Author Topic: How to install the game?  (Read 2338 times)

Offline Johnsonmyerweiner

• Peon
    • View Profile
How to install the game?
« on: August 13, 2018, 07:28:21 AM »
Hello! so I'm using Boxer to play Warcraft Beyond The Dark Portal 1.0 on my MacBook Air. I was hoping to somehow update it or convert it to Battle.net edition, or the combat edition? "Sounds fun" lol. I see you have various files to download, but I'm so confused, I'm not a tech expert! I know it can be done, sort of like how you can simply add in other people's save files to Diablo I, II, and III just simply by downloading them, and then opening the Diablo folder and adding the save file to that folder, you play the game and now you have that character to select. It works! but anyways, about Warcraft mannnnn ;) how do I do it :D anybody knows? Thank you.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: How to install the game?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 04:30:38 AM »
You can download and install the WC2 Combat Edition from the server site, which will give you full online multiplayer functionality. It is a Windows program, but I believe it runs on IOS with the usual emulators etc.... IDK I'm not an Apple guy.

There is no reason why you can't have your BTDP1.0 installed for your single player campaign and use CE for multiplayer. This is pretty much what what BNE does anyway when you select single player/multiplayer from the main menu.

I am told CE now includes the single player campaigns also, although I have never personally tried this.

Finally there is a torrent of the original Warcraft II BNE CD install disk floating around in ISO format. There's not many seeds, but you might get a copy with some luck. Again this is windows only tho.

I believe the actual original CD had both PC and MAC install files on it, as well as Audio-CD in game music, although it seems I have lost my original CD long ago :(

Good luck!

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 04:07:14 AM »
Hey! thank you for the friendly comments, I'm torrenting it on the usual :P thank you I hope I can get it to install that way, will update this discussion :)

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 07:10:46 AM »
Actually, I discovered something very strange. I can use my already made Wine Wrapper for Diablo I Belzebub HD Mod, and though I can't create a new Wrapper for Warcraft II Battle.net that will just open and play, I can install the game on my Diablo Wrapper, then I just have to open contents and open wine and click "install.exe" again, which will take me to the main menu, and I can click play. The sound, audio, and full screen option works fine! the only issue I have is the mouse is a tiny laggy, something Wine I think is known for or I am just really dumb, agin not a tech guy, and I'm going to drop links to the screen shots and post them to some url. I can't take screenshots that are smaller than a few mb for some reason :( I'm really stupid and not tech savvy. So I think I accidentally figured out a way to play it on Wine! just gotta get the torrent of course ;)

I would say the issue is closed unless somebody knows another way lol. Why update Beyond Dark Portal when you can have your cake and eat it too in the form of 2.0 battle.net edition :D by the way it does go to absolute full screen with no problem. Just perfect.

https://imgur.com/a/ydGPBBQ

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 04:13:35 PM »
I have a solid solution. I am using a vm machine called Parallels, and in it I downloaded any windows 10. Next I simply got the ISO from pirates of the sea bay (if you know what I mean) ;) ;) then I used Daemon Tools to SIMPLY create an image on there (even though it's already in iso form, needs to be read as a disk still) and change your settings for that app's compatibility mode to windows 7 and that's all I had to do :))) Warcraft2 Battle.net Edition is free to play! I'm sure there's an easier way, but here's my image proof.

Wineskin had issues with mouse control, laggy, etc.
Parallels is much more professional lol

https://imgur.com/a/en1tx6s