Author Topic: lol what is this??  (Read 9235 times)

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
Re: lol what is this??
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 12:46:13 PM »
Yea, lets bring the author to this server so he can see that nothing has changed.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 01:35:33 PM »
maybe its david..he has been writing lots of stuff..practicing for another book maybe?

gonna have a little talk about this metroid thing ...its just a "ok" game,i mean donky kong country is way better

Offline Ywfn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2018, 06:14:14 AM »
i'd buy it just for nostalgia....

Got my copy earlier today.  This book is huge and heavy.  Looks and feels like a college text book.  Haven't had time to read it, but there's a whole chapter on the War2 forum.  Lots more quotes than what was available in the online PDF.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2018, 07:43:28 AM »
maybe its david..he has been writing lots of stuff..practicing for another book maybe?

gonna have a little talk about this metroid thing ...its just a "ok" game,i mean donky kong country is way better
Donkey Kong Country is my 2nd favorite games of all time next to Warcraft 2. It also has the best music of any other game/

Offline Paper_Boy

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2018, 11:43:03 AM »
Thats fucking hysterical, lord knows there was tons of rich material in there. Mackman, Ghostnuke & Bizatch can act as a cautionary tale to the youth in a college course some day lol… How the hell did you even find this?  I think Axo’s forum was down by this point, wonder if she saved a back up of the old forum posts that are lost.

ABSTRACT
Chapter 8
Gaming before E-Sports: Playing with Gender in Early Gaming Communities, 1993-2001
Marley-Vincent Lindsey
Brown University, USA
Discussions of competitive gaming often begin and end with the development of professional E-Sports. However, competitive gaming has a history that stretches back to the rst days of networked play with rst generation games like Doom, Warcraft II and Multi-User Dungeons (Henceforth MUDs). Within these games, digital communities became a prominent means of discourse and discussion, heavily reliant on gender as a habit of thought to describe inequality and disparities between players. Using an archive of Warcraft II histories, and forum threads for the game, this chapter describes a social history of this digital community with speci c emphasis on the ways that gender was used.
INTRODUCTION
February 9, 2001 was an infamous day for a popular Warcraft II Forum called the Warcraft Occult. ~Summoner, a notorious trash-talker on the forum, was caught hacking in a game of Warcraft II1. The game was saved, and then posted on the forum for all other posters to view and download on a thread entitled “SUMMONER IS CAUGHT HACKING” with a description:
Ender-Wiggin: A dear friend sent me a save game in which it shows Summoner with 3 weapon upgrades, and 1 shield upgrade. Thanks to DK’s wonderful program, we should have one less hacker in the “community” (Ender-Wiggin, 2000, [msg 1]). 2
Response was fast and furious: in a forum where most threads only garnered three or four responses, this initial thread had four pages in response, filled with anger, frustration, and even threats of physical violence. Over the course of the next week, numerous other threads were created to gleefully discuss the
DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-0261-6.ch008
Copyright © 2016, IGI Global. Copying or distributing in print or electronic forms without written permission of IGI Global is prohibited.
Gaming before E-Sports
allegations against ~Summoner, many of which took similar tones. Posts on the initial thread included the following:
sfg: in the names summoner posted as hackers they all do hahah and i know u hacked every single game and not once in a while so stfu fag but u suck anyway so it doesn’t matter. (Ender-Wiggin, 2000 [msg 39])
PCSPEAKER: [to another poster in the thread] Get a fucking clue you fucking scrub. Justify the rest of your heterosexual allegations before trying to impress with the horseshit you think is insight. (Ender-Wiggin, 2000, [msg 76])
SloBz: You faggots who accused paper/cinder/myst/nail are moronic. None of them hack. They love the game and wouldn’t cheapen it with Summoner’s B.S. and Summoner ur posts are fucking stupid. (Ender-Wiggin, 2000, [msg 94])
7VIesSiah: I can’t beleive Summoner (aka GenMike, JenMike, GayMike, there are a lot of names for this fag) is still playing this game. It isn’t surprising that he cheats. This guy has always sucked. (Ender-Wiggin, 2000, [msg 97])
Ash-: Our conflict ends here. I was right about you hacking, and all your bullshit now sees the light. I am the better player and the better man. In the end I will always be the better man. Thank you for the satisfaction of victory. (Ender-Wiggin, 2001, [msg 41])
Ash-: [responding to someone asking Summoner if he will attend an offline event, as people could try to hurt him after this] I won’t hesitate to deal out punishment as is necessary. Don’t worry though sum; you will survive. (Ender-Wiggin, 2001, [msg 48])
The following was posted on another a thread started by ~summoner, entitled “get a life please”:
Ash-: WS and SLAM [two other players accused of hacking] used to be pretty good on kali. When they came back to war2 on bnet, they got raped. They got raped all the time that I played on bnet. (~summoner, 2001, [msg 5])
Another thread entitled “SUMMONER IS FUCKING GAY” contained this description:
cancer: POST HERE ABOUT HOW GAY SUMMONER IS. P.S. SUM UR A FUCKING FAG.. HACK- ING PIECE OF SHIT. (cancer, 2001, [msg 1])
One of the most common themes in these threads is also one of the most confusing: What about be- ing a good or honest video game player necessitates a discourse that invokes gender, sexual orientation, and physical violence? Meta-level discussions of trash talking on the same forum, within the same time period yield unsatisfactory answers, such as this post from a thread entitled “Trash talking”:
korpo: It’s only fair to say that no one is the greatest trash talker of all time. There are so many people who talk trash (including myself), that they cannot be counted on a calculator. It only adds flavor to the game and it’s pretty cool after you talk trash, and then you rape them fairly hard. You get the satisfaction of feeling “I told you so.” (reaverlisk, 2000, [msg 2])

23 more pages are available in the full version of this document, which may be purchased using the "Add to Cart"

LOL Summoner and Valk catches were prolly the biggest bomb shells of war2 history even more than swift getting caught red handed. Predating this exchange there was lots of tension built up in the kith kannin thread where they faced off in a series where his lvl 5 rush tied him to lust and used a flier to cover his tracks.

I hope they brought up the part where Summoner faked his own death in a car wreck before the War2 Summit of Seattle and made Ash wait for hours at the airport to pick him up. The shame was too much for either of them to face, even to this day Valk won’t acknowledge his hacking. Makes u wonder how Swift looks in the mirror every morning. =) JK
(Unrelated note, Kanuks told me to this day he still feels Slighted by that Tourney win Valk stole from him in the Finals in his hacking prime> Perhaps the War2 High COuncil should look into vacating that victory and awarding it to Kanuks who was dominating him all game, but Valk kept making PERFECT counter moves.)

Other notable threads would be Shazm going insane and threatening to kill everyone or rob a bank to support his war2 habbit.

Jayhawkerz stalking Nalzymans X gf
 Mackman explaining how all homo sexual are pedofiles or some shit.
Bizatch deleting his ram^

Ywfn take some pictures of the full version and post them!!
OR share any notable threads or quotes u may stumble upon =)

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2018, 11:48:31 AM »
Book available in hard cover on amazon for a lot less.  Get your piece of war2 nostalgia before it's gone!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1522502610/ref=tmm_hrd_used_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=&sr=

my posts should be made into a book sold for 100$ hard cover, 80$ paperback, discuss

Offline Paper_Boy

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2018, 11:55:16 AM »
lol You probably would have a case to sue for not being compensated for your intellectual property! However, if you weren't utilized maybe they don't consider you INTELLECTUAL BURRRRRRRRN^^

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2018, 12:13:46 PM »
my post books would sell for way more than yours.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2018, 12:24:36 PM »
lol You probably would have a case to sue for not being compensated for your intellectual property! However, if you weren't utilized maybe they don't consider you INTELLECTUAL BURRRRRRRRN^^
Hah the posts they're using aren't the intellectual ones, they're the ones that say "u got raped in the gay war u fag kill yourself" because they're documenting how fucked up everyone was

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2018, 12:43:26 PM »
maybe video games should be banned, discuss.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2018, 12:53:56 PM »
Warcraft Occult > Forum Index > General Discussion > Ban video games.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2018, 04:56:06 AM »
Yeah there was 209 people logged on USEast yesterday. West, Europe and Asia were empty.

JK I don't have wc2 bnet edition anymore :(

3 minutes ago

sure the figures are garbage

maybe some bots, certianly the game list was blank

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 05:02:34 AM by Lambchops »
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline KingHillBilly

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2018, 05:03:40 PM »
Thats fucking hysterical, lord knows there was tons of rich material in there. Mackman, Ghostnuke & Bizatch can act as a cautionary tale to the youth in a college course some day lol… How the hell did you even find this?  I think Axo’s forum was down by this point, wonder if she saved a back up of the old forum posts that are lost.

ABSTRACT
Chapter 8
Gaming before E-Sports: Playing with Gender in Early Gaming Communities, 1993-2001
Marley-Vincent Lindsey
Brown University, USA
Discussions of competitive gaming often begin and end with the development of professional E-Sports. However, competitive gaming has a history that stretches back to the rst days of networked play with rst generation games like Doom, Warcraft II and Multi-User Dungeons (Henceforth MUDs). Within these games, digital communities became a prominent means of discourse and discussion, heavily reliant on gender as a habit of thought to describe inequality and disparities between players. Using an archive of Warcraft II histories, and forum threads for the game, this chapter describes a social history of this digital community with speci c emphasis on the ways that gender was used.
INTRODUCTION
February 9, 2001 was an infamous day for a popular Warcraft II Forum called the Warcraft Occult. ~Summoner, a notorious trash-talker on the forum, was caught hacking in a game of Warcraft II1. The game was saved, and then posted on the forum for all other posters to view and download on a thread entitled “SUMMONER IS CAUGHT HACKING” with a description:
Ender-Wiggin: A dear friend sent me a save game in which it shows Summoner with 3 weapon upgrades, and 1 shield upgrade. Thanks to DK’s wonderful program, we should have one less hacker in the “community” (Ender-Wiggin, 2000, [msg 1]). 2
Response was fast and furious: in a forum where most threads only garnered three or four responses, this initial thread had four pages in response, filled with anger, frustration, and even threats of physical violence. Over the course of the next week, numerous other threads were created to gleefully discuss the
DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-0261-6.ch008
Copyright © 2016, IGI Global. Copying or distributing in print or electronic forms without written permission of IGI Global is prohibited.
Gaming before E-Sports
allegations against ~Summoner, many of which took similar tones. Posts on the initial thread included the following:
sfg: in the names summoner posted as hackers they all do hahah and i know u hacked every single game and not once in a while so stfu fag but u suck anyway so it doesn’t matter. (Ender-Wiggin, 2000 [msg 39])
PCSPEAKER: [to another poster in the thread] Get a fucking clue you fucking scrub. Justify the rest of your heterosexual allegations before trying to impress with the horseshit you think is insight. (Ender-Wiggin, 2000, [msg 76])
SloBz: You faggots who accused paper/cinder/myst/nail are moronic. None of them hack. They love the game and wouldn’t cheapen it with Summoner’s B.S. and Summoner ur posts are fucking stupid. (Ender-Wiggin, 2000, [msg 94])
7VIesSiah: I can’t beleive Summoner (aka GenMike, JenMike, GayMike, there are a lot of names for this fag) is still playing this game. It isn’t surprising that he cheats. This guy has always sucked. (Ender-Wiggin, 2000, [msg 97])
Ash-: Our conflict ends here. I was right about you hacking, and all your bullshit now sees the light. I am the better player and the better man. In the end I will always be the better man. Thank you for the satisfaction of victory. (Ender-Wiggin, 2001, [msg 41])
Ash-: [responding to someone asking Summoner if he will attend an offline event, as people could try to hurt him after this] I won’t hesitate to deal out punishment as is necessary. Don’t worry though sum; you will survive. (Ender-Wiggin, 2001, [msg 48])
The following was posted on another a thread started by ~summoner, entitled “get a life please”:
Ash-: WS and SLAM [two other players accused of hacking] used to be pretty good on kali. When they came back to war2 on bnet, they got raped. They got raped all the time that I played on bnet. (~summoner, 2001, [msg 5])
Another thread entitled “SUMMONER IS FUCKING GAY” contained this description:
cancer: POST HERE ABOUT HOW GAY SUMMONER IS. P.S. SUM UR A FUCKING FAG.. HACK- ING PIECE OF SHIT. (cancer, 2001, [msg 1])
One of the most common themes in these threads is also one of the most confusing: What about be- ing a good or honest video game player necessitates a discourse that invokes gender, sexual orientation, and physical violence? Meta-level discussions of trash talking on the same forum, within the same time period yield unsatisfactory answers, such as this post from a thread entitled “Trash talking”:
korpo: It’s only fair to say that no one is the greatest trash talker of all time. There are so many people who talk trash (including myself), that they cannot be counted on a calculator. It only adds flavor to the game and it’s pretty cool after you talk trash, and then you rape them fairly hard. You get the satisfaction of feeling “I told you so.” (reaverlisk, 2000, [msg 2])

23 more pages are available in the full version of this document, which may be purchased using the "Add to Cart"

LOL Summoner and Valk catches were prolly the biggest bomb shells of war2 history even more than swift getting caught red handed. Predating this exchange there was lots of tension built up in the kith kannin thread where they faced off in a series where his lvl 5 rush tied him to lust and used a flier to cover his tracks.

I hope they brought up the part where Summoner faked his own death in a car wreck before the War2 Summit of Seattle and made Ash wait for hours at the airport to pick him up. The shame was too much for either of them to face, even to this day Valk won’t acknowledge his hacking. Makes u wonder how Swift looks in the mirror every morning. =) JK
(Unrelated note, Kanuks told me to this day he still feels Slighted by that Tourney win Valk stole from him in the Finals in his hacking prime> Perhaps the War2 High COuncil should look into vacating that victory and awarding it to Kanuks who was dominating him all game, but Valk kept making PERFECT counter moves.)

Other notable threads would be Shazm going insane and threatening to kill everyone or rob a bank to support his war2 habbit.

Jayhawkerz stalking Nalzymans X gf
 Mackman explaining how all homo sexual are pedofiles or some shit.
Bizatch deleting his ram^

Ywfn take some pictures of the full version and post them!!
OR share any notable threads or quotes u may stumble upon =)

This is amazing. And he made Waldo wait at the airport for him and never showed up. Ash was in California. He was 'flying' into green bay and he was going to ride with us to seattle. Thank god he didn't.

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2018, 08:31:20 PM »
Props to me for finding this amiright?
I love this game!

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2018, 08:32:21 PM »
Yeah there was 209 people logged on USEast yesterday. West, Europe and Asia were empty.

JK I don't have wc2 bnet edition anymore :(

3 minutes ago

sure the figures are garbage

maybe some bots, certianly the game list was blank

You have to go into the correct Channel. War2USEast-1 or something like that i forget :(
I love this game!