Author Topic: NON-GOW DAY  (Read 4916 times)

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
NON-GOW DAY
« on: February 14, 2015, 09:58:06 PM »
once in a month declare the non gow day

and the player that plays most (official blizzard) non gow maps that day, gets a cool tag or something., the tag only lasts until next nongow day.

or even once in a week... like " Nongow sundays" or something.

need to encourage  true war2 gameplay......this is retardedness, im beginning to think theres a big part of the gow community that are total newbtards outside of gow.

war2 isnt gow.

the one that played most and more variety of official blizzard non gow maps that day

*edit
gets a cool tag and gets 10 losses discounted off his stats!!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:15:39 PM by SmurfKinG »

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: How about
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 03:27:45 AM »
I like you idea. I love gow NOW but 15 year ago I would NEVER play gow because that is all everyone played. I thought it was terrible that everyone played 1 map. There are a lot of good maps out there and you guys showcase that in the tournaments.

Even though, "non gow day" might be silly, in a way, I think if you even mention it or proclaim it, at least SOME people will make non gow maps that day. Good idea.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 03:43:57 AM »
if we had a point-based ladder, certain maps could give certain point boosts, for example +30% for all non-gow maps during the non-gow day.

as for "non-gow day" just for the sake of it, its pretty stupid. there is literally zero things preventing you from hosting the map u like and zero things preventing others from joining. why not just join some ayn and see who joins or find people with common taste to yours, and play with them?

i, for one, dont need a chopchop day to play chop.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 09:07:24 AM »
most people wouldn't even know it was non gow day in the first place or care in the second place.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 12:06:55 PM »
most people wouldn't even know it was non gow day in the first place or care in the second place.

Sad but true.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 01:40:18 PM »
if we had a point-based ladder, certain maps could give certain point boosts, for example +30% for all non-gow maps during the non-gow day.

as for "non-gow day" just for the sake of it, its pretty stupid. there is literally zero things preventing you from hosting the map u like and zero things preventing others from joining. why not just join some ayn and see who joins or find people with common taste to yours, and play with them?

i, for one, dont need a chopchop day to play chop.

ladder points sounds like a good idea also.

and i so do host my non gow games all the time. sometimes i get lucky, sometimes i don't, like yesterday, was hosting for 3 hours straight nongow map, was a 2v2 map. never filled the room. not even 3players at the time. whereas on friday i did play some with a map i made.(also a 2v2)

thats why i think a little external encouragement would help.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:52:01 PM by SmurfKinG »

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 01:43:01 PM »

Sad but true.

on the contrary,  when other peeps see you with a cool tag nobody else has i doubt they'll be THAT indiferent as you put it.
 they'll be asking why and how he got it.

lay off the negativity dudes.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 01:44:49 PM »
if you want people to play other maps why don't you just host other maps?
Kali IGL Stats

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 01:48:26 PM »
i just  replied that in my post above (the one i quoted claw), why dont you read thread before making a new post ganz

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
Re: NON-GOW DAY
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 03:30:35 PM »
too time consuming, I usually just read the main post and sometimes skim through the replies.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 03:45:46 PM »

theres a sayin,  "The quieter you become to more you are able to hear"
which can be applied in forums..... it could be  instead of hearing, reading. same thing.

but now you have 2 posts that triggered your question

if you want people to play other maps why don't you just host other maps?

too time consuming, I usually just read the main post and sometimes skim through the replies.

You tell me what is more time consuming.

Hearing (reading)properly, or .....

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 09:03:04 PM »

Sad but true.

on the contrary,  when other peeps see you with a cool tag nobody else has i doubt they'll be THAT indiferent as you put it.
 they'll be asking why and how he got it.

lay off the negativity dudes.

I'll play any map anytime. Playing the campaign plenty of times in recent years helps has made me always open to map variety in all honesty, it does get you used to alot of different environments, such as unfair starting spots, fucked up halls, water maps etc. Granted in the campaign your not vsing players, but you do get used to a map variety after a while.  (If im very unfamiliar with the map I prefer not to 2s incase of raging allies, but I'm always down to 1s on unfamiliar maps) I just don't think other gow only players are as likely to play other maps. The customs community would probably play any non-gow map, like a water map for example. I just see the gowers having a hard time breaking that cycle and maybe only playing the occasional NWTR or POS.

If im ever on and you ever wanna play me in a non-gow map lemme know.

Map variety also makes humans a much more playable race then on gow. Specially with water maps and unfamiliar maps.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 11:59:15 PM »
i dont like 1s in any map.. bores me
and thats the prob, to aim for a 2v2... get 3 other players to join and stay  :P
there so many 2v2 cool blizzard maps....

anyway
i did get to play some games on a map i made

ill post it here

its a gimmick 32x32 fast map  but fun :P

its got a 15k mine each corner, and a 80k mine in middle..... middle mine cant be secured (no building towers cuz of dirt terrain). you  can build ur hall near it and mine away.

theres limited build space so u have to chop to make room.

THE CLASH ver 1.2 PUD
 8)