Author Topic: -  (Read 6261 times)

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulations to Lone for Ladder #1
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 06:29:14 AM »
I can stick around for about 2 more weeks if U8 likes Swift's proposal. I think Gow TE would be interesting for a change.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 12:08:35 PM »
I dont like te, Why we dont play diffrent map?pos? Btbc? Etc
I dont want fastest
I should be Able to play in this weekend
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2018, 12:18:14 PM »
Qanons maps! If you guys see me online /w before you start

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2018, 01:36:44 PM »
I'll put up $25 toward a prize pool, does anyone else wanna throw in with me?
war2 > war3

Offline Ywfn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2018, 10:24:03 PM »
no

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2018, 01:02:49 AM »
maybe ladder isnt recording everyhing ... last 10 games Lone vs Sg is 7-3 in Lone's favor.

Yeah half my games don't record on ladder. Last series was 5-4

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2018, 05:57:20 AM »
We can play other maps, but I'll play for fun and learning a bit, as I am not comfortable with most maps. I am okay on forest trails and hsc but on the rest I am either bad or/and I just don't enjoy it.

If you don't like TE, we can do the challenge on classic instead. The first to get 10 wins goal will likely eliminate the luck factor. Although I'd try TE cause I never played on it. Maybe not even a single time.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2018, 11:14:36 AM »
i'd be interested to see some high level games on TE, i always wonder why it isn't really played even occasionally
squeak!

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2018, 11:52:57 AM »
Because it has less options therefore it is less interesting in the long run. Moreover, it is a lot less fun in team games. Lastly, some people like to get in cheap wins, and everyone likes to win from a disadvantage on classic gow.

Offline Ywfn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2018, 01:01:26 PM »
There is a huge amount of overlap between people who don't like TE and don't like any map besides gow, and this probably applies to 50% or more players that do play GOW.

Not saying that you are necessarily being dishonest or incorrect about your own motivations personally, but at least for the vast majority of people, it clearly has nothing to do with TE having "less options" or being "less interesting". If that was what they truley cared about, you'd see a lot more people playing other classic maps with far greater regularity.

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2018, 02:10:20 PM »
There is a huge amount of overlap between people who don't like TE and don't like any map besides gow, and this probably applies to 50% or more players that do play GOW.

Not saying that you are necessarily being dishonest or incorrect about your own motivations personally, but at least for the vast majority of people, it clearly has nothing to do with TE having "less options" or being "less interesting". If that was what they truley cared about, you'd see a lot more people playing other classic maps with far greater regularity.

Good and interesting point.

I shared my initial thoughts regarding the general opinion, but I agree with you. Regarding honesty and personal motivation, I would choose to play TE, because I believe a score of a long series on it gives an overall more accurate measurement of skill, micro/macro mechanics, and strategical thinking. This is due to luck being a significantly smaller factor regardless of what styles match up. Thinking about it more, it is does not necessarily have less options. I believe TE would see more longer games and the later stages of the game would play out differently.

Again, I personally would very much like to learn/play TE, but nobody plays it. U8 and Sg both stated they prefer not to play it, and there is no one else to play against on the (currently) highest level.

Perhaps VIruz/Swift will be around sometime soon.

Regarding Sg, our last series went 9-3. Like a moron, I threw one game in which I was far ahead. I didn't try to win one game as 6, but due to his opening strategy I could have gotten a free win. The last game I lost was as s9 vs 11 with a blind dual. I'm not sure if that game was winnable or if that situation is at all winnable in a close to even match up, but could have done a lot better if I don't start tilting/losing focus, like I almost always do in bad spots. I hope to see Sg unrust after some more sets.

So anyway, U8! When would you like to play? I'd be happy to play you as much as possible, you're fun! Also I'm curious what happens if you play your best and I get a bit better in the near future.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 05:20:06 PM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2018, 05:21:28 PM »
ggs wp, I learned a lot! You are far better than I believed. Let's do it again later! ;p

Offline Fredrik Eriksson

• Grunt
  • Grosshandlaren i Enköping
    • View Profile
    • Grosshandlaren
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2018, 12:21:15 PM »
Hos come U8 lost so much ELO, even he won 10-8