Author Topic: W2 Upgrades?  (Read 5779 times)

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
Re: W2 Upgrades?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 12:39:07 PM »
PBall is more dead than ever though I guess I'll give you that but so is the entire game. The tournaments are still going the same basically, though I'm considering going on hiatus until christmas.

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 12:45:33 PM »
Your June 2nd tournament didn't happen?? No one showed I thought. I was logged on waiting and mano nor anyone showed. :( Tora and I were like, is this happening??

I'm not blowing hot air. I've been serious about donating for a long time but no one has the time to nor willing to take this project on. Several people on the server, including myself have money to begin a bigger and better war2 but it just doesn't seem to gain any traction. I have been googling warcraft 2 a lot lately with different keywords, and there are several dozen forums with posts as far back as 2001 until 2018 with people discussing how to play war2. I have made accounts and advertise en.war2.ru.

However, for whatever reason, unless you specifically search war 2 combat edition, you can't really find this server, making it still a large unknown. You can pay the host of the website to have this found more, which could result in hundreds if not thousands more downloads.  I'm trying to make this a reality. Don't derail my optimism!
I love this game!

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2018, 01:15:39 PM »
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4072.0.html
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php?action=post;topic=4129.0;last_msg=67303

I had to go out of town clearly stated on those posts and all over facebook. That tournament is Saturday but it's a 2v2 tournament now. There's plenty of things that can be tried for this game, I am not against trying them but throwing money at this game really probably won't help. Basically I just believe this game is slowing going to decline until just the hardcores are left who just won't give up.

Almost everything has been tried and no I don't want this game to die as I help new players and spread this game a lot. The hosting needs fixed, the community needs to stop being assholes to new players, and new players need taught to be good or they won't stick around. There's plenty of problems money can't or won't fix. The games old and a lot of us love it, I hope you can find a way to make this game great again but anymore I doubt it will happen(fingers crossed lol).

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 09:06:46 PM »
Honestly I was drunk when I snapped out on you the other day, so I guess I'll apologize for that. I have actually been making an effort to get along with you, like when I let you play the tournaments again. I guess I just hold shit against you from the past but I have let it go, I guess alcohol makes us think stupid shit.