Author Topic: one key to getting good at war2 and other things  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
one key to getting good at war2 and other things
« on: July 02, 2018, 01:20:25 PM »
lose as much as you can tolerate.

don't just play people around your level - play people who are beating you as much as you can tolerate. whatever that amount is... perhaps you can tolerate losing 30%, 50%, 80%, etc. figure out what your max percentage/ratio is then stick to it, and spend less time playing opposition that is beating you less than that.

i used to be bad, partly due to being newer to the game and also very young, but also because at one point when i was like 12 i left us east to play on us west so that i could win more in a less competitive environment. this turned out to be a great way to avoid learning the game. I didn't improve much at all for a few years. eventually us west became less populated, so i moved to us east and found myself playing against top players specifically and near exclusively.... players like grunt.exe, sparkz102, kanuks and many others great players - and what i noticed is that I could tolerate losing over and over, it didn't matter if i went 2-6 or 0-10, every day, week or month.  I could tolerate losing 100% of the time, or somewhere close to that.

After a few hundred games consistently losing series vs top players, I became one of them and it happened within a span of one or two months. I think a lot of people could do just what i did and get a lot better because of it. cool story.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 01:26:16 PM by Swift »
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: one key to getting good at war2 and other things
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 02:08:52 PM »
problem is that now its less people than in 2004, even top players get boring pwning noobs and they start playing something shit like viet 5 peons tech  stronghold at 2
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline woot.

• Grunt
  • we r a dying breed...tolerate 1 another...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 07:53:12 PM »
True story if I call more people out I can be great again cool  ;D
New Ideaology - "Most likely the product of suppressing nostalgia from oneself
to retaliate transgression from egocentric agendas." © WooT. 2017

i can be a bit oxymoron at times help me with english.. i am a hs drop out and and english is not my first language so gyeh..

Offline jordan4385

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 12:29:13 PM »
Why the hell havn't i gotten good yet, huh? been losing with / against  top players for 4 years

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 01:51:42 PM »
@jordan4385 When you can't pass the BabyShark Level, you are not fit to advance.

It finally came in the mail:

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline woot.

• Grunt
  • we r a dying breed...tolerate 1 another...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 04:00:23 PM »
LoL @ bs  ;)
New Ideaology - "Most likely the product of suppressing nostalgia from oneself
to retaliate transgression from egocentric agendas." © WooT. 2017

i can be a bit oxymoron at times help me with english.. i am a hs drop out and and english is not my first language so gyeh..