Author Topic: First Casualty to New Anti-Homophobic Speech Ban Rule: Blid  (Read 11403 times)

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
First Casualty to New Anti-Homophobic Speech Ban Rule: Blid
« on: March 09, 2018, 12:10:57 AM »
Blid posted this video:

10 Amazing Comebacks and Insults - YouTube

Containing homophobic language: "INSULT: YOU'RE GAY"

I've included an educational guide here to educate the community on homophobic language:

https://www.stonewall.org.uk/sites/default/files/tackling_homophobic_language_-_teachers_guide.pdf

I'll highlight a few pertinent sections.

The most common form of homophobic language is ‘that’s so gay’
and ‘you’re so gay’. 99 per cent of gay young people report hearing
the casual use of these phrases in school. These comments are
sometimes directed towards people who are actually, or perceived to
be, gay. However, they are most often used to mean that something
is bad or rubbish, with no conscious link to sexual orientation at all.
A pupil might say ‘those trainers are so gay’ (to mean rubbish or
uncool) or ‘stop being so gay’ (to mean stop being so annoying).
Teachers sometimes don’t feel they have to challenge this secondary
use of ‘gay’.
(page 4)

Homophobic language also refers to terms of abuse specifically
directed at gay people. This includes words such as ‘queer’, ‘poof’,
‘fag’, ‘faggot’, ‘dyke’ and ‘lezza’.
(page 5)

Words or phrases that wrongly imply an individual’s membership of a group
and/or refer to that particular group in a derogatory way are wrong
(e.g. faggot, that’s so gay, you’re so gay).
(page 15)

Blid, I think you should show that you believe what you say you believe about homophobic language and give yourself a 2 week self ban from server and forum to set an example of conduct for the community.

Then follow through and ban every single user who uses the homophobic terms "faggot" or "you're so gay" or "that's so gay" or uses the term "gay" in any negative way.

Then ban all people who identify as Muslim, since the Islamic religion calls for the killing of homosexuals, unless they renounce their religion.

Abu Dawud (4462) - The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, "Whoever you find doing the action of the people of Loot, execute the one who does it and the one to whom it is done."  (This is a sahih hadith)

Abu Dawud (4448) - "If a man who is not married is seized committing sodomy, he will be stoned to death." (Note the implicit approval of sodomizing one's wife).

And then, of course, ban all Christians who recognize the penis and vagina were designed to go together. I will never renounce my religion, so you should just make it permanent.

Believe it or not, this was a pro-gay ad by KLM Royal Dutch Airlines:

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 12:33:08 AM by BabyShark »

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: First Casualty to New Anti-Homophobic Speech Ban Rule: Blid
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 01:17:49 AM »
Damn, and I've been putting so much effort into learning tower gay strats :o Does this mean that tower gays are banned as well?

I seriously think you should spend little less time thinking about homosexuality BS. There are more important things in the world to worry about than gayness... true.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 03:27:35 AM »
Well terms of use apply only to what comes after they are released makes sense right?
Also people would have to be reporting you for offending them that means you went sufficiently far that they would feel like doing so everyone has its own limits most of us wont just report every transgressions this is for dealing with repeated and damaging behaviors.

Now back on your interesting statements:
Some people just feel like they should care about what others like to do in their home and bed rooms and in their private circle and life.

I don't care what people's tastes are, people are born like that like it or not.
Some people just have a female brain in a man's body and vice versa studies prove it.
Which is sad for them when you think about it and is pretty fucked up.

I don't really question nature's way if there is a god like you seem to believe and that he created humanity, maybe he did make them like that for a reason maybe he wanted humans to stop reproducing or something he might have been very drunk cause that's fucked up but eh that's life right? Who are we to judge?

Now some are more lucky than others maybe the lucky one should have a duty to make life easier for the less blessed ones seems about fair right?
Maybe not looking down at disabled people and minorities could be a good start?

Now about your beliefs:
The book that so called Christians say they believe in explicitly says all mans are equal before god and one shall not judge. And that is like only in one of the first pages.

It is amazing how people take from the book what they want but ditch the rest when it pleases them.

Think about it if people would just stop judging each others for one second how beautiful life would be.

You want to show how good a believer you are, start by respecting your own book's values not just the ones you pick or other people select for you.

If believing is to make you a good person start by just that, take from it what will make you a good person.
 :critter:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 04:14:17 AM by Cel »

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 06:42:56 AM »
Both of you completely missed the point and are not responding to anything in the actual above post.

I have no objection to people being banned for using terms like "faggot" or "you're so gay". Good for blid if he wants to do that. But to be fair, he can't exclude himself from his own rules. He can't preach anti-homophobia and blast homophobic content without looking like a fool or hypocrite of mass proportions.

If anyone ever sees me use those terms (and I don't), please report me immediately.

When it comes to my religious beliefs, if he wants to hate and ban me for my religious beliefs, well now he is becoming the intolerant bigot he condemns by hating on a religious minority.

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 07:30:37 AM »
Babyshark i have a challenge for you: using context, can you guess the actual reason i posted that image (not video btw)? do you understand what it might have meant, or are you honestly too deficient to understand?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 07:37:23 AM by eyyy im walkin here »

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 08:03:36 AM »
Definitely too deficient to understand why an adult would post such juvenile content, yes.

But not too deficient to understand that you want to make rules that apply to some people and not others (like yourself).

Even the supporters of banning homophobic speech quickly run the other way when it comes time to assess what homophobic speech actually looks like according to written societal standards.

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 09:26:31 AM »
"Containing homophobic language: "INSULT: YOU'RE GAY"

you should be banned for concern trolling. it's well documented that you do not care for homosexuals.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 10:16:52 AM »

you know, i know, and everyone else knows that posting this image wouldnt be against any rule.  fuck off you twisted bigot, stop spreading hate and peddling dishonest trash

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 10:22:49 AM »
i didnt call anyone gay or attack anyone, i posted a "funny" comeback to people saying "youre gay" because i was laughing at how juvenile the exchange was and how it reminded me of this community.  not hard to understand, but of course you deliberately go out of your way to misunderstand it, and then even go look up the video the screencap comes from and say i posted it, because youre a total weirdo and thats what you do.  you lie and make up dishonest arguments that dont even fucking make sense to anyone but yourself, so you can delusionally attempt to claim some moral high ground despite your own disgusting evil gay-hating ways.  you hate people for who they are, and you lie and try to paint random people as bad.  youre just a mean shitty person

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 10:26:29 AM »
Blid, I think you should show that you believe what you say you believe about homophobic language and give yourself a 2 week self ban from server and forum to set an example of conduct for the community.
when did i even say people would get 2 weeks ban for homophobic language you psychotic freak.  you cant get a single thing straight, everything you post is dishonest gibberish

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 11:29:56 AM »
Edit: replaced 25 sec version with 9 sec version.
Very prudent.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 11:56:03 AM »
why are you so concerned that you may of even said something homophobic? I genuinely do not understand. I find your profile picture offensive,i always have. But I don't say anything about it. Because I don't care. You have your right to free speech. There are no exceptions to true free speech. So apparently no one here believes in it one way or another. " hate speech" is not real. it's make believe.

"your own disgusting evil gay-hating ways ", what evidence do you have that hating gays is objectively disgusting? or would you admit that's just your personal belief based on nothing but your own perception? And I say that as a person who has had to deal with various gay people throughout my life, never ever saying anything "bigoted" to them once, or judging them. I've had to be room mates with gay people, not a single incident. The topic never arose. Personally I do not believe that homosexuality is moral. I don't go around calling people who don't agree with me bigots. Seriously, it's like because you hear that "homophobic slurs, or statements" are bad on your television, they are actually bad? monkey see, monkey do?

And you're a grown man trashing on a mentally unstable woman. Why even respond to her shitposting in the first place? Was it an opportunity to call someone a bigot?

And this is what I picture babyshark doing when she gets off of the forums:

crying & eating pizza - YouTube
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 12:17:39 PM by Yamon »

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 12:19:36 PM »
yamon's takes lol

"hate speech isn't real"

"hating gay people isn't objectively wrong"

you suck boy.  how many meds on you on anyways? you're a fucking mess.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 01:24:23 PM »
yamon's takes lol

"hate speech isn't real"

"hating gay people isn't objectively wrong"

you suck boy.  how many meds on you on anyways? you're a fucking mess.

you're an emotional baby. you should limit your estrogen exposure.

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
Re: First Casualty to New Anti-Homophobic bSpeech Ban Rule: Blid
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2018, 01:49:18 PM »
ROFL

I would cry too if someone served me pizza that nasty. :)

I really should abolish occasional pizza eating and take up smoking!

Thanks, Doc!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 01:51:37 PM by BabyShark »