Author Topic: 2v2 Newb + Pro Team Ultimate Face Off June 4th 10 pm EDT Fresh Assorted Maps!!!!  (Read 20804 times)

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
You guys are right. If disgruntled is still around and it's not too late, I'll commit to playing in the tournament. Hope lag isn't an issue hehe.
I love this game!

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
By the way I think I might have the old version of VV. But I do not understand what is the fuss with the oil patches?

In general the newer version is meant to balance the spots so that there is not 1 super weak spot like it was in the original one.

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
what is 1300? Do i have enough? I need an ally to, i think ring is going with he-man. Maps I want to play Violent Voyage version 1 with straight oil patches, and Halo .

I'm sorry @TOFU but the deadline to register for this one was May 21, but if you want to show up on June 4th as an emergency backup in the event a contestant is ill or otherwise upheld, you are welcome to do so.

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
Nice choice Kagan.

So 6 teams...
You have forgotten to add Disgruntled and Masta at the first post!

For round robin that is 15 matches if we also make it 3games for getting points that is 45 games!!!
Sounds cool :-) (5 * 3) matches for each team!

45 games? Lol no. That's crazy. In double round robin each team would play each other team twice, whoever takes most wins overall is winner, if there is a tie, tiebreaker match decides.

So it should be 10 games per team with possible tiebreaker.

I will post the games (matchups and maps) on Saturday morning. Any team not entering maps selections into the playing pool by then forfeits the chance to do so.

I plan to use tournamentscheduler.net automatic generator to randomly assign maps and matchups and will post them here on Saturday.

EXAMPLE schedule only: http://tournamentscheduler.net/schedule/NTc0NzgwNzMxNg

(Actual schedule will be posted Saturday morning to allow teams to enter their maps by then.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 12:43:00 PM by BabyShark »

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!

Offline Ring62

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Yes cause the VV map has been remade 2 times. There are 3 versions of it. The third 1 is better than the second 1 but the first 1 is the best cause the oil patch with the mine make a straight line on every base. Thats how it was way better. Now if u look version 2 and 3 the oil patch and the mine make not a straight line they are in diagonal.

Offline Disgruntled

• Grunt
    • View Profile
team: masta{hr} / disgruntled (Team Double Newb)

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
Monday Moonlight Madness Schedule

Please remember to post Insight replays for all games. :)

This will be fun!

Let me know if there are any questions.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 10:49:45 PM by BabyShark »

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
I know you all are out of your minds excited for tonight but do try to make it through the day without exploding so we have all of our players intact for tonight's fun fight!

@Disgruntled @MaStA{hR} Are you in agreement with ring62 about which Violent Voyage map you want to use for tourney? He wants the first version I think.

I usually delete old versions as maps are updated so I no longer have the old versions, so one of you needs to make sure to bring the version you want if it's not the current as he updated it after this competition was announced.

Offline Disgruntled

• Grunt
    • View Profile
any versions fine

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
All good. They will lose regardless. :)
I love this game!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Haha thanks to viruz for carrying my newb ass  :))

Great idea for a tourney. Loved the Noob + Pro thing.

I ended up playing some games with people that I wouldn't normally play with and had a ball. I think the format is good for the community, and just good fun in general.

Well done babyshark :)

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
It is a pity my Pard didn't show up :-/
Anyhow, nice going Human Peasant and BabyShark. At the Next one, I hope I have a partner to play against you.

Cheerios

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Cool replay from the tourney.

See Lambchops destroy Igog and Masta 2v1 on Zones!.... Well ok, maybe viruz helped a little bit. But it was definately my awesome skills that won it.  ;)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Here's BabyShark and HumanPeasant vs. [^d]Ares and die.fledermouse

Offline KagaN

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
Oh damn, sorry Igognito(
I thought this tourney will start like always at night (in our timezone).

Wheres schedule?