Author Topic: Hey Stop That!.pud  (Read 3613 times)

Offline Nedro

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Hey Stop That!.pud
« on: April 21, 2018, 07:29:18 PM »
by Lambchops and -Nedro-

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Stop That!.pud
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 03:12:40 AM »

Half-baked idea I had. If it works it will be because of all the time and thought Nedro put into it.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 03:19:24 AM by Lambchops »
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 11:14:36 AM »
don't sell yourself short lamby, it's a reallly cool idea :D and it's nice to see you & others being inspired to create new maps lately and great that you & Nedro collabed on it! we had 1 game on it yesterday that was a lotta fun, interesting nib wars & lots of exciting chaos in general. id upload the replay but my playing is pretty typically underwhelming to put it nicely ^-^ hopefully more good games & replays happen soon
squeak!

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 03:26:17 PM »
I have to admit, in spite of my excitement and anticipation to try out this awesome-looking map, my first few games at it made me annoyed!

I couldn't find any openings, couldn't get anywhere, and got towered to death within minutes.

I didn't give up on the map, and kept at it. Eventually I was able to win at it because I allied someone really good who was able to carry after I died fast and he beat 2 people.

Some food, like chips or fast food drive through garbage, are popular crowd-pleasers, instantly pleasurable.

If you do not want to be obese, you will play this map.

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline Nedro

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 11:27:22 PM »
lamby came up with this concept.  i did some polishing.  we have him to thank.

i encourage players of this map to chop out (directly below them for top spots and directly above for bottom spots) rather than try to offensively navigate through the tiny weaving corridors.  mill nearby the chop out if it helps.  also, saps are quite strong.  they'll be at least one spot around the perimeter of your opponent's base that can be sapped if not three or four.  the blasts won't exactly be speedy rewalls for them either.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 10:09:14 AM »
I think it works better with 4s than with less players

The idea was to encourage tower wars between the spots while allowing space to power on the back side of each.

The layout of the ally/enemy start positions would assign different roles to the different players. I've only seen a couple of games played on it, but it seems to work differently with empty spots.

All the bases are 2 chops out - like chopping behind the mine at 6 - or from 9 to s9. You can be out before your second farm is built if you want. People seemed to miss this and try to send units out through the corridors between spots. Those corridors are only open to allow people to rush peons out for attacking strats or dualing/moving to mid at start if they want.

Maybe a 96x96 4 or 6 player version would work better for less players idk.
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Nedro

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 12:16:27 PM »
i agree the more players the better, 6+.