Author Topic: Observation about 2v2 games  (Read 3911 times)

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Observation about 2v2 games
« on: July 08, 2018, 04:28:18 AM »
Not based on anything recent or anything, but it seems like anytime someone types to do something or play a certain way or go for a certain spot it seems to be the times I lose. Like if I just play and do what I want it seems to usually work out better. People typing messages to me in games are distracting and more annoying then anything and even though I don't say anything.. In my head I'm just like stfu! 😄

Thoughts?

Offline maciek

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Observation about 2v2 games
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 05:13:21 AM »
van 200 IQ confirmed

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 09:16:08 AM »
I mean like allies in the game not just random whispers.

The thing I am asking more here is do you think it helps you out or do you do better with your own instincts?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 09:18:30 AM by XuRnT »

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 01:01:19 PM »
Some playstyle do sinergize better than others, though it is no secret that combining and synchronizing your attacks with your teamates and communicating will improve your chances of winning by a lot.

Voice chat usually works better for that and there is always a balance to find between too much and not enough communication.
Still if we look at some of the past tournaments teams that have a great sinergy and good communication do tend to perform better, sometimes they dont need a lot of communication to be good, but for some players it actually makes them a lot better.

Some players are pretty good at this already.
If I had to pick two players that do it right from the top of my head that I played with I would say that as far as I am concerned Kurtz or Swift are good at that in their own way. They will usually keep it straight and simple they will tell you what kind of playstyle they want to go for and ask you politely if you can play in that or another way so that you as a team have a great synergy.
During game time it can be helpful that they notice you if something important happens that you can do something about and that they might not on their own just yet.
Like if you went for a fast tech strategy and he went for a rush and he sees something like submarines, telling you he saw subs might just save the day for him and you guys as a team as it would be much easier to get one or two fliers out for you than him if you already have keep and not him.

Then again, all information can be useful or not, playing a lot with a person will improve both their skills concerning communication and yours ;)
Though it can be true that too much information and bad communication can be counter productive I tend to believe good communication is a strong advantage overall.
 :critter:

^Also good communication makes awesome games to watch.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 01:05:14 PM by Cel »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 01:30:37 PM »
Good communication is key to successful 2v2 teams.

After all scouting is done and all locations are found, there shouldn't be much else to discuss.. Just execution at that point.

Players definitely need to be on the same page though..  And do strats that compliment eachothers strat

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 03:04:01 PM »
I’ve found everyone has strengths and weaknesses in this game. A “good” strat for one player won’t necessarily work for someone else. Which is why for people that have been playing this game for a few years and develped some type of skill it’s usually best to just play by feel.

If you have a pard who your used to playing with then it’s okay to listen to what their saying but in most cases I’ve found it is better to follow your gut.
war2 > war3

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 03:38:33 PM »
Yes. Communication between players is very important.

However, it is sometimes very tempting when you dead, but still watching someone else play to want to give advice. I'm sure most of us do it at one time or another.

Small amounts off information or suggestions can sometimes be helpful. Like a blocked mine or perhaps saying "in 5" or "relust" etc. but only very occasionally and when it is important. Unless you know the other player well and have repore with them, it's usually best to err on the side of saying nothing.

Some good players feel the need to give large amounts of advice as if they can somehow operate another less experienced player by remote control. This will invariably result in either the player just ignoring them, or the player getting confused &/or annoyed and messing up.

Saying every single thing you can see all the time is just stupid and distracting, nobody can think for themselves and listen to that at the same time.
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline WyZe

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 06:00:33 PM »
I like when I'm allying someone much better than me and the tell me what to do (for example they died) and its 1v2 or 1v1, I find it helpful if they tell me where to move shit or remind me about peons doing nothing.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 12:17:31 AM »
I don't mind if another player tells me about an incoming dk, to expand, tells me about idle peons, my troops got stuck in pathing etc, things that i'm not doing that they're aware of that can help with the game, if I get anything else from them that isn't game related, l'll typically just ignore it, if they wanna win so badly, then they won't spam my screen with pointless shit to initiate a response to distract me.

Offline Ywfn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 12:27:56 PM »
Small amounts off information or suggestions can sometimes be helpful. Like a blocked mine or perhaps saying "in 5" or "relust" etc. but only very occasionally and when it is important.

You are correct. Two eyes are better than one and small amounts of advice can be helpful in most cases. But you should mostly refrain so your ally realizes when you say something it's important. If you're not sure, just stick to announcing when the opponents are taking new expansions, reminding them to relust at critical times and when their dk is in position to activate.

Yes. Communication between players is very important...

Yes it is, but only if the players have similar styles. Players need to be of the type that are comfortable working together to double-team opponents and gain overall advantage that way, which in my opinion is really the best overall way to play team games. Players who play 2vs2 mostly like a 1vs1 and sit back, counter-attack, etc, probably benefit more from just leaving them alone and making sure you can handle a double team yourself.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 02:38:57 PM »
ywfn is very good in tipping his ally since he allways die as 1 :<,  most games are 1x1 1x1, a real 2x2 are not on gow
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2018, 05:57:07 PM »
^---- most kurwa answer ever.

obviously doesnt play many 2v2.