War2.ru Slogan
News: All hail our wise & benevolent admins!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

Why Tora Tolerates Bullies 1635  94

Sappers Posts: 784 Karma: +52/-2 ******

BabyShark

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Why Tora Tolerates Bullies
« on: March 04, 2018, 08:55:41 AM »
Oh yeah, Tora tolerates bullies...because he IS one!

How can this kind of person be an admin of anything?

The job of community leaders is to protect the community, such as from bullying, harassment, and abuse.

LeeRoyJenkins is a habitual offender.

The evidence was brought forward.

Tora does nothing.

Then continues gaming with his buddy.

The community deserves better than this.

Tora should NOT be admin. He has shown that not only is he a bully himself, but he's again also proved he won't do a thing to stop community members from being harassed, bullied, and attacked on his watch.

Admins that only look out for themselves are not fit to be admins.

"LeeRoyJenkins is an active member blah blah blah"

So is TheGoodShepherd. And TheGoodShepherd is actually a nice person that you risk losing (which would be an actual LOSS to the community).

Losing bullies and horrible people like LeeRoyJenkins is a GAIN to the community, and opens up some clean air for the community to grow instead of being choked out by the putrid fumes of filth that Tora himself loves to wallow in.

Ogre Mage Posts: 2440 Karma: +77/-1 ********

tupac

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Why Tora Tolerates Bullies
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 10:31:58 AM »
Oh yeah, Tora tolerates bullies...because he IS one!

How can this kind of person be an admin of anything?

The job of community leaders is to protect the community, such as from bullying, harassment, and abuse.

LeeRoyJenkins is a habitual offender.

The evidence was brought forward.

Tora does nothing.

Then continues gaming with his buddy.

The community deserves better than this.

Tora should NOT be admin. He has shown that not only is he a bully himself, but he's again also proved he won't do a thing to stop community members from being harassed, bullied, and attacked on his watch.

Admins that only look out for themselves are not fit to be admins.

"LeeRoyJenkins is an active member blah blah blah"

So is TheGoodShepherd. And TheGoodShepherd is actually a nice person that you risk losing (which would be an actual LOSS to the community).

Losing bullies and horrible people like LeeRoyJenkins is a GAIN to the community, and opens up some clean air for the community to grow instead of being choked out by the putrid fumes of filth that Tora himself loves to wallow in.

Is tora the one exposing everybody's aka's while he is smurfing?
Ogre Mage Posts: 2171 Karma: +99/-6 The General ********

~ToRa~

• Ogre Mage
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 10:41:52 AM »
But you should be admin right BS?
"The Architect" Global Moderator Death Knight Posts: 4790 Karma: +183/-110 *****

eyyy im walkin here

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 10:43:53 AM »
Tora talked to Leeroy, who said he'd stop. Tora said if he didn't stop, action would be taken. It seems like the bullying has been dealt with, and now you're just hungry for revenge.

~ToRa~

• Ogre Mage
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 11:02:12 AM »
Leeroy has agreed to stop.

Thegoodshep made his point. GS and the water map community won't have to deal with him anymore.
Administrator Ogre Mage Posts: 1797 Karma: +96/-109 *****

mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 12:15:12 PM »
agree, he was asked & agreed to stop, if he does then perfect, if he doesn't then we can step in. TGS did the right thing documenting it well & reporting, hopefully this is the end of it

BabyShark

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 12:24:05 PM »
But you should be admin right BS?

A good admin cares about the community.

A good admin sets a positive example in speech and behavior.

A good admin will carry out discipline for the good of individuals and betterment of the community.

A good admin has a backbone, and does not wilt in the face of "powerful" scummy people.

A good admin doesn't spew out racist/sexist garbage.

A good admin can express his views, even when he disagrees, by addressing the topic rather than attacking someone's skin color or gender or appearance.

A good admin treats everyone fairly and equally, not showing partiality to friends or perceived "powerful/important" people.

I would be a good admin.

But I certainly don't want to be.

First of all, it's a job, and I recognize that. It requires dedication to be available and involved. It takes time. It takes dealing with annoying people. I get that. I don't want that.

Which is why I would really like to see the people who are admins do their job in a way that values people, all people, like the people who are just trying to enjoy the game but get harassed over and over and over again with no consequences for the creep.

Tora, I think you can step into it. The first step is to overcome your personal disdain for me because of my religion/race/skin color, and recognize that I dont hate you. I just want better from you.

You banned Fevertree once for SS dodge and that was good. Keep making the community better by stopping the crap.

Fevertree deserves a ban. It's for his good, for the good of Shep, for the good of everyone, to send a message that bullying will not be tolerated.

I would honestly and truly like to stand behind you and support you. If I see justice, goodness, fairness, care for the community from you, I'll be able to do that.

~ToRa~

• Ogre Mage
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 12:26:25 PM »
Bs are you sad because I told you that I didn’t like you?

BabyShark

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 12:41:54 PM »
Bs are you sad because I told you that I didn’t like you?

ROFL

If only your humor was intentional I wouldn't feel bad for you. :P

BabyShark

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 12:53:52 PM »
Tora talked to Leeroy, who said he'd stop. Tora said if he didn't stop, action would be taken. It seems like the bullying has been dealt with, and now you're just hungry for revenge.

Is that what you were hungry for when you banned Ripe?

How about Lethal~Viruz? Was that to quench your thirst for revenge?

Or is it called justice when it's in the proper avenue?

The appeal was made to the leaders of the community. That's the opposite of revenge. Revenge is when someone takes it into their own hands, which is what people can easily be pushed to when justice can't be found in the proper place.

Ie. If someone's sister gets raped and the police brush it off, the brother might go kill the rapist. That's revenge, because he isn't in the proper position of authority to carry out justice. The police doing their job and the justice system doing its job of either imprisoning or executing criminals is called justice, not revenge.

Likewise, if admins are called upon to carry out justice, it's not revenge.

All that people learn here is that the admins won't care anyway, and the people who are harassed will be brushed off and the crimes committed against them brushed under a rug like it never happened.

This community wouldn't be such garbage if there was some actual discipline happening.

And these 30 year olds only need to be disciplined like little bratty kids because they never grew up and stayed permanent juveniles.

I like this game. Warcraft 2 is a great game. I like a number of people who play. But the overall community is disgusting. And it stays that way because the admins don't carry out discipline when they need to.

When an appeal is made to the admins to intervene, the person who's been harassed shouldn't be brushed off like nothing. You think it's easy to appeal for help?

Berserker Posts: 543 Karma: +13/-3 *****

Antti_Kiviniemi

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 05:02:03 AM »
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

~ToRa~

• Ogre Mage
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 10:27:47 AM »
Hamlet: Act 1, scene 4, page 5.
"The Architect" Global Moderator Death Knight Posts: 4790 Karma: +183/-110 *****

eyyy im walkin here

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 10:54:46 AM »
babyshark, your obsession with ripe makes you look stupid.  that was a guy who was threatening to go on a murder rampage, and we've seen even in the recent news w/ the florida school shooting how threats like that sometimes can be carried out, and your endlessly, endlessly stanning for a professed white supremacist potential murderer is disgusting.

lethal viruz hacked and the hacking rule on this server is old as time.

believe it or not, the community never wanted rules against being mean.  a poll we held about 3 years ago found the following:
Insulting should cause nothing
Offensive language should cause nothing
Defaming and baseless accusations should cause nothing

on the other hand, we did find:
Using similar nicks/clantags and impersonating should cause muting
Spam, obnoxious pictures, offtopic garbage should cause muting

the last bit above might mostly have been referring to the forum rather than the server, but impersonating users has resulted in locked accounts, and spamming people can lead to a temp ban.  i would put ongoing harassment into that container also, not simply where someone dislikes you and insults you when they see you, but where they routinely follow you into your msgs, into games, where you have to squelch them constantly, etc.  we should make sure such targeted behavior stops, and if someone refuses to stop, we should do something about it.  but it seems tora has accomplished that.  if not, more action will be taken.

that's not like someone refusing a ss, which always has had a defined outcome, for literally a decade, and where the user in question, lethal~viruz, outright refused to post it, because "everyone knows him," which was intentional defiance of a rule with a known punishment and an open and shut situation
Ogre Mage Posts: 2473 Karma: +47/-7 ********

tk[as]

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 12:38:54 PM »
Not sure when the discussion took place.. But fevertree aka leeroy was doing the same shit yesterday that hes been doing the last few months.

I personally feel like it's a community's responsibility to alienate him from their games. Not the admins responsibility to punish them. If the host of the game is being abusive towards other players stand up for each other and leave the game. Get somebody else to start a new game. As long as you stay and his games while he is being abusive nothing will change
Ogre Mage Posts: 2473 Karma: +47/-7 ********

tk[as]

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 12:39:19 PM »
Strength in numbers. People stand together and all leave his games he will stop doing it plain and simple