way, the implications of this study for us here drinking water that has a tiny amount of flouride in it are quite limited

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile

Extremely high levels of fluoride are known to cause neurotoxicity in adults

..all but one study suggested that high fluoride content in water may negatively affect cognitive development.

Thus, children in high-fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ scores than those who lived in low-fluoride areas.

Yeah, "extremely high" levels of fluoride isn't good for you. Extremely high levels of anything probably isn't a good thing. It's a good thing they don't put extremely high doses in our water, but an amount healthy enough for our teeth without the detriment to our health.

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
https://vine.co/v/h3V9QJ6ePEu

edit: mods please enable vine embeds

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
you or ganz posted some terrible study, i explained to you why it was shit, you didn't reply. still waiting for evidence

btw i literally bathe in fluoride water and im way smarter than you, u mad?

bathing? really? the issue is with the consumption... wtf? (i.e. drinking, cooking etc.) lol
(i bathe in tap water too, i dont go buying purified water for bath lol... as far as i know theres no problem with that...)

as for reasons, the internet is big, plenty of literature out there to read about the subject
but here

read this article

9 hell of serious good reasons to stop drinking it.
all of the 9 reasons backed up with its correspondant scientific references at the bottom of the article in case you need to check further.
http://themindunleashed.org/2014/02/9-shocking-dangers-fluoride-exposure.html

shits bad. arthitis, thyroid problems, brain damage, kidney damage... gosh..

but some thing tells me in the end, you will convince yourself of some other weird reason why its safe to drink... well, can't help you there.
everyone believes what they want to believe.

.....and lol at jon thinking the government cares about your teeth :P thats hilarious

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:19:10 PM by SmurfKinG »

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
scientists, doctors, dentists etc pushed for the fluoridation of water, not the government.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
dumb is dumb :P

and who do you think is behind the doctors?

pharmaceuticals...

and who do you think is behind pharmaceuticals?

yeah, you guessed it.

p.s. pharmaceutical companies don't give a single shit about anyone's health. their job is to make $$$$. keep you medicated. (taking pills. and with fluoride they just supplied the demand. its basic.)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:34:07 PM by SmurfKinG »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
pharmaceuticals are raking in that fluoride money

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
scientists, doctors, dentists etc pushed for the fluoridation of water, not the government.

You are really dumb if you can't realize that big lobbyists can push whatever the fuck they want and buy off the AMA ADA CDC etc. Regular doctors/dentists are dumb yesmen who just follow whatever is dictated to them by these organizations. Just like the AMA said for years that smoking was safe and had no adverse health effects, when they knew back in the 1920's that it caused lung cancer from experiments.

Kali IGL Stats

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
pharmaceuticals are raking in that fluoride money

actually its the fertilizer/alluminum companies that are raking it in. Before fluoridation, they had to spend a lot of money disposing of the TOXIC WASTE which is instead sold to taxpayers at rediculous prices. We are paying for toxic waste to be disposed in our water.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile