yes
8 (47.1%)
no
6 (35.3%)
undecided
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: March 14, 2018, 07:17:40 PM

Author Topic: Warcraft 2 Ru's Policy on harassment  (Read 28460 times)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Warcraft 2 Ru's Policy on harassment
« on: March 07, 2018, 06:16:36 PM »
Harassment

In general, social behavior on the server is dealt with at the user-level.  When encountering unwanted messages from others, a user may choose to simply not listen, use the /squelch command, use the /dnd command, or ban the offending user from their games as necessary. 

However, occasionally harassment may arise, at which point administrators will step in.  Harassment will be considered to have taken place when a user makes a routine of bothering another user across multiple gaming sessions, and does in a persistent manner such that usual responses, such as typing /squelch once time each log-in session, fail to adequately handle the issue.

When a user is committing harassment, they will be warned by administrators, and failure to correct their behavior will lead to a ban.
war2 > war3

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
Re: Warcraft 2 Ru's Policy on harassment
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 06:37:43 PM »
Why not use the same policy for SS and hacking then?

Every time someone's caught hacking, like Swift, Teaboy, Allstar, and others have been, just tell them not to do it again.

Hacking does not ruin the game nearly as much as the vitriolic behavior of other users. Hacking ruins the game alright, but other user behavior is a much bigger issue affecting the ability of users to enjoy the game.

I'm currently reporting Swift harassment. I'd like you to ask him to not join my games or message me in the future. Thanks.

And LeeRoyJenkins private msg harassment.

And Ogremage false rape accusations against a player harassment and threatening unwanted real life contact and death wishes to my family harassment.

If anyone here doesnt think harassment or bullying isn't a big deal, please include your main server aka below and I can show you what harassment looks like once I'm done my 2 week ban by mimicking it for a month or however long it takes you to lose your mind.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 05:33:38 PM by BabyShark »

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 06:49:11 PM »
@iL

You need to remove the quota flood control on squelch! I will release my autologin and auto squelch.

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 06:52:38 PM »
While I think it is perfectly normal to have a certain amount of salt between players and I do believe squelching is more than enough to solve most one to one problems.
There is one case though were one person will affect more than just one player and has to be warned and punished accordingly if we want to help advertising the game:

We should simply adopt a terms of use policy that punishes racism & hatred toward minorities just like almost all other gaming platform do.
All that crap that is non-game related does damage our community and our reputation toward new comers / viewers believe it or not.

This is maybe one of the only thing I would like admins to be able to address because it has happened in a streamed game chat that such a comment appear and it is damaging and out of place.
Just like kids when they don't understand what is the limit between asking a person a candy and robbing it from them we need to set limits too because some people wont behave otherwise.

Offline jordan4385

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 07:57:36 PM »
If anyone here doesnt think harassment or bullying isn't a big deal, please include your main server aka below and I can show you what harassment looks like once I'm done my 2 week ban by mimicking it for a month or however long it takes you to lose your mind.

Jordan4385, 00jordanus, 00Jordan, toungsta. I cant' wait until you start harassing me babyshark.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 08:24:45 PM by jordan4385 »

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 08:29:40 PM »
ROFL

No. You're exempt.

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 10:44:05 PM »
Kleenex and squelch should be plenty.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 10:51:38 PM »
Honestly if we could just get people to grow-tf-up.

If you are a racist, a classist, a misogynist, a homophobe, a biggot or have any other socially unacceptable disorder then:

A) definately don't stream it.
  B) don't inflict it on random players ESPECIALLY newbs.
  C) preferably keep it out of chat and this forum alltogether.
  D) regardless of you own private opinion, unless you are actually at a KKK meeting, seriously consider keeping it out of all social interactions with all human beings and you may discover that you have more friends.

If you have an issue wiith another player and you really need to say something just tell them where to go then stop talking. The person who keeps going on with it by themselves always looks worse. Let them go.

Don't mess with other people's religions. Religion is NOT rational. You cannot rationalize any religious debate, by definition they are about faith not logic. I'm pretty sure no person has ever been converted to another religion playing on this server and nobody ever will.

If one of the few really screwed up players we have is genuinely harassing you and it has gone too far, contact one of the admins and they will try to help..... but just remember that those people go around being nasty to everyone at some time or another and everyone knows who they are and that it is not really about you it is about them being stuck in their own sad heads.

Carrying on this type of behaviour is DUMB. I'm sure all of us - including myself - have been guilty of it at one time or another but we need to be smarter. If we could all just behave like intelligent prople having FUN, 99% of new players might not just say "eww" and go play something else.

This is all basic stuff - it pretty much defines the social line between children and adults.

GROWTFU social noobs.

:critter:

-- EDIT --

and BTW if you're sexually harassing the one regular female player we have here, you are a sad, sad person. Go look at youself in the mirror.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 11:00:40 PM by Lambchops »
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 06:12:33 AM »
Wow, you guys are so lucky you never played this game during the golden and very competitive years

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 07:22:16 AM »
"Also TK sexual harassment requiring numerous /dnd /squelch."

i've only sexually harassed you like twice. geez... that's like 20 times less than ive sexually harassed most men on here.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 08:42:18 AM »
Wow, you guys are so lucky you never played this game during the golden and very competitive years

hah

been playing since the pre-release demo came out

we are not children any more.

and TBH I though the big-mouths were dicks back then too.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 08:46:23 AM »
"Also TK sexual harassment requiring numerous /dnd /squelch."

i've only sexually harassed you like twice. geez... that's like 20 times less than ive sexually harassed most men on here.

My comment was not specifically directed at you, however I'm pretty sure you wouldn't do it if you were sitting in her living room (not more than once anyway ;) ). No need to do it here.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 08:53:15 AM »
The whole point of Warcraft 2 is to escape reality. It's the reason we play it. We are not in the real world. We are in the virtual world. And in the virtual world we do and say things we would not normally do and say in the real world. That's just the way it is

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2018, 08:57:59 AM »
I personally accept the fact that I will also be talked to in a manner online that I would never be talked to in the real world.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 09:17:54 AM »
I personally accept the fact that I will also be talked to in a manner online that I would never be talked to in the real world.

Very true.
war2 > war3