Author Topic: x  (Read 22959 times)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: Why Tora Tolerates Bullies
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2018, 04:44:05 PM »
Okay well I’m sry on behalf of the admin team we offended you by banning your husband.

Your SS request from d@ta was ignored by me because you posted it in the moderated section. I didn’t notice it until you made a fake SS request from swift. After which it made little sence to pursue.
war2 > war3

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 04:54:17 PM »
It looks like Mouse was planning to handle it, so it wasn't intentionally ignored.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 05:06:26 PM »
^^that to
war2 > war3

Offline GreenPlastic

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 06:41:20 PM »
Lethal Viruz deserved the ban for failing to produce a screenshot.  That is exactly what is fair because the rules on that are clear.  Your fight is with how they allow Yamon to continuously be a dickbag to the community while having no redeeming qualities.  Numerous people have complained about Yamon both on the server, on the forums, on discord or whatever voice app is popular at the time and then they forget because Yamon likes to play them for fools and he'll go silent for a while. 

I think that you do more harm to LethalViruz's credibility by constantly reminding everyone he is a hacker.  It probably isn't your intention but every time you talk about it you reset the timer in people's heads for forgetting about it.  At this point, he'll be lucky to be able to use that name to play on without being called a hacker all the time.  Think about the fact that Teaboy rarely gets talked about now and he was one of the most unrepentant hackers that .ru has seen.  He just decided to go silent on the issue and it 97% went away for him.  You are stealing that ability from your so called friend by championing a cause that no one will ever see eye to eye with you about.  It's like you rip the stitches right out of his reputation to prove that there is a cut and just how deep it went.  In the mind of legit players such as myself, no screenshot and no post is a hacker conviction.  Even when paperboy is rage asking for screenshots, most of us take them to avoid this type of situation.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2018, 07:15:47 PM »
Do I feel bad for giving lethal a 3 day ban? No.
But I am apologizing to you for it because he was one of your family members so naturally you will feel defensive and angry about it.

You should understand this is a video game. Players do routinely play intoxicated and can be douchbags at times.
I am well aware that TGS quit war2 for a month because he got tired of being harassed by Leeroy. Upon TGS’s return recently I told him next time something like that happened to tell me and not just quit. Which he subsequently did after Leeroy kept at it. I spoke to leeroy at length and played a couple games with him, he understands the situation and that he can’t keep bombarding TGS endlessly and unprovoked. I do believe Leeroy has stopped and if he doesn’t he will get a ban plain and simple.

Realize myself, Blid, and mouse will always look for as many excuses not to ban someone before actually banning someone.
war2 > war3

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2018, 07:14:22 AM »
Had a really good chicken kebab yesterday. It was so yummy.

mmmm. Kebab  ^-^
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline jordan4385

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2018, 09:26:17 AM »
Can a grown ass man actually be bullied over the internet on a video game?

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2018, 09:41:12 AM »
babyshark is such a feeler. i don't understand, every time something happens it's a big giant issue. People on this server DO NOT think that people's behaviors should be regulated to fit what you think "appropriate" behavior should be. If i am a "dickbag" to people, then I deal with the consequences. the door swings both ways. I don't care about anyone on this game, in turn I don't expect anyone to care about me. No one is going to have a policy debate on the server based on feelings. If you have a rational argument, present it. I'm not even trying to be confrontational or malicious. I'm letting you know so that you know. Most people are somewhere between thinkers and feels, i'm 92% thinking. Which means that your concept of "regulating bullying" is absolutely absurd to me. And I know it isn't to you. But People DO NOT share your opinions on regulating people's behavior. This type of server policy will result in more people leaving, and it will be WORSE for the community. It's common knowledge that word and thought policing is always a slippery slope. I think you have to be more objective and rational with your forum posts. They're always slanted based on how you interpret a situation, instead of what happened. Not that this isn't a common occurrence, however you do want to be aware of how you're policing yourself over a long period of time. Sometimes, even with my struggles I have to surrender what I think is true, and what I think is right, and take a look at other people's perspectives, even though I KNOW they're wrong. But unfortunately, we have to live with other people in this world. You don't have to agree with someone to see where they're coming from though. This is something that people DO NOT understand, and NEVER practice. It's something that I naturally have to practice (because my beliefs are extremely contrary to everyone else's), but no one ever does it for me. Ever. But the bottom line is, always blaming everyone else, even if it's true it's their fault, isn't going to do YOU any good in the long run. If you are having problems, find the cause and solution within yourself.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:12:11 AM by Yamon »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2018, 12:51:02 PM »
This community would be a lot better if it hosted annual bisexual orgies and somehow incorporated warcraft2 into the fk fest... Costumes and game play maybe. Idk.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2018, 01:18:54 PM »
You gotta come chill with me tk. We would have fun chasing asian and russian girls.
war2 > war3

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2018, 01:39:09 PM »
a bar with war2 omg

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2018, 03:08:20 PM »
wow, tk might actually be onto something
squeak!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2018, 04:56:31 PM »
Most people are somewhere between thinkers and feels, i'm 92% thinking.

This from the girl who sits around 24-7 dumping out her handbag in the main discord channel.

This community would be a lot better if it hosted annual bisexual orgies and somehow incorporated warcraft2 into the fk fest... Costumes and game play maybe. Idk.

Yeah for a team-building exercise angle I like your thinking, but 90% of the people are just..... OMG No. They don't make costumes that effective.
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2018, 05:31:19 PM »
that's because i have tangible skills that can help people. you can configure pieces of plastic, and write numbers on a screen. In which consequently, i'm just as skilled in, if not more. But my principles and values didn't allow me to devote my life to meaningless and selfish goals. I care more about the intricacies of the world, how everything is related, what the solutions are and where I fit in the big picture. You're worried about your paycheck for dinner. Netflix and chill. Aka mind control and social engineering and chill eating poisonous food which damages your brain, and has clearly done so much already. You won't be able to tell me anything real, but you will be able to tell me your opinion of game of thrones, or what's your favorite scripting language.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 05:37:38 PM by Yamon »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2018, 07:14:37 PM »
costumes sound fun.