yes
8 (47.1%)
no
6 (35.3%)
undecided
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: March 14, 2018, 07:17:40 PM

Author Topic: Warcraft 2 Ru's Policy on harassment  (Read 28453 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Warcraft 2 Ru's Policy on harassment
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2018, 08:32:37 PM »
How does swift get to trash talk you lone? You dominate him on fastest.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2018, 10:57:58 PM »
If you ban trash talking, Swift will stop winning games in chat lobby and get raped 24/7.

Lol. I’ll still beat ya!
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline woot.

• Grunt
  • we r a dying breed...tolerate 1 another...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2018, 04:59:18 PM »
Antti_Kiviniemi  ;D 
New Ideaology - "Most likely the product of suppressing nostalgia from oneself
to retaliate transgression from egocentric agendas." © WooT. 2017

i can be a bit oxymoron at times help me with english.. i am a hs drop out and and english is not my first language so gyeh..

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2018, 10:25:30 PM »
LeeRoyJenkins has continued to repeatedly spam me with unwanted private messages every time I log on.

I do not talk to this person, I do not game with this person, I do not engage him in any way, ever.

Yet he continues to ruin my gaming experience with endless spamming.

I will explain why /dnd and /ignore LeeRoyJenkins are not enough.

Using the /dnd feature works only until I reconnect, and it also deprives me of a component of the gaming experience that should be fully functioning, that is, I should be able to whisper and receive whispers from friends that I want to hear from, who are also blocked by /dnd.

Typing /ignore LeeRoyJenkins during a game when my screen is spammed up with his nonsense takes only seconds, yes, but seconds count and that little interruption to what is going on in the game can easily ruin the game, especially in situations like getting the first hit with peon, cancelling building, UC early game etc., where you can't afford to miss a second.

This is getting ridiculous. This guy is some kind of obsessive creep and my having to be subject to this kind of harassment every time I log on is retarded.

I haven't been taking SS's every day when he msges me, since there are already 500 SS's of him harassing various people.

I took one pic tonight, but there are many, many, many, especially during games I didn't take since there's no shortage of evidence that this guy is a problem.

I'll clarify that this isn't about *WHAT* the person is saying, nor am I suggesting that people should be babysat so no one is allowed to be "mean". This is about an ongoing, routine spamming up of the screen during games that ruins the games. The pictures tend to be of chat channel since that's when I'm not concentrating on something else, but it shows that the guy has a serious issue with repetitive unwanted one-way messaging. This is similar to the problem that was had before with the "XXXX has added you to friend list" spamming that was happening until it was removed because it was interfering with game play.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 10:37:43 PM by BabyShark »

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2018, 10:35:36 PM »
i warned him again today but he seems pretty hostile & unreceptive to the suggestion that he stop doing what he's doing. i agree that you shouldn't have to deal with someone spamming you crap while you're trying to play for weeks on end. i can't really ban him indefinitely, but if he's going to insist on being a horse's ass then i can kick him off the server and give a 30min tempban to disrupt his playing like he's disrupting yours. 
squeak!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2018, 10:45:49 PM »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2018, 10:10:21 AM »
oh and another great byproduct of identifying and hooking the messaging procs for the hosting issue is that we would be able to fix the /squelch command at the same time, so it doesn't expire at the end of every game :)

It could even be done with a squelch.txt file in the wc2 folder with a permenant list of names, although I'm not sure if that would be the best thing for the community in the long run.... mind you then we could distribute CE with leeroy, van and a couple of others pre-written into the squelch.txt to avoid scaring of noobs ;)
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2018, 10:42:09 AM »
ctrl-p if he msgs you in game

Offline Disgruntled

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2018, 01:26:30 PM »
 Leroy should be banned for a good while every time he does this.  He's a toxic dick whos a long time repeat offender.
Squelch.txt is great idea
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 01:31:07 PM by Disgruntled »