Author Topic: Knitterhemd scamming people  (Read 10736 times)

Offline Paper_Boy

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Knitterhemd scamming people
« on: June 01, 2018, 07:09:09 AM »
I’ve witnessed many lows in the war2 community, but never thought I would observe a Nigerian prince type scam. Jesk and I were talking and it’s come to our attention Knitter has scammed at least 5 war2 players so far out of money. He will claim it’s part of a short term loan or some shit and just vanishes on some Lex Luther shit. I think most then parties involved wish to remain annonymous but just be warned, i’d hate to see Swift lose his millions and relegated to gaming inside the Starbucks bathroom. I remember the war2  community has at times been compassionate, just don’t let scum bags take advantage of you …Say you’re some fucked up orphan who never learned right from wrong, it’s 1 thing to scam strangers but to pretending to befriend people merely as a cheap ploy to take advantage of the better nature of humanity. 1 of the consequences there will be a deep reluctance for those rare cases where people actually needed help. I'd rather not associate or game with someone that desperate and shady

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: Knitterhemd scamming people
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 08:32:37 AM »
While personally I have no grudge against Knitterhemd, I would like to verify what Paper_Boy more or less said.

I did send some money to Knitter in order for him to organize a Lan Party at Germany. Which he never did... Knitter didn't pretend to be my pal or something, neither he asked me directly. He was just asking money in order to organize a Warcraft Lan party. I liked the idea, so I supported it :-). It just never come true, neither he offered to return the money.

It was money I had earned with casting some fun replays so I didn't really minded :-D (Easy come; Easy go) but people should be aware of the incident.

Offline KingHillBilly

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 11:56:23 AM »
What's his real name. There's easy solutions for these problems.

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 12:15:29 PM »
I’ve witnessed many lows in the war2 community, but never thought I would observe a Nigerian prince type scam. Jesk and I were talking and it’s come to our attention Knitter has scammed at least 5 war2 players so far out of money. He will claim it’s part of a short term loan or some shit and just vanishes on some Lex Luther shit. I think most then parties involved wish to remain annonymous but just be warned, i’d hate to see Swift lose his millions and relegated to gaming inside the Starbucks bathroom. I remember the war2  community has at times been compassionate, just don’t let scum bags take advantage of you …Say you’re some fucked up orphan who never learned right from wrong, it’s 1 thing to scam strangers but to pretending to befriend people merely as a cheap ploy to take advantage of the better nature of humanity. 1 of the consequences there will be a deep reluctance for those rare cases where people actually needed help. I'd rather not associate or game with someone that desperate and shady
pretty ironic coming from you lol

Offline KingHillBilly

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 12:21:05 PM »
Did paper scam someone for money?

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 12:23:08 PM »
no but he's a huge scumbag pontificating on the "many lows in the war2 community"

also didn't allstar do this as well? i remember TK gave him money to help with his rent or something and he bought a computer?

Offline KingHillBilly

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 12:33:50 PM »
I gave allstar $100, I'm sure he bought drugs with it.

Offline KingHillBilly

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 12:34:24 PM »
Although paperboy is annoying af I don't think his dumb strats make him a scumbag. Unless there's something else you're referring to.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 12:35:37 PM »
with allstar it was just tks idea to give him a donation ("moneybomb") because allstars life was a mess, so not really something allstar did wrong.  then allstar came back again once or twice requesting more lol

seems Christian is scummier than that if it's not up front that youre just giving him $$ to keep.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline UppityAdm1n

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 01:47:09 PM »

The FBI has been contacted.

Please submit tips below:

https://www.fbi.gov/tips

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 02:23:30 PM »
I have given knitter money when he asked me for it, do I expect it back? No.
When you give someone money you shouldn't ever expect to see it again.
Am I upset with knitter? No. He has been very inactive as of late am I imagine the reason being is because he doesn't wanna show his face to the community which is unfortunate.

it’s 1 thing to scam strangers but to pretending to befriend people merely as a cheap ploy to take advantage of the better nature of humanity. 1 of the consequences there will be a deep reluctance for those rare cases where people actually needed help. I'd rather not associate or game with someone that desperate and shady

I would say that while we are all cordial with each other and friendly we are all not actual "friends." You may think someone you chat with on discord and the server are your friends but let's be real you can't really say someone is your friend unless you actual meet them in real life.
People may disagree with me but loaning money to someone who you befriended on the internet whom you have never met and expect to get it back is kinda unreasonable.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 02:28:36 PM by ~ToRa~ »
war2 > war3

Offline Fredrik Eriksson

• Grunt
  • Grosshandlaren i Enköping
    • View Profile
    • Grosshandlaren
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 03:16:46 PM »
I did also give Knitt money and thinking the same way as Tora. If he was able host the lan it would have been awsome, if not...whatever. It is just money and it wasnt that much. Its like gambling, you shouldnt spend money you dont have afford.

No hard feelings from my side, I like Knitt as I know him when playing War2. I rather see him come back play then I see the my money coming back.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 03:25:51 PM »
I have given knitter money when he asked me for it, do I expect it back? No.
fine but if he says it's to throw a LAN event and then he doesnt throw the LAN event, then he's stealing

Offline UppityAdm1n

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2018, 03:40:42 PM »
I am also starting up the Knitterhemd Refund Fund for all the victims.

Please PM me to make a donation to me by PayPal to reimburse all those who faced personal losses at the hand of Knitterhemd.

Minimum recommended donation is $50. Now is not a time to be greedy. Think of the victims. We all need to band together to help this worthy cause.

Note: 85% of funds received will be for administration fees.