Author Topic: strange map, strange people  (Read 9241 times)

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
Re: strange map, strange people
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 05:43:23 PM »
whats up with the overalls lol
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 06:16:22 PM »
Map looks pretty dece.  Some of the mines can't be halled at easily though.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 09:12:58 PM »
yeah interesting map.. like blid said the gold mines should be opened up...i would also add more space between the 2 gold mines @ 6 and 9 o clock. i guess it could turn into an interesting battle if there were enemies at those positions.

i'd also get rid of the water @ bottom left and replace it with another corner gold mine like all of the other corners. whichever players start the left side of 6 o clock and the bottom side of 9 o clock are at obvious disadvantages late game.

Offline urnebesh

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 06:46:03 AM »
We don't have nearly as many girls!

yeah interesting map.. like blid said the gold mines should be opened up...i would also add more space between the 2 gold mines @ 6 and 9 o clock. i guess it could turn into an interesting battle if there were enemies at those positions.

i'd also get rid of the water @ bottom left and replace it with another corner gold mine like all of the other corners. whichever players start the left side of 6 o clock and the bottom side of 9 o clock are at obvious disadvantages late game.

Maybe I'm stating the obvious but this is played a team of four on one side and another team on the other side (Fixed Order, not Random). So, you can't get an enemy close to your mine.

Experience showed that there are no disadvantages to any player positions in terms of mine location. When you expand (whether it's to the islands or the upper right corner) you do that in agreement with the team leader and the rest of the team. It's not a matter of who's the closest to the mine but who needs it most.

We did discuss having a mine in the lower left corner too but if you have both oil and gold there then it would be too strong a position.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 07:04:48 AM »
guess we'd have to play it to just see how we liked it ...maybe u and your friends can make an account on server.war2.ru and play some war2 tonight :)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 09:05:45 AM »
We don't have nearly as many girls!

Maybe I'm stating the obvious but this is played a team of four on one side and another team on the other side (Fixed Order, not Random). So, you can't get an enemy close to your mine.

Experience showed that there are no disadvantages to any player positions in terms of mine location. When you expand (whether it's to the islands or the upper right corner) you do that in agreement with the team leader and the rest of the team. It's not a matter of who's the closest to the mine but who needs it most.

We did discuss having a mine in the lower left corner too but if you have both oil and gold there then it would be too strong a position.
The problem is sometimes the trees around the mine are crowding into where you'd want to build your hall.  The result is that you have to build a far away hall, or make a hall that's walled in against the trees and you can't get peons in and out without chopping away some trees.