Author Topic: A new Indie RTS in the style of Warcraft 2  (Read 3679 times)

Offline IBarcia

• Peon
    • View Profile
A new Indie RTS in the style of Warcraft 2
« on: May 03, 2018, 05:51:32 PM »
Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum. First of all, I am not sure if this message will be considered off topic , if it is so, please accept my apologies and I won't contact again regarding this issue. I wouldn't like to disturb anyone.

I am writing in this forum because I am searching people to test an indie RTS that I am developing together with another colleague. The game is in alpha state and there is a playable demo ready after 1 year of work. As the main inspiration for the game was Warcraft 2 (and I am a Warcraft 2 fan myself) I thought this could be a good place to find old school RTS lovers that would like to try our game and give us precious feedback. We are searching for few people that are interesting in spending some time with our game and dwell a little bit into as an opposition to a casual feedback from tens and tens of users that hardly try the game. As good feedback is not easy to find, we thought an experienced community interested in this genre could be a good place to find them.

Any members that are interested please contact me answering this thread.

Thank you very much. As I said at the start of this message, I apologize if this is off topic here and I will stop as soon as you consider this is not the place to search for specific users.

Best Regards

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Re: A new Indie RTS in the style of Warcraft 2
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 04:22:33 PM »
hi! no problem at all, you're more than welcome to post here, & if you don't get many replies in this section i can always move the thread to either server or general discussion to get more views.

sounds cool, can you give any more info about the game or is it still private at this stage? what will the procedure be like for testing?
squeak!

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 08:49:50 AM »
Possibly post some links for us to start?

I'm willing to beta test :-D

Offline IBarcia

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 04:57:55 PM »
Hi Again,

Thank you so much for your comments. First, let us apologize for the late reply. We are very happy to find users in this community.

It is important to us that you know what to expect from the game. We want to make it clear that the game is "inspired" in the fundamentals of WarCraft II and III in some aspects. But also, the game has its own personality both in the art and the gameplay. Our goal was to make a simplified version of Warcraft RTS games with tactile controls. To do so, we implemented the following simplifications:

We don't allow controlling single units. Instead players can control group of units and set a destination to them. They auto attack while the advance to the destination.
The gathering mechanics are smaller: you can create gatherers, but they gather automatically. You can only manage the gathering priorities in each camp.

However the game works in a similar meta-game strategy as Warcraft II: use your resources in the best way you can to build a better army and explore the map. Once you find a place full of resources, create a city there and gather the resources of the zone.

In this email we attached everything you need to try the prototype and some video tutorials we made to explain the controls and main actions. You have two options available to test the game: a pc version and an android version, both attached.

What we expect from you is the following:

-We are searching for experienced player that enjoy traditional RTS games to test our game and to give us any kind of feedback positive and negative. This will be very valuable to us in order to confirm our design ideas, to improve them or to bring new approaches.

-We would like to build a small but real and interested community that starts playing our game and that motivates us to keep developing and grow our project from a solid ground.

What we bring to you is the following:

-The possibility to enjoy a small and creative project of a RTS game made by two people free from comercial constraints or any other interests apart from creating a good product.

-The possibility to hear and answer your opinions and suggestions about the game and a further relationship with a growing project.

With all this said, please find below the links to the prototypes and the video tutorials playlist:

Android version (alpha): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.randomice.warlord.android
PC version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E43U5yyWIcjpirZlrObTLL61MBE4hsVy . How to launch in attachment: HowToLaunchPCVersion.txt

Tutorial videos on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVkv7bJY0B06fjR3LHf4iLrs3Z181Nea3

Thanks for your attention. We are in contact.

Best Regards

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 06:51:28 PM »
Cool I tried the android version and left a review. Many bugs to work out obvious it's development. I felt the game as a space/alien theme. I didn't like how I jumped right into the game and had no clue what to do. My suggestions.

1. In game tutorials
2. My units where getting stuck on the camp and my touch screen or something made them hard to select.
3. There is a bug with the movement especially if you make them walk in a circle they go crazy. ;)

Not bad though I will be keeping my eyes on this project. :) I think I will have better luck with the PC version.

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 08:26:15 AM »
Nice!!! I will soon test the Android version and return to give you feedback.
If you are planning to make an Android RTS, I would be very interested to contribute with more than just beta testing!

Especially, with the AI if you want :-)

But that is to be discussed later ;-)

Offline IBarcia

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 12:02:33 PM »
Thank you so much for those who tried the game so far.

Please, find in this link a short poll for us to evaluate your experience with the game:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe_bpKgfOV0OQC9XKjMk64PmGL6kLtBIukqgvP_GN-HxGBViQ/viewform

We will give a more detailed answer soon. We are waiting for any other members of the forum to try the game.

Best Regards

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 07:17:24 AM »
Moved this thread from Mods & Development and bumping so it can hopefully get more replies!
squeak!

Offline IBarcia

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 04:55:46 PM »
Thanks a lot !!   :)