Author Topic: Warcraft 2 and Pentium CPUs?  (Read 3779 times)

Offline Muz

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Warcraft 2 and Pentium CPUs?
« on: July 11, 2018, 12:01:05 PM »
I have just tried Warcraft 2 in a Pentium 3 CPU, the scroll is quite fast. Is Pentium 2 recommended for Warcraft 2?

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
Re: Warcraft 2 and Pentium CPUs?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 02:35:35 PM »
dos maybe ....i fixed it in dosbox..but on real hardware u may have to use autohotkey to say make right scroll like its tapped instead of held down :o...to much ass lol p3s are great though

i was messing with war2dos hopefully to fix that problem from war2 exe.. but ill have a look again.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 02:37:59 PM by easycompany »

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 09:37:59 PM »
I still use a Pentium 2 with Windows 98 and it's the only computer I feel comfortable playing on.  The feel of the mouse is much different, even more so than the Pentium 3 I once played on.  I've noticed I'm faster and more precise on the Pentium 2.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 10:40:08 PM »
Will newer mouses work if I buy a Pentium 2?

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 11:14:17 PM »
Will newer mouses work if I buy a Pentium 2?

I tried a wireless usb gaming mouse and keyboard on mine last night.  The mouse worked but the keyboard didn't.  It had one usb for both though.  Either they won't work together on it or I didn't properly install the driver. 

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 12:56:05 AM »
I need your help shopping for one Rit. I really would like to get that old feel back. I use to be able to have like 6 peons in motion at the same time in free castles with like you said precise clickings. It seems like I could still do it but I just need the right equiptment. (I have not felt comfortable playing in 10 years! Something has always felt off!)

@mousEtopher Can these older computers stream too? If not I may need to set up two gaming areas.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 01:05:56 AM by XuRnT »

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 09:44:18 PM »

I need your help shopping for one Rit. I really would like to get that old feel back. I use to be able to have like 6 peons in motion at the same time in free castles with like you said precise clickings. It seems like I could still do it but I just need the right equiptment. (I have not felt comfortable playing in 10 years! Something has always felt off!)

@mousEtopher Can these older computers stream too? If not I may need to set up two gaming areas.

I would recommend getting a Pentium 2 450 mhz.  That's the best you're going to get as far as CPU.  You should also max out the RAM.

It won't be able to handle streaming but you should be fine using warvid... and you could always stream your warvids.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 10:19:11 PM »
amd supersocket7 550, these are all overkill for dos lol, p166 even that is.your looking at socket 3 machines 486's if your doing a war2dos, forget dukenukem doom2 though.

upper end p2s are for bnet

i started dos in kali on a p3 1ghz ..i dont remember a native problem but i was shitting bricks playing online and people bitching for me to get bnet edition
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:28:15 PM by easycompany »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 01:04:37 AM »
ps yall play some shitty goddamn music..even i go to panama city