Author Topic: x  (Read 24629 times)

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
x
« on: August 04, 2018, 01:21:56 PM »
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 04:48:26 PM by LiveFreeorDie »

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline WyZe

• Peon
    • View Profile
Re: Online Psychos Continue to Harass and Spam
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 03:59:33 PM »
You make it fun for them you big dummy, stop making topics like this unless you love the attention (most likely do).

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 07:21:50 PM »
i agree & am sorry this is happening. if /squelch could persist between log ons then that would completely obviate the problem. i wish i knew how to add such a feature to pvpgn, sorry bs :<
squeak!

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 11:20:30 PM »
Van also asked Britney Spears on the discord for head the other day. She has a music career to focus on and does not need this harassment.

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 11:20:53 PM »
Take screenshots and post them

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 01:57:30 AM »
It so happens that the W2 player base is comprised largely of drug and alcohol addicted people who don't know how to interact normally with people.

Guilty but c'mon love playing with you.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 12:20:29 PM »
@BabyShark did you message Van's wife on Facebook?
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 02:25:24 PM »
Every single war2 player has had to listen to Van's bull shit as long as we can remember. Every single one of us.

Just 2 weeks ago he very seriously threatened to find out where I live and come and kill me.

Guess what I did? Nothing. It's a game. He's a nut job. It's fucking text on a computer from someone hundreds or thousands of miles away.

I'm not saying van is right... in fact more often than not i wish he would never log back on the server again. ever..... but you crossed a line Babyshark. You have a problem. If you cannot take shit talking harassment from a guy on an online game... regardless of what he says or how many times he says it... it's time for you to re-evaluate your position on this server.

Van is insane. But for you to get so emotional about what someone says online, that you contact their relatives? That's even more insane.

that's my very serious opinion.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 02:27:51 PM »
like someone else mentioned... the only reason ANYONE FUCKS WITH ANYONE is because they let it get to them.

know what i did when van was harassing me?  i talked a little bit of shit back until i get bored .. then typed /dnd   ... and moved on with my life.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 02:28:25 PM »
know what i will do next time van harasses me?    talk a little bit of shit back... type /dnd when i get bored... and move on with my life

Offline KingHillBilly

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2018, 04:40:34 PM »
Why aren't they banned

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2018, 04:50:26 PM »
U have issues Babyshark

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2018, 05:41:14 PM »
@BabyShark did you message Van's wife on Facebook?
how the fuck does that mongoloid have a wife, lmao

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2018, 05:43:55 PM »
Van is insane. But for you to get so emotional about what someone says online, that you contact their relatives? That's even more insane.
i don't agree. not if he has been doing it for a year now. if it was a one time thing you'd have a point.

you're enabling van's behaviour with this attitude tbh
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 05:48:53 PM by marx was right »

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2018, 06:01:25 PM »
this is essentially a moot point that you're arguing bs -- "van should be banned for flaming" is not "war2's standard", it's "your personal standard", so there's no reason for the admins to enforce it. it's very much like the case you tried to make against yamon.

while it's not unreasonable to have a conversation about "whether or not war2ru should tolerate xyz behaviors", it doesn't make sense to criticize admins for failing to uphold standards that don't actually exist in the first place. online communities all choose to enforce moderation policies at their own discretion, some do & some don't. maybe doing so would be the "good & decent thing to do", but war2ru is run by & for people who choose not to for better or for worse, and it's their right to do so.

i personally think it's reasonable & am willing to try to meditate something like what happened with leeroy & TGS last year where it's ongoing & targeted, but for one thing ive seen no evidence that van's actually doing something like that. everyone knows that van constantly spews insults & trash everywhere, but that's not what is being described. i haven't seen any screenshots or heard any mention of "van flaming relentlessly every time i login for 1 year" until just the last couple days. maybe it's true, but i can't react like it's been going on for 1 year when there've been no attempts to document or otherwise make it known until just now. and maybe the community /should/ have such a conversation about whether or not to tolerate van's generally despicable behavior, but until it has such a conversation & enacts such a policy, then this is fundamentally a moot point.

likewise, i offered here http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,3933.msg65506.html#msg65506 to give leeroy a short temp ban any time he bothered you to discourage him from doing it, but you've only asked me to do that twice ever as far as i remember. once was a couple days ago, and the last time before that was months ago. why did you decide not to report him again til now? it's not really fair to ban leeroy on demand for "constant relentless flaming" when there's no documented chain of evidence to prove that it's actually happening constantly. 1 screenshot/report every 4 months could just as easily be him doing "occasional trash talk" like almost everyone else on the server
squeak!