Author Topic: x  (Read 24568 times)

Offline jordan4385

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Online Psychos Continue to Harass and Spam
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2018, 11:37:49 AM »
Would that be too hard for anyone?

LOL blid... How are you old friend? If you send you a computer will you come back to war2?

It's impossible, they are just living out their childhood in adult life so that when someone tells them not to do something they will just do it anyway.

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2018, 11:56:00 AM »
When Van logs onto war2

Offline van

• Grunt
  • Vandalization complete
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2018, 12:17:37 PM »
LMFAO I am not FeverTree you dumb newbie
You just got vandalized, vanimal style.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2018, 12:23:37 PM »
fevertree is leeroy i believe

Offline van

• Grunt
  • Vandalization complete
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2018, 12:27:07 PM »
Seeing how I never messaged her in the first place thats no problem.  I feel like Leeroy finally broke her under FeverTree and she took that shit out on me too LOL. 

Offline Ywfn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2018, 12:44:30 PM »
To be fair, I've seen enough creepy and weird behavior over the years that I wouldn't be surprised if female players are disproportionately harassed on the server at a greater level due entirely to their gender. That tends to happen in gaming and online communities generally, and War2 attracts people from both of those audiences.

Historically, I have been in the camp that it's best to just let vulgar/harassing/etc behavior go, because the alternative--to attempt to police that behavior--potentially sends us down a path where some admin might one day try to enforce their censorship views in ways that crosses lines way beyond just restriction of the most egregious behavior.

However lately, I've found myself wondering if maybe it's time to change a bit. War2 is now a game played primarily by adults, many of who are in their 30s and 40s and are (or at least should be) perfectly capable of managing their behavior responsibly. Society is also changing, with tolerance for this sort of behavior at an all time low, and while i personally think it's not right, there are certainly those that support not just holding people accountable for what they say, but also people who "could" or "should" have done something about it. All it takes is for someone to come along who cares more about taking a stand than the community and the game, and there's a potential for a lot of collateral damage even for those that have never uttered a single aggressive/negative thing.

We've taken strong positions on overt racism, at least on the forum, before. Perhaps it's time to take a closer look at that boundary, along with some other commonly excepted societal boundaries, like sexism, and establish some bare minimum expectations of decorum, with defined penalties, similar to our policies on hacking. It's understood that enforcement will be difficult since people can just create another account through a VPN, but that could all be spelled out in whatever artifact describes the expectations.

Ultimately it's basically impossible to stop someone from logging in to an open server and harassing a particular player if they really want to, but we could, at the very least, establish that the vast majority of the community and the admins do not condone it and will at least create a little bit of a barrier to the most egregious of behaviors.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 12:49:24 PM by Ywfn »

Offline jordan4385

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2018, 01:06:23 PM »
Dont feel bad babyshark, van says repeatedly that i have a big forehead, and my ginger children have no soul. I have returned the favor by saying that his daughter will be nailed by 17 black guys by the age of consent at 16.

Offline Ywfn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2018, 01:21:13 PM »
I have routinely been messaged "you're a fat ugly bitch/cunt", "you blow", and every other manner of intentionally inflammatory comment out of the blue

For what it's worth, Van has said those exact phrases to me many times over private messages while playing, watching games he's playing, or just sitting in chat. I just assume he does it universally.

Please know, I'm not saying necessarily that you aren't getting it worse, defending that sort of behavior, or saying that there aren't others that are harassing you in disproportionate ways. All I'm saying is, in van's case, it is definitely possible that it is actually consistent with how he treats everyone else.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2018, 01:51:23 PM »
yeah i got cussed out when i threw a flame shield on one of his units,while back.

Offline van

• Grunt
  • Vandalization complete
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2018, 06:44:29 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline van

• Grunt
  • Vandalization complete
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2018, 07:08:40 PM »
I guess it is time to say good bye!  Just uninstalled warcraft 2!  Best of luck with the server

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2018, 07:39:24 PM »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2018, 07:40:42 PM »
now.. after Babyshark called my wife a prostitute earlier in this post, and is now banning me from games.. would a "Typical" (possibly not mature) response be to talk shit and harass her?

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2018, 07:53:57 PM »
or should i just contact her parents and let them know about her behavior

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2018, 08:52:20 PM »
How about this for a solution, I wouldn't normally say it but this has become a big enough fiasco that it's getting out of hand, and this seems like an easy enough solution:

van and leeroy don't whisper Babyshark ever again.  There's no reason they need to do that to hang out on the server and they can still flame other people or talk shit in chat

Babyshark doesn't whisper them ever and doesn't contact them on facebook and definitely doesn't contact their family members.

Would that be too hard for anyone?

Awesome. What a great plan :)

Everyone take 3 deep breaths and go back to playing the actual game .... which is fun right?

--- edit ---

I guess it is time to say good bye!  Just uninstalled warcraft 2!  Best of luck with the server

Damn buddy.... so your wife beat you pretty bad then? ;D

Seriously I'd try to talk you out of it if I wasn't sure you'll be back in 48 hours.

Does your mom count?

OMG! Zinger! ... Lambchops report to the burns unit ... oh my that put me in my place.

For anybody else who really thinks they need to say something to BS or any other female, ffs be a bit smart and don't make it sexually based rubbish. Even if you don't think it makes you look pathetic for going there (which it absolutely does), in today's cyber-PC climate there's a fair chance you could actually end up getting in real trouble if, heaven forbid, someone actually did make an issue of it with the authorities. If it did end up in court, you would all get lumped in with Lee and his tiny dick and some female judge would throw the book at you. I would hate to see that happen, so remember there are now actual specific laws which make this stuff definitely illegal in the US and elsewhere.

There would be no more room in jail if every guy went for saying something sexual to a woman, like "I wold love to plow you". "Down to fuck?". "Can you Cleveland steamer you?". Not illegal to proposition a woman for a Cincinatti Surprise, unless its for money,

Of course not. But that is quite different to continually harassing someone sexually after there are official complaints about the behavior on the record. There are definitely laws against it. Duh. What planet are you from?

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:06:59 PM by Lambchops »
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!