Author Topic: Lat Trick Bot  (Read 32104 times)

Offline AHB

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Lat Trick Bot
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2018, 12:33:51 PM »
@Lambchops

Sure you could rewrite it with network primitives, whatever language you want, doesnt matter but why would you? You can write it in assembly if you want. But why stop there when you can write machine code for each specific cpu architecture? Python with sockets library is just fine.

It would be compiled to EXE by @iL and shipped with War2Combat as part of autoloader so would start automatically in the background each time war2 starts

It would only collect the NAT type from players that is it... and if you are using War2Combat its already gathering shit from your PC for use for hardware ban, scanning your memory for antihack program and reporting to the server. Nothing malicious that I know of. Dont believe me just do a packet capture next time u start up
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 12:36:18 PM by AHB »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2018, 06:36:40 AM »
@Lambchops
Sure you could rewrite it with network primitives, whatever language you want, doesnt matter but why would you? You can write it in assembly if you want. But why stop there when you can write machine code for each specific cpu architecture? Python with sockets library is just fine.

umm.. you were the one who said there was a problem with your python client.

I was suggesting making it simpler not more complex.

"machine code for each specific cpu architecture" are you tripping on peyote right now?

Anyway, if you are willing to do this and you can get iL to help you server side, then cool - when you get it working there are more games hosted. This is a good thing, I would like to see it happen regardless of whether or not I choose to use it.

Any HLL actually adds complexity as a direct consequence of making it appear simpler to the user. AFAIK war2, ce, and the autoloader are all C++ programs (compiled into ML of course). I have no idea why you would want to complicate things by throwing python in the middle, but if that is the way you know how to do it, and you are willing to put in the time to do it then go for it.

I do know there is absolutely no reason for you to introduce an SQL login, however you seem to have contrived a reason anyway. When you remove all reference to this from your code I will be a lot less sceptical about your intentions.

you dont need to know the port the other players have for their war2 client, all that matters is that you source the traffic from your own war2 port.

Have you considered that this is the source of your NAT problems? You are only considering the local routing table for the host, not the address translation for the joining client.

I'm not a NAT expert, but we do know that ANYONE who can join a game can successfully hole-punch regardless of the intervening protocols. That is proven every time they join a game. Just use the right port number, it's only 2 bytes, pretty sure that wont blow your budget  ;)

And quite honestly: if you do just want to do this, but you have just got it a bit muddled up, then PM or discord me and I'll give you what advice I can.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 06:45:46 AM by Lambchops »
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline AHB

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2018, 10:11:48 AM »
No there is no problem with the Python client, Ive already tested and it works :D :D :D

The only problem is that UDP hole punching doesnt work when behind certain type of NAT, but it is a less common type (we think) so it shouldnt be a problem. But because of that, the Python code checks what type of NAT and doesnt run if it finds that it is a type of NAT that wont work. It also sends simple ping to a PHP script to record what type of NAT so that we can find out if the script is actually helping people or if they are all behind the type of NAT that doesnt work

This program could easily be rewritten in C++, it would just take me a few more hours so I dont feel like it... the "performance boost" isnt worth it when you are talking about a tiny simple program

The Python code already works perfectly... and I even gave all the instructions to compile to exe (its one simple command)

The SQL login needs to be changed by iL to his own username, password, and database, nothing "strange" there. It is simply used to record the stats from the NAT type collector

I wasnt a NAT expert last week but I can honestly say I am basically an expert now. I spent probably a dozen hours reading about the different types of NAT and how they work, so I know exactly why this works for the types of NAT that it does work for, and exactly why it doesnt work for Symmetric NAT type

Offline AHB

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2018, 10:33:35 AM »
This was just a crazy idea a month ago :D

http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4009.0.html

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2018, 11:25:32 AM »
No there is no problem with the Python client, Ive already tested and it works :D :D :D

the Python client doesnt work for Symmetric NAT so we are curious to see how many people are actually behind an unfixable Symmetric NAT

The only problem is that UDP hole punching doesnt work when behind certain type of NAT,

Much as I would hate to upset your newly achieved expert status, UDP hole punching absolutely works for every single person on the server, regardless of the network protocols in use. If it didn't nobody could join a game. If you can join a game, you can punch a hole.

You are telling me your python client doesn't work, so I believe you, however your assumption that this is because "hole punching doesn't work" seems about as likely as anyone becoming an expert on anything because they read a few articles online last week ;)

but it is a less common type (we think) so it shouldnt be a problem. But because of that, the Python code checks what type of NAT and doesnt run if it finds that it is a type of NAT that wont work. It also sends simple ping to a PHP script to record what type of NAT so that we can find out if the script is actually helping people or if they are all behind the type of NAT that doesnt work

This program could easily be rewritten in C++, it would just take me a few more hours so I dont feel like it... the "performance boost" isnt worth it when you are talking about a tiny simple program

What "performance boost" are you quoting there? I can't see there being any relevant performance boost regardless of the language.

The Python code already works perfectly... and I even gave all the instructions to compile to exe (its one simple command)

Perfectly? I thought you said it was failing with some types of NAT. Isn't that the whole point of this and why you want iL to install a SQL db to collect your curiosity information?

The SQL login needs to be changed by iL to his own username, password, and database, nothing "strange" there. It is simply used to record the stats from the NAT type collector

Oh so YOU don't get a login so you can have SQL access to the DB on the server?.... Whatever, I really don't care, I just wish that once in a while somebody would make some software without trying to back-door data for themselves... oh but its all just friendly white-hat data ... who are you, Google? I don't like it when they do it either.

You don't need to, you just want to. It has nothing to do with hosting and everything to do with you collecting data.

Also I don't actually know who you are Mr "AHB" but I certainly hope that iL has good reason to trust you before he gives you SQL access to his server.

I wasnt a NAT expert last week but I can honestly say I am basically an expert now. I spent probably a dozen hours reading about the different types of NAT and how they work, so I know exactly why this works for the types of NAT that it does work for, and exactly why it doesnt work for Symmetric NAT type

You really should be paying more attention, or are you just being deliberatly obtuce so that you have an excuse to do what you want to? Please supply you "expert" explaination of how people can join games if hole punching doesn't work?

War2 games are peer-to-peer UDP. Unless you have correctly configured your routing/NAT ( in which case you would be able to host anyway ) then the ONLY way people can play games is via hole-punching. All day, every day.

So either you really don't have a clue what you are talking about, or you are hoping that nobody will understand the nerd-speak so you can do whatever it is that you want to do.

Offline AHB

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2018, 01:09:02 PM »
@Lambchops

man you talk tooooo much dude. Its really simple and Ive already explained how it works too many times...

@iL understood exactly what it does, and thats all that matters. If he has any questions I will explain further

Put simply UDP hole punching 6112 to allow player to host games works like this - PlayerA downloads list of IPs of all players on the server and sends UDP traffic on 6112 to each of them. In most types of NAT this will open port 6112 to allow responses back only from those IPs.

You seem to misunderstand that this is not a "concept" anymore, it is a "proof of concept", i have proved that it works. It is not up for debate, I dont need help or advice lol

But youre right, I'm just an idiot.

I don't have any understanding of how it works - TCP/IP,  UDP, programming, databases, MySQL/PHP/Python, types of NAT/difference between them, I'm no expert, I'm just the guy who solved a 20+ year old hosting problem after an entire month of dedicated research, trial and error.

Did you really think we all need you to explain how these things work to us? I enjoy some of your posts, but damn you can ramble.

There are alot of us here who are experts in our fields, - programming, network engineering, server ops, @iL @mousEtopher @tupac @{Lance} to name a few and we dont need you to explain all the mysteries of how computers work to us lmao

We all argue sometimes but try to show some respect for each other and put ego aside to further development here which is just a hobby we all do for fun

I hardly even play War2 anymore, and I know how to port forward, so I really dont care if you guys dont implement this, its just for the good of others and the game as a whole. I plan to help some other PvPGN servers implement it too since it solves hosting for all games not just War2
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 01:19:52 PM by AHB »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2018, 10:14:47 AM »
man you talk tooooo much dude. Its really simple and Ive already explained how it works too many times...

LOL.

I have been explaining how it works to everyone for years.

This is just a re-hashing of what I have already posted EXCEPT you have built in a back door for yourself.

So how about you post your REAL NAME so everyone knows who is getting SQL access to the server.

I'm just the guy who solved a 20+ year old hosting problem after

... after reading the fix that I posted 2 years ago  ;D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 10:25:37 AM by Lambchops »

Offline AHB

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2018, 02:16:01 PM »
Everyone knows me in in real life here, and anyone with a brain can read the code and see there is no backdoor in it...

Keep telling yourself you solved hosting lol congrats to you

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2018, 09:54:49 PM »
Everyone knows me in in real life here, and anyone with a brain can read the code and see there is no backdoor in it...

Keep telling yourself you solved hosting lol congrats to you

Inventing a non-existant excuse for you to have SQL access to the server is a back-door.

So who are you then? Who is "everyone"? Where is "here"?

The threads of  me explaining the problem and the solution to your newb ass are all on this forum. HF with your fantasy that you're not a self-promoting script-kiddie.

Offline AHB

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2018, 09:15:52 AM »
You do know that the definition of a script kiddie is someone who uses code that other people write, and cant write their own code right?

So by definition I wrote the code, and you know nothing about programming as youve made apparent, so that would make you a script kiddie lol

I know this is really hard for you to understand, but the part of the PHP code where it says "username=username" and "password=password" is intended to be changed by iL to his own credentials which I wont know what they are, so no I dont have SQL access. Sorry no time to keep explaining how these basic things work.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2018, 07:03:18 PM »
@AHB @Lambchops

LambChops is our guru, archer is a security expert. I'm friends with you both! We can't let little stuff allow us to destroy ourselves.

We have way too much power together. I see this is a project you both can accomplish together. We can give iL a time limit to install the host fix or we all split up and do our own sever. My bots has been recording everyone stats and etc. Its would be easy to convert all that into my server. I've been working on testing the newest pvpgn with the pvpgn pro people. I had them fix a bug inwhich didn't allow war2 to connect at all. I have designed a php page to allow people to choose icons and create colorful names, and much much more. This version of war2 is highly customized like auto heal, new spells and units. Thanks to @easycompany And Lambchops! There is so much in store for war2. We all need to work together or you all are comming with me.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2018, 10:45:18 AM »
You do know that the definition of a script kiddie is someone who uses code that other people write, and cant write their own code right?

So by definition I wrote the code, and you know nothing about programming as youve made apparent, so that would make you a script kiddie lol

I know this is really hard for you to understand, but the part of the PHP code where it says "username=username" and "password=password" is intended to be changed by iL to his own credentials which I wont know what they are, so no I dont have SQL access. Sorry no time to keep explaining how these basic things work.

Every time you dodge questions, and answer unasked ones just further proves your dishonest intentions.

So you are doing backfilps to include this unnecessary data collection yet you are NOT trying to get access to the results? ROTF ;D

You claim to be a SQL expert yet you pretend that giving you SQL access doesn't open up the sever and everyone's personal data to a range of potential attacks. "Everyone" knows you have already devoted a lot of time to DDOS attacking the server and stealing personal information.

I call bullshit. So just get rid of your little unneeded SQL db, you're not fooling anyone.

@iL if you want to use this approach, just impliment it yourself without the lame hacker's code - you don't need him.

Offline AHB

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2018, 09:47:25 PM »
dude you need to chill Mr., read a Berk on how the internets work, U cant get sql access when u give someone some code that filteRs sql injection and the db username and password are changed before being uploaded ... oK?

bEsides the nat stats arent even a necessary component of the program so take it or leave it who cares. you already gave access to install war2combat in your pc so you should know we know much more than just your nat type lmao jeez quit trippin. no need for the nasty Gram
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 11:42:13 AM by AHB »

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2018, 07:24:02 PM »
Yall DON'T forgot tupac brought the port changing option to the Warcraft 2 communities attention.

Offline AHB

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2018, 09:44:13 PM »
Nice work tupac